Upcoming and Incoming - two new products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltoftheEarth

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
Oops! I get 24 hours out of a single eGo battery and I work in a small office so I can - and do - vape all day. I pop on a new battery before I go to work in the morning, vape all day, and then switch out with a fresh one the following morning. And I've been doing this for weeks now. So, having made that claim am I now considered a liar as well??

Seriously, Switched, I've enjoyed some of your thoughtful and informative posts in the past but I'd like to respectfully suggest that IMHO you're walking a very fine line when it comes to the tone of some of your recent posts on this thread. I think we can all agree the purpose of this forum is to promote the thoughtful exchange of opinions and ideas rather than discouraging them and name calling or pissing contests are inarguably counterproductive to this general goal...

I agree 100%!!!!!

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Oops! I get 24 hours out of a single eGo battery and I work in a small office so I can - and do - vape all day. I pop on a new battery before I go to work in the morning, vape all day, and then switch out with a fresh one the following morning. And I've been doing this for weeks now. So, having made that claim am I now considered a liar as well??

Seriously, Switched, I've enjoyed some of your thoughtful and informative posts in the past but I'd like to respectfully suggest that IMHO you're walking a very fine line when it comes to the tone of some of your recent posts on this thread. I think we can all agree the purpose of this forum is to promote the thoughtful exchange of opinions and ideas rather than discouraging them and name calling or pissing contests are inarguably counterproductive to this general goal...
I hear you and yes you are totally correct.

The post stems from an eGo batt that lasts between 22-24hrs for someone who vapes heavily. Heavily being the operative world here.

In Mik's rebuttal, he has demonstrated that he is not a heavy vaper which, is what I stated originally. You sir (with all my respect), are not to be considered a heavy vaper as well, with that battery duration. These are not false representations I am claiming, but can be proven mathematically.

All I was trying to say and Alex for that matter is:

• Miks comment might be misleading;
  • That a heavy vaper can expect 22-24hrs out of an eGo batt, because that is what Mik is getting (janty designer);
  • Would be disappointed in battery performance if it is anything less. The comment is mis-leading and irresponsible IMHO;
  • That a moderatly heavy vaper as myself only gets 6-8hrs per batt, which BTW is normal reported battery life for the average vaper.
I have defended the eGo batt longevity as the battery meets expectations @ 650mAh. The mAh rating is one of the most accurate our there for batteries. JoyE products fall within the expected norm. They don't make bogus claims of 900 mAh when the battery is not, like the *fire series etc... No their clain statistically speaking are right on the money.

That being said, the rule of thumb that has been established is a pretty darn close estimate of what can expect of any battery (with accurate mAh ratings). That is my argument.

I further understand that this is a vendors forum, and because it is a vendors forum as a customer I would expect accurate data and claims. That is all I am saying.

It has been seen in the past where Mik speaks out of turn (he as apologized) or gets his panties in a twist when perhaps unsavoury comments are voice in his direction. Hey it is part of the business. In turn he becomes quite boisterous and many have fled, not too eloquent or tactful from a customers perspective.

He made a comment, I called him out on it. He provided a rebuttal and I refuted his rebuttal. I am waiting for a rebuttal if ever there is one, nothing more.

I may not express myself as eloquently or as tactfully as some, English is not my mother tongue.

theopold

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2010
San Jose, CA
Ah, yes indeed...Semantics, even for a native English speaker such as myself, can certainly be a tricky - albeit rather interesting to such as myself - bit of business at times. For the record, I have far fewer concerns with your latest post in any language whatsoever and, as mentioned previously, while you walked a fine line in your earlier posts IMHO you nevertheless failed to definitively cross it. Another poster (who shall remain nameless) DID certainly cross that line (once again, IMHO) and under the circumstances I find Mik's subsequent restraint to be rather admirable.

But let us put such trifles aside for the moment, at least, and move on to the larger and therefore potentially more instructive underlying perceived motives from a reasonably agnostic third-party point of view, if we may. To wit, IMHO (for yet the third time in a single post) the "real" issue at hand has nothing to do with the (theoretically) unassailable definition of terms such as "heavy" or the implied (or impugned, if you prefer) motives contained therein but rather with a topic much closer to the heart of the original subject of this thread. I will, however, leave it to you, Sir, as to whether or not you choose to speak more plainly about the matter in question...

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
Erm, Mik, Switched, excuse me, but keep me out of this, please.

I merely pointed out that if Mik considers his vaping habits "heavey vaping" then there is more than one definition of "heavy vaping" out there. Nothing more. I was amused by his posting, not, as obviously others are, annoyed.
(I'm sorely annoyed by Janty ATM, but I happen to be able to distiguish between people and a dumb company decision. And yes, I still think it was dumb, particularly the carto. That has become a different debate, though, and has nothing to do with this one.)

Mik considers himself a heavy vaper. I probably very easily vape away twice as much as him, and do not consider myself a particularly heavy one. All of this shows just one thing (and it's not exactly news, is it?), namely, that for any serious discussion, terms like "heavy" or "light" are utterly meaningless. The only thing that makes sense is stating how many ml you vape away – be it per day, per battery, or whatever.

Whether you could classify 2ml a day as "heavy" (if you feel you must use this term) is certainly debateable, check this for comparison. But then again, if somebody thinks they vape heavily, they do. Just as I thought there was a time when I drank a wee bit too much alcohol - in absolute terms, most people had a good laugh. It was just a bit too much for me.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
The following comments are made by me, in response to previous threads. If you choose to respond to these, do so - but keep it in an orderly fashion.

Let me try to comment on these:

From Switched (both posts):

The only caveat that has not been addressed here is the nicotine concentration. If you are vaping above 24mg, then yes you might consider yourself a heavy vaper who vapes less frequently. If you are below that, and only vape 2ml/day, then your quantifying statement got you into this argument and need to re-visit which category of vaperness you belong in. To do other wise is leading the consumer astray, and hence why I publicly called you out on it.

No - you need to realise that you are leaning on numbers based on the smallest portion of our customer group. You are the one leading people astray. I have never told anyone that this device WILL carry them through 24 hours. I have told people what MY experience is, and I have told people how I see myself in terms of vaping. If you think im not a heavy vaper, fine, but it does not mean I am lying - it means you are in disagreement with me. Notice, in my posts, that I also tell people to go check our forums, to ask people for themselves. To not only trust me on my words, but to check out things on their own. But you dont seem to mention that. I wonder why. Agenda much?

Isn't the above quote pretty presumptuous on your part, which I have allured to subsequently as well. Janty is taking the stance that we should expect this out of this etc... and that there is a secret formula? Give me a break. The average individual only sees that Mik from Janty gets 22-23hrs out of his eGo battery. He (the average consumer) is getting 6-8hrs which by the way in the real world is the norm. So sorry my friend...

I like how you keep on stating things as if they will become the truth if repeated. If only real life worked that way.

... and this my fiend is indeed the short strokes. You have designed a device that meets your daily vaping requirements, and expect the rest of the vaping community to expect similar results. That statement in itself is pretty pompous and presumptuous wouldn't you think.

Where did you make that up? I told you the truth: I have designed a device, to fit my needs. I did so, as no other device fulfilled my own needs, when i began designing the eGo. I think thats a very natural thing to do. Would you rather have me design it with your grandma in mind? I can add brown colors, and curtains to the box if you like? The Janty eGo is designed to carry ME, through a day, while giving ME an excellent vaping experience. After the design was completed, we tested it on others, and they loved it. Had they hated it, we would have changed things. I think thats pretty normal, to be honest. Do you think Ferrari's designer makes cars that he doesnt like himself? That he wouldnt want to own himself? That he hates to drive or look at?

Wow! If this board only represents about 8% of the market, then why is Janty trying so hard to market their product here. I have yet to see you folks flaunt your credentials anywhere else?

Urhm. We are not. We are only relaying info here, trying to give some updates every now and then, and answering customer service questions. We dont need to flaunt our credentials anywhere else - we have alot of international stores, which usually in turn have a large customer base that either uses their own forums, or are not ON any forums.

Wow! You are truly not intouch with reality. I am speaking of not what I am hearing nor what I am seing but real life experience. Perhaps if you stopped doing Telsa filter commercials, and step out of your office you may actually be more in tune with actual reality.

1) Its not a Telsa filter. Its a Tesla filter. Had you read a few posts in the thread about it, you would know why. 2) Where am I doing commercials for it? I did a video once a long time ago, and a thread at the same time - every since then I have not advertised it. Does your migraine hurt extra much today?

In summation the aforementioned quote = that forum members are a bunch of idiots? Be careful my friend, the comfort of your keyboard may not provide you with the re-assurance that you are the "subject" matter expert, when you are totally ignorant towards the credential of the individual you may be communicating with. I have black hair.

Wow. A threat? I have news for you:

1) I am not an expert, nor have I claimed to be.
2) I only claim you to be an idiot, not the rest of the board.
3) I bet you have a unabrow too.

4) Before you get mad about any of the above comments, please remember that you are the one that attacked me, called me a liar ( several times ) and have now spent a good hour or two, making a post with only one purpose: To somehow "win" over me. Why? I am here to answer everyones questions. I am not lying. You, are just not reading carefully enough. And you are starting to get on my nerves. Not because youre right, just because you are very annoying, very stubborn, and very aggressive.

I am not playing the vaping ministry, just someone calling you out on what can be perceive in innacurate data, which in turn may lead the average consumer into false hope of a product that did not meet expectation. The eGo is a magical device, that renders 6-8hrs of vaping satisfaction. Folks are happy with that. If the device was so perfect, then why do we need the XL battery, or the 2.5ml carto.

You are the one claiming to know everything. You are the one claiming that by your mythical mathematical formula, you can estimate when everyones battery dies. Not me. I tell people what my experience is, and then encourage them to ask others.

And why we need the XL battery? Because there are people out there that want them - dumb question really, isnt it? I personally dont need one, but I dont see how that makes someone else not want or need it?

As for the 2.5 ml cartos: Joyetech makes those for the eGo, and since our competitors choose to have these, then we will also offer these. I think why, is pretty obvious. If they are needed or not, *shrug* thats up to you.

Out of respect you do not like being called a liar, and I do not like to be considred the average idiot. As a consumer, it is my right to call you
out any time I feel the need to question a bogus claim, and as a vendor, it is indeed Janty's right to refute any such claims. But don't think for one minute you can brow beat me into submission.

I like how you do not feel the need to simly ask - or be curious, or just approach the subject, but directly jump to calling "me out", and calling me a liar. I doubt you will find any businesses that will respond well to that approach.

This correspondance has been archived. this is your sub and you may do what you wish with it. If you are honorable, cut and past it out of this thread so we can continue this argument as men. Although I doubt this will happen!

"If I am honorable"? .. Spend a bit more time on this board, and you will see that everything is here - the good and bad. Im only human, I make mistakes every now and then.

The post stems from an eGo batt that lasts between 22-24hrs for someone who vapes heavily. Heavily being the operative world here.

In Mik's rebuttal, he has demonstrated that he is not a heavy vaper which, is what I stated originally. You sir (with all my respect), are not to be considered a heavy vaper as well, with that battery duration. These are not false representations I am claiming, but can be proven mathematically.

You are wrong. It can not be proven mathematically who is and who is not a heavy vaper. I would explain why, but it seems you disregard all logic and substitute your own reality. I did try to explain it in my previous post - but you dont even comment on my answer there, you just skip ahead to your own conclusions as if they are the god given truth. I personally, will then stop answering you on these issues - theres no point.

That being said, the rule of thumb that has been established is a pretty darn close estimate of what can expect of any battery (with accurate mAh ratings). That is my argument.

No. YOU and others have established a rule of thumb. I didnt. I know many others who werent there, or acknowledged it. And since neither you and the people you know, nor me or the people i know, are the official vaping rule-makers, then there is no rule of thumb. I will accept a "general trend", but a general trend among board users, and a general trend among non board users then have to be discussed. And since lets say hypothetically over 80% of our users are NON board users, and since the majority of them uses an eGo battery for a _day_ then it seems that we should be the ones to win the "Rule of thumb", when it comes to saying how long the eGo battery lasts, doesnt it? My numbers are based on feedback - from a crowd larger than the crowd you are quoting. By logic I then win the right to say that you are wrong. But notice, that I - unlike you - dont call you a liar, I simply state that you might need to alter your perceptions, and realise that this might not classify me as less than a heavy vaper, but it might just classify you as quick to pull the gun unnecessary on matters that are irrelevant to alot of users.

it has been seen in the past where Mik speaks out of turn (he as apologized) or gets his panties in a twist when perhaps unsavoury comments are voice in his direction. Hey it is part of the business. In turn he becomes quite boisterous and many have fled, not too eloquent or tactful from a customers perspective.

Try counting up how many posts ive done, how many threads ive answered, how many emails i answer, how many pms i answer - and then see how many / how much has gone wrong. Rather low percentage i think. Then try to acknowledge that i do apologize ( as you say ) and that i am a man of my word - and that i stick by my actions - then once more, try to use this against me. I am not a robot - I am a living, breathing, human being - and ofcourse i can get annoyed, irritated, and hurt. I should not let it get to me, but sometimes I do. And as I have stated many times before, what I am doing is in sync with how Janty wants to portrait themselves/how we are: An open company, trying to stay on the ground. It does not always work - but we try. And I would like to think that people respect, and acknowledge this - and actually like the fact that we do so.

/I]

From AlexTM:

Erm, Mik, Switched, excuse me, but keep me out of this, please.

You began. :) But, I hope you see that I am keeping you "out of it", ofcourse, where relevant I must refer to you. Otherwise I might be called a liar again.

I merely pointed out that if Mik considers his vaping habits "heavey vaping" then there is more than one definition of "heavy vaping" out there. Nothing more. I was amused by his posting, not, as obviously others are, annoyed.

I agree 100%, and that was also the point i tried to convey.

(I'm sorely annoyed by Janty ATM, but I happen to be able to distiguish between people and a dumb company decision. And yes, I still think it was dumb, particularly the carto. That has become a different debate, though, and has nothing to do with this one.)

I sure hope so, because I have had nothing to do with the new carto, and the new big atomizers. I have my opinion... but I wont tell you what it is :)

Mik considers himself a heavy vaper. I probably very easily vape away twice as much as him, and do not consider myself a particularly heavy one. All of this shows just one thing (and it's not exactly news, is it?), namely, that for any serious discussion, terms like "heavy" or "light" are utterly meaningless.
The only thing that makes sense is stating how many ml you vape away – be it per day, per battery, or whatever.

I know what you mean, but to be honest I dont even think you can or should be able to measure it in mls. I think, if anything, you should define it by a sum of all of the above. How much you go through in a day, is your e-cig always with you, how many button presses, how often do you drag, how long are your drags. All of the above = what kind of vaper you are. The sad reality is, that it is still unusable info - since noone will measure that info, apart from one or two guys on a test forum somewhere. So what I am trying to do - and feel that I have to do - is to answer as honestly as I possibly can; By using myself as an example. I am not lying when i say i consider myself a moderate to heavy vaper ( notice, i do use both terms, you guys just both picked out the post where i only said heavily.. ) and i do encourage everyone to go ask other people - to go ask on the forums, about longevity of the batteries. So, in short i think this whole post, this attack is .. irrelevant. I have not lied, and I do my best to be as informative as I can, under whatever restrictions that might have been imposed on me, per project.

Whether you could classify 2ml a day as "heavy" (if you feel you must use this term) is certainly debateable, check this for comparison.

It is debateable, and since your comparison contains only tests from forum-goers, and omits atleast 80% of the customer base, then I wont even waste time looking at it. It wouldnt solve anything.

-Now, if you will all excuse me, I want to go and hang out with my family on this nice sunday. Have a nice sunday!

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
Page after page of unproductive , unhelpful, uninformative banter. any viewer/reader of the mess attempting to decipher productive information/release dates/point of sale etc... at this point, is likely frustrated and on the verge of abandoning hope for intelligible answers.

Even an argument by two highly intelligent beings can still be an exercise in ......ation gentlemen.

Honestly i came to this thread seeking some answers regarding your product. At this time, ive bloody forgot what the hell it was, nor do i really feel like going back through the last 5 pages of this back and forth to find what is was i was asking.

Your conversation while valid in each your own rights, should have been taken out of public eye pages ago in light of "appropriate avenues", keeping in mind Mik its your forum and far be it from me to suggest how you run it, but correct me if im wrong, this is a thread to inform your customers... vs a public sounding board for gripes....

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
$hua:

You are forgetting one thing, it is impossible for me to do something right.

If i had stopped the discussion, as you think I should have, by editing, removing, etc switched or AlexTM's comments, then I would be called a dictator, or something of the likes. Trust me, ive tried this before.

On the other hand, if I do comment back, this means I will get people like you thinking that this has gone overboard on my back.

But out of the two options ( and yes there might be a third, but humor me here ) I opted for , to a certain extent, answering Switched, seeing as he did call me a liar - and I dont want that going unanswered. Atleast this way, people can choose to read the post, and my answer, or skip it.

I stand by my comments 100%, and I honestly can not see I have done anything except act in good faith.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
My personal feelings is this is a good product however price on the 2 new items is outlandish, $25 for 1 Atty and a pack of carts is a bit insane when Attys are being had for only $3-5 and the price the manufacturer is making this stuff for is probably$1-$2 bucks. As for the Cartomizer those I am looking forward to trying and will have them on Tues, there a bit pricey as well, Janty has quality merchandise for sure and that people will pay for but its just a bit much for 1 Atomizer in my honest opinion the pricing needs to be adjusted

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
It is quite hard to stay on the positive side, when someone attacks you like this. Trust me :)

Also, it seems that even the brightest comment i can make, always can be interpreted the wrong way by those wishing to do so, so - it is not entirely up to me.

The way i see it, its the posters that come in these threads and ruin it - not me. This is not a thread that was made to debate anything about me, or my vaping habits. So how about you all begin blaming the people that hijack the threads instead of me.

Dont get me wrong $hua, - i know what you mean - but it is quite hard to deliver positivity and insight, when you have people like that on your back. And since they appear to be ruining this thread as much for you, as they do for me - why dont direct your responses, pleas, and comments to them ?

If everyone told them to stay on subject - or told them that their posts belongs in another thread, maybe i wouldnt have to! :)

I think thats enough for me.. i can feel a rant coming up. And i would much rather spend my sunday with my family, instead of inside, infront of the computer, constantly defending myself over things i didnt do. :)

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Mik,

I read the most recent back and forth between you and Switched.

Some time back I proposed to create the Janty Journal. Switched "created " it and you stickied it.

If you've been called a liar, briefly defend yourself then move the discussion to the Journal, that's why it's there.

I loved your explanation of the design process in regards to pleasing yourself as a motive force.

I'm getting about 24hrs. out of my EGO. Partly because of your " I can" spirit, I've been off butts for 2.5 mnths . THANK YOU:toast:

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hi Progg,

While i do see your point, then i bet that if i moved this discussion to the journal, then those reading there would be annoyed as well.

Anyway, hopefully we are all past this now - and i for my part will try harder not to engage in lenghty discussions in the future!

Im glad to hear that the eGo is helping you stay off those nasty analogues :)

progg

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 17, 2010
Hi Progg,

While i do see your point, then i bet that if i moved this discussion to the journal, then those reading there would be annoyed as well.

Anyway, hopefully we are all past this now - and i for my part will try harder not to engage in lenghty discussions in the future!

Im glad to hear that the eGo is helping you stay off those nasty analogues :)

Maybe you could sticky yet a new thread titled-- For The Annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread