Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I can't believe this rda isn't getting more discussion! Maybe because Uwell didn't blast it out there? I really like what they did on the deck, just wish it was a little bigger. To clarify width wise. Without the neutral you could fit massive builds. But I'm more interested in the series/parallel builds. From what I see it will be tight for cotton when building regular horizontal s/p builds.
Anyone out there have any thoughts?!?

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
So the center pin is isolated, allowing you to run coils in series...
I guess this just begs the question: why not just wind coils that are twice as long and not have to screw aound with additional coil legs and connections? A 2p/2s coil setup is the same as a 2p setup in the same gauge, just with more leg loss.
2p/2s != 4p

Reactions: bwh79

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Ok have mine in hand. Just got it today so haven't played much. I see why some say the neutral is worrisome since it seem wobbly but it's OK. Threw a quick quad s/p Nichrome build in it and it works well so far. Machining and o rings are all good.
Oh and not sure about the spit back piece in the dt yet, doesn't bother me really other than having to pull it out to drip.
20160420_214502.jpg

Reactions: RPadTV

Uncle00Jesse

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
NY
This rda is so under appreciated it's sad. It's the most innovative product that has come out in a very long time. An absolute must for series mod users. I have a dual 5 wrap 22 gauge anarchist build right now. An absolutely suicidal build on a cricket with any other dripper on the market. It's reading .5 ohms and hitting so amazingly. Best 30 bucks I ever spent on vaping

MrNobody

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2015
I absolutely love this rda. I'm able to run 5/6 wrap alien coils in it and have it come out safe enough to run on a series box (the main reason I bought it). To make it even better the flavor is great regardless of airflow, with no tip, and I haven't had mine heat up all. Seriously considering picking up a second one.

Slips

Nov 7, 2014
Bay Area
Well just built mine.
Used ss316l.
2s/2p, 2.5mm, contact coil, .47 ohm-.5 ohm depending on device.
Using it on the rx200 right now. First time I have ever really "needed" to go over 100w in recent memory.
Settled in at 111w for now. Warm vape, about as dense as a crown tank with .25 coil at 60w 480f on the sx.
While I can see some of the more artistic coil builders making use of the "netural" post, for me so far it is just a novelty. It is well made esp for the price (30$ ish) there are better ways to get the vape I want. But still thats just my first impression maybe this will inspire me some how to try out some type of fancier build.
Love the deck space.

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
I guess I just don't get it. How is 2 coils in series any different than just making one, longer coil?

Better to wick 4 small coils than 2 large ones.

I've had the Rafale-X for a day now, nice dripper, deep juice well and very versatile. Currently I have 4 316L core claptons (26/34) at around .4ohm.

Not my prettiest work, but really nice once it ramps up -

e50KwOIl.jpg

I've since moved the wattage to 175W, ramping up is not really a problem now. I might take another wack at wicking it differently, I think it would perform even better if half of each coil was not covered with cotton.

My next build will prob go back to normal dual coils. It isn't that I have a problem with vaping @175W, I just don't like swapping batteries that often.

Last edited:

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
Mine currently has 4 standard like your first pics. But when I wicked I fed straight from coil to coil in the middle. So only the outer ends go to the well. Wicks well (ymmv depending on wick etc...) and has more airflow as you mentioned.

I was waiting for it to be dry so I could rewick it like that, but went with the vertical coils and I am not disappointed at all with the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread