Travel and Vaping The TSA "stole" me silver bullet... well, half of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

quovadis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2009
Florida USA
Tsa confiscate stuff, when they are not sure what it is used for. Especially elongate metallic objects. I bet they took the end with the switch?

I would be tremendously fluffed off if that happened to me. The fact that you are not there to defend your cause makes it even worse.
On the other hand i would never allow my SB to fly in suitcase. Bring it on your carry on, so they can ask you silly questions when you check it through the xray machine.

Also, the silly, uncreative, insignificant questions they will ask you the first time you go through TSA checkpoints are important, so next time you go through TSA with your SB you are well prepared for their interrogations.

In their mind, an e cig looks like a real cigarette, long and thin...they are mentally unprepared when you pull out a large diametered shiny metal object out of your carry on that looks similar to a vibrator, rather than an e cig.

blacklung

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Houston
Not even pull me aside and ask "what is this?". I email the TSA and of course I get a form letter with an attachment saying fill out this claim form. How can anything be removed from a checked bag without justifiable cause, and NOT letting the owner be aware of it?

they aren't going to page you or come get you to ask what it is(what if they did that for every person?)... you packed something questionable, and they thought "better safe than sorry". I'm sure it wasn't "theft".

I don't ask "how" anymore.... I just accept it and tell myself WE let it get this way. Hey, At least we are safe from terrorists, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread