uwell_rafale_sub-ohm_tc_tank.jpg

Uwell Rafale Sub-Ohm TC Tank

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Looks cool but I wish these manufacturers would start throwing in the RBA. I just hate paying $40-50 for a tank and then shelling out another $10-15 for the RBA.

I also wonder if Uwell has solved the leaking problems that myself and more than a few others have seen with the Crown?

If the reviews are good, I would likely buy one in any case....

Reactions: curiousJan

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
Looks cool but I wish these manufacturers would start throwing in the RBA. I just hate paying $40-50 for a tank and then shelling out another $10-15 for the RBA.

I also wonder if Uwell has solved the leaking problems that myself and more than a few others have seen with the Crown?

If the reviews are good, I would likely buy one in any case....
Agree they should just include the RBA.

The only leaking I get with the crown is if I top fill. No matter how I wick it, it will dump a quarter of the tank if I top fill. I have even tried filling then only screwing top cap far enough to just engage o-ring then flipping upside down to finish tightening but it still dumps juice. Now I just bottom fill and I get no leaking at all.

TheVapingKitty

Dec 23, 2015
Yeah, it pretty much looks like a Crown 2.0 to me, with a slightly bigger e-liquid capacity. Coils wise, as a sub-ohm vaper who hasn't gone into building my own coils, I could see myself using the Rafale. Then again, I would definitely wanna see how this stacks up to the Crown. Hopefully we can find reviews of this soon.

Sent by TheVapingKitty via Tapatalk

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
  • Patented Convenient Top-Fill Method with Twist Mechanism
  • Patented Anti-Spitback System

Why do manufacturers do this? Especially in China!
If your patented idea takes off your going to get cloned, period! Not a single thing you can do about it so please just stop. You live and do business in China, your trademark office is a joke no one cares about patents over there.

I'm interested in the tank however, more than likely will pick one up.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Agree they should just include the RBA.

The only leaking I get with the crown is if I top fill. No matter how I wick it, it will dump a quarter of the tank if I top fill. I have even tried filling then only screwing top cap far enough to just engage o-ring then flipping upside down to finish tightening but it still dumps juice. Now I just bottom fill and I get no leaking at all.
Mine both leak just a drop of two. Enough to make the airflow slots wet and maybe a tiny bit around the bottom of the tank when I remove it. Not a lot, but enough to p!$$ me off and not let me bring a Crown out in my coat or suit jacket.

This is with multiple coils and the RBA on 2 different Crowns.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I agree this is not quite Crown 2.0. Different coils, not backward compatible with those from the Crown.
I should think that a mistake, but what the hell... they didn't ask me. :p

I don't think the Crown will fade away though, regardless.
But I've had zero luck getting a working, leak free with top-fill build on the RBA.
I'm back to the factory heads.
Fix that... and I'll buy a Rafale. Though not at this price. :confused:

:D

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Ive sent an email to the head of Uwell, to ask a few questions, unlike my well known hatred of JoyeTech, i have time for Uwell and had some good exchanges with the head of Uwell before, during and after i famously sent my Crown back to him personally.

His customer service at the time left me telling him id give serious consideration to buying whatever they came up with next. Customer service, JoyeTech should try it, you can keep people like me as customers if you at least try.

Hopefully theyve sorted out the coil issue with the new coils. Although ive never really been a fan of prebuilts, the Crown was the only tank i ever used prebuilts in, and many, like me got only 3 days out of them. And i hope the RBA is a) included (doesnt look like it, but im asking anyway, it gets to be an expensive endeavour buying both here in Oz) b) has been revised like the coils have over the Crown one.

As a 100% diy coil user, until i got the Crown, i bought the Crown as the first tank id run in either mode, prebuilt coils for when i was lazy and the RBA most of the time. I am hoping the new tank is all i hope it is.

Official site: Uwell Rafale Tank

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread