Upcoming and Incoming - two new products!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey.

No not at the moment. We believe the existing devices do the job well enough not to have to invent something new. When it comes to regulating voltage, there are alot of things that can go wrong - abuse for instance, can easily lead to a defective battery, or atomizer; all things that we then have to honor warranty wise.

So im afraid its not something we have plans for at the moment.

$hua

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2010
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow, GA
When it comes to regulating voltage, there are alot of things that can go wrong - abuse for instance, can easily lead to a defective battery, or atomizer; all things that we then have to honor warranty wise.

understandable... just keep in mind that were you to some day in the future decide to pursue this technology, i am without a doubt certain you would have an immense following.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Hey.

No not at the moment. We believe the existing devices do the job well enough not to have to invent something new. When it comes to regulating voltage, there are alot of things that can go wrong - abuse for instance, can easily lead to a defective battery, or atomizer; all things that we then have to honor warranty wise.

Not trying to be the bane of your existence Mik, but what happens if someone else manufactures one of them into streamline production vs a simple mod. This is a trend I allured to earlier in this thread, wrt the cartos and new attys?

I support the aforementioned position, but where do we stop? Where is the line drawn on innovation?

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Not trying to be the bane of your existence Mik, but what happens if someone else manufactures one of them into streamline production vs a simple mod. This is a trend I allured to earlier in this thread, wrt the cartos and new attys?

I support the aforementioned position, but where do we stop? Where is the line drawn on innovation?

As I have mentioned before;

1) We might do it - it depends.
2) If someone else does it, I hope they do it right, otherwise they will be looking at +1000 more issues than you get with a normal e-cig - and this means alot more returns, alot more breakage, and well overall, it will just be harder to make the product "worth" it financially. I am definately not saying it cant be done; We might do it. But we dont find it to be the best path to go down at the moment. Yes it is interesting, but is it necessary? Not in our opinion.

I feel that a well designed, well made, well thought out e-cigarette that is simple, and performs will win over any complicated "mod", that has too many features. I mean, if high voltage is so good - why even buy a variable mod? So everyone can get it the way they want? Well if thats the case, that is also the same as saying "not everyone likes high voltage".

But again - I am not saying we wont, I am only saying that its not just a matter of spitting out a product that works, there is so much more to it.

But lets see if I am right - I know of one other company that is designing one at the moment, and my guess ( let me underline guess ) is that it will be a nice device, but it will fail alot, and be too far off for the average consumer to want it.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
As I have mentioned before;

1) We might do it - it depends.
2) If someone else does it, I hope they do it right, otherwise they will be looking at +1000 more issues than you get with a normal e-cig - and this means alot more returns, alot more breakage, and well overall, it will just be harder to make the product "worth" it financially. I am definately not saying it cant be done; We might do it. But we dont find it to be the best path to go down at the moment. Yes it is interesting, but is it necessary? Not in our opinion.

I feel that a well designed, well made, well thought out e-cigarette that is simple, and performs will win over any complicated "mod", that has too many features. I mean, if high voltage is so good - why even buy a variable mod? So everyone can get it the way they want? Well if thats the case, that is also the same as saying "not everyone likes high voltage".

But again - I am not saying we wont, I am only saying that its not just a matter of spitting out a product that works, there is so much more to it.

But lets see if I am right - I know of one other company that is designing one at the moment, and my guess ( let me underline guess ) is that it will be a nice device, but it will fail alot, and be too far off for the average consumer to want it.
Exactly, where I am going with my comment.

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Then we agree :)

I dont mind innovation, but I do mind when companies do it at the cost of the consumer. If you put out something, you need to make sure it works right. Thats why you see the stuff I design work!

I know .. i know.. that comment will hit me in the head a thousand times, but I honestly do try my best - and then do it some more - just to make absolutely sure that the stuff I design and build, has gone through a thorough testing, both intellectually, and physically, before I atleast say yes to putting my name on it!

JohnnyCool

Jul 14, 2010
Pennsylvania
Good Lord!

Just read through most of this thread looking for some info on Janty products. Unfortunately, there is not much information to be had. Mostly self important jerks trying to use this Mik fellow as their personal whipping post. And it completely distracts from not only the effective dissemination of information, but probably Mik's willingness to provide it in the future. Overall, I would say that many of the most frequent posters on this thread have done a disservice to the overall membership with the way that they have conducted themselves on this thread.

Mik, for what it's worth, I am not a fan of the aesthetics of the cartomizer, but I think that you were dead on regarding performance. The XL atomizers were a bit disappointing, difficult to keep the balance of flooding/drying. They also seemed to go dead rather quickly for me.

That said, I have been using the eGo for about 6 months and have been analog free for about 5 months. I think that the eGo is an excellent product and has been the main thing that has enabled me to not smoke.

I am also looking forward to trying the eGo-T as that looks like a fantastic innovation!

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I am V impressed with my Jantykorea Xl ego cartomizer. Vaping it all day and still no need for refill. No dead hits and flavor still decent.

Have to say as a carry out it gains points on the tank system.

1. With the tanks you have to put them in a carry pouch otherwise you'll get stinky pockets. My carry pouch has a lot of leaked liquid on it. Not a big issue - but still.

2. With the XL carto, man screw her on and you have one compact unit with nothing that can come loose, dislodge or leak. In fact I've just been carrying it in my jeans pocket all day, no pouch and the versatility of it is awesesome. No need to undo a pouch, put it back in your pocket etc like there is with the tank set up. Plus tanks could come loose just carrried in a pocket.

3. But there is the damned filling with a syringe. No way I'm doing that in public and no way i'm carrrying around a syringe with me! Tank sytem can carry sprare tank with rubber stopper on in pouch or a 5ml bottle of juice and easily re-fill. then again the XL carto holds 1.8ml.

So for home vaping, the ego-t will be my at home vape for sure as it gives about 10% more flavor in my experience. Probably for long journey over a day as well. But for a whole day out and about, poker game, night out with the boys etc, the XL carto gets my vote. In fact for longer journeys could just pack an extra carto....

As my out and about vape it's a very close call between these two and the compactness of the XL carto, no leaks, no need for pouch or case, no possible loose tanks etc - yes it wins. It does. Xl cart is my go to for a day out. If only there was an easier way to fill the things they would be perfect.

Tanks taste just that small but noticable 10% better though and are best at home vape.

(n.b - I am using Jantykorea store bought cartos, no cheap imitations and have only used one so far. I may be lucky not to have had a dud one or a foul tasting one and am still only on my first fill.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread