Travel and Vaping The TSA "stole" me silver bullet... well, half of it

Status
Not open for further replies.

KissMint

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
PA
I bought TSA approved lock for my luggage it was like $12 (the kind that TSA have master key for).. my lock was gone from my luggage when I was going to open my luggage. Either my locker looks like a keeper or they open my bag and didn't put the lock back on it.
Didn't read the whole thing but I don't expect much from these folks. Of course if something of high value missing then I would definitely contact them for misplacing/stealing my item.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Yup, another vote for "keep it in your carry-on." That way if they don't know what it is, you can tell them.

I was stopped once by TSA, because of my eGo batteries. The guy was actually pretty nice. He opened my purse, took it out, I told him what it was, he scanned it one more time, gave it back, and sent me on my way. Took a couple minutes.

I keep my juice with the other liquids in my quart-sized bag, and any batteries/chargers/atties/etc in my purse.

Sorry you lost half your SB! Let us know how the claim goes.

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
Here's a solution to all the tedium & hassle involved with bag searches & full-body scanners at the airports:

Have a booth that you can step into that will not x-ray you, but will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body. It would be a win-win for everyone, and there would be none of this crap about racial profiling and this method would eliminate a long and expensive trial.

Justice would be quick and swift.

This is so simple that it's brilliant. I can see it now. You're in the airport terminal and you hear a muffled explosion.

Shortly thereafter an announcement comes over the PA system, "Attention standby passengers. We now have a seat available on flight number 4665 .... paging maintenance..., shop vac needed in booth number 4."

McVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2009
Seminole FL
My experience with Rob has always been awesome! It's stories like these that make my purchasing decisions. Vendors who remember the little people in life. :nun:

I'm sorry about your loss but I found myself here because it looks like I'll be traveling with a SB for the holidays. I hope to not go through the same trouble!

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
A tip for anyone traveling with a PV, carry it with you through security. I accidentally did so accompanying a relative and they were pretty interested in my Buzz Vari-Volt! A quick explanation as to it's purpose and why it had 'chips' in it resulted in a grand total of of losing ~3 minutes of time while the dogged sniffed it (I cautioned them not to let the dog lick it or it might get sick from the nicotine), they ran it through the scanner again, and off I went after a quick demo. Had I not been there to explain it, it would have been confiscated by them just to be on the safe side. You have to understand that without evidence to the contrary, it looks just like a little explosive device. A strange connector, 'improvised' wiring, non-standard power cells, lights and buttons. The only thing it's missing is the explosives and we normally travel with little bottles of strange liquids too... Be a positive ambassador! Let them know what it is if they ask and how it works. Don't forget the length of time you've been off analogs too. You leave not only with your PV but with at least one more person more informed about them and knowing that e-cigs are a safe(r) device.

whynotvap

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
amerika
Nah, like I said, they were intrigued by it as they hadn't seen one before but at least they knew 'of' e-cigs. I could only imagine if they hadn't... My biggest concern was if they were going to try to disassemble it. I have one of the early ones and the wire connection doesn't rotate. I'd have had to send it back in for the upgrade for sure then, but I'd have been Buzz-less in the meantime. That would have been the real tragedy! Sea-tac is still a little more tech-savvy than most airports though :D

Gabe1291

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.myspace.com
Easiest way I've found to avoid odd looks with my PV pieces is to put the more electronic looking parts of it in my laptop bag. Since my mod box has a USB charging connector on it, it's easy enough for somebody who doesn't have a clue what an e-cig is to just assume it's some wonky computer component. I put the juice in a bag in my normal carry on, and so far nobody has batted an eye or asked me anything about it.

KissMint

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
PA
Why didn't I get a card in my box that it was searched?! GRRR. I hauled some king size comforter for my sister so I used a box and duct taped it and when I got to my destination the duct tape were being taped over with some brown tapes.

I don't know if they search my other luggage. I put a note in my luggage for TSA to please use a new pair of gloves if they want to search through my clean clothes. I packed my Reo Grand in bubble wrap inside a ziploc bag with Reomods business card in it. I was pretty scared they'll take my juices because I had 45 bottles in my luggage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread