twisted wire super quick ramp up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    messing around with some twisted 30g wire and did a parallel coil build it came out to .4 ohms. at only 2.5 volts or around 16 watts this thing ramps up super quick. kinda scares me lol most .5 ohm coils i need to push at least 4 volts to get vapor production but not this build. can anyone give me insight on why the ramp up time is so quick? it produces a good amount of vapor for 16 watts but the flavor isnt as great other builds ive tried.

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Washington
    Hi Kicking, I love twisted wires! To me, they provide the best flavor and I think its because there is so much surface area touching the juice. Parallel twisted is twice as good but also twice as hot. When you parallel a coil, your essentially building a dual coil in a single coil configuration, so if you were to parallel your 1.3 ohm coil, it would come out to .65 ohms. When you twist wire, you basically drop a wire gage so 2 wires that are 30ga twisted together act similar to 28ga single wire. At .4 ohms, especially with 30ga wire, its going to ramp up quick and continue heating likely burning the juice (possible loss of flavor). This is why I twist 28ga for builds lower than .5 and yes, any more draw on the battery will reduce battery life. about 3x quicker for your .4ohm compared to your 1.3 ohm. This is all assumed that you would hold the button down just as long as you would with your 1.3 ohm coil. Usually with quick ramp up times, my draw is in half seconds as opposed to the slower ramp ups or higher ohm builds where I will draw for 4-8 seconds. Depends on your vaping style if the battery will last as long or not.

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2016
    If you're using a regulated mod, the amperage/voltage ratio doesn't matter. It's the wattage.
    The mod only has 4.2v to work with so no matter what your build is, to get 20w it has to pull 4.8 amps from the battery.

Mech mods are another story.

However you are taxing your battery when you're asking the mod to produce alot of wattage when your batteries are low. All it can do is pull more and more amps from the battery to get the desired wattage.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread