Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Here is the recent review from RIP Trippers. Tank was overall good, but RIP still prefers the Crown (and he is a huge Crown fanboy). He also experienced quite a bit of leaking when doing top fill.

I like what i see, but will probably wait for a few more reviews before making a purchase.

Uwell did respond to rip though and it seems he got sent a bad batch of coils which they have now sorted.

To early to give any opinions really but the top fill seems messy to me, then again, the Herakles Plus looked over complicated and that's turned out to be my No1 tank atm..

botibill

Feb 7, 2015
KS
Ive sent an email to the head of Uwell, to ask a few questions, unlike my well known hatred of JoyeTech, i have time for Uwell and had some good exchanges with the head of Uwell before, during and after i famously sent my Crown back to him personally.

His customer service at the time left me telling him id give serious consideration to buying whatever they came up with next. Customer service, JoyeTech should try it, you can keep people like me as customers if you at least try.

Hopefully theyve sorted out the coil issue with the new coils. Although ive never really been a fan of prebuilts, the Crown was the only tank i ever used prebuilts in, and many, like me got only 3 days out of them. And i hope the RBA is a) included (doesnt look like it, but im asking anyway, it gets to be an expensive endeavour buying both here in Oz) b) has been revised like the coils have over the Crown one.

As a 100% diy coil user, until i got the Crown, i bought the Crown as the first tank id run in either mode, prebuilt coils for when i was lazy and the RBA most of the time. I am hoping the new tank is all i hope it is.

Official site: Uwell Rafale Tank
I have a Uwell Crown and have had not a single problem with mine. And I've had it for two months and still using the coil that came with it. To me that's amazing. The Rafale reviews I've seen on YouTube makes this tank one I don't think I'll even want to mess with. Check out some of the viedos and see what you think.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
I have a Uwell Crown and have had not a single problem with mine. And I've had it for two months and still using the coil that came with it. To me that's amazing. The Rafale reviews I've seen on YouTube makes this tank one I don't think I'll even want to mess with. Check out some of the viedos and see what you think.

I know there are those out there with good experiences with the Crown, i wasnt one of them,, and literally noone i know personally had a good experience, including the guys at my local b&m who couldnt get more than 3 days out of a coil....but then Uwell admitted they had coil issues, so we knew it wasnt just us. They said they were issuing new ones, just seemed like even months later none of the "newer" coils ever made it to Australia and into the hands of people i know. As i said, i famously sent mine back, and got it resolved with Uwell in a good way.

I was really looking forward to this new tank, but it has echoes of the Crown episode - i.e. the coils that came with it werent working and they were sending Rip "new" ones, thats the Crown experience over again it seems. But they may actually have that nailed this time?.

My only real gripe and the thing that may make me miss this one is the drip tip, i freaking loathe wide bore drip tips...vendors, we're not all 20-30 years doubling ourselves over and then pulling huge lung hits as we unbend like at a cloud comp...please stop assuming we are...quite why they (vendors in general) cant include the option of either a chuff or narrow bore drip tip in their packaging is beyond me, some vendors used to do this. So the fact its a chuff tip alone is a minus, thats its fixed and you cant even use a 3rd party one is almost certainly going to stop me getting one. The other reason is: No RBA...yet? They have some work to do to make a better one than the Crown RBA which was awful.

I really hoped they had finally made up for the Crown, frustrating.....i want to buy your gear!

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
The Rafale looks cool but I'll be using Crown Tanks (5) for a while. Love those Holiday sales.

Crown .25Ω @ 80W last me:
100ml with Hingham Hill juices
200ml+ with unflavored
50ml-60ml with my sweet azz DIY
I scrape out the crud with a dental paddle at about 30ml with my gunky DIY and poke holes with a pin.

perfect compliments to my MT RTAs

980526_1731622437068579_2993325572305578442_o.jpg

Last edited:

sd3614

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2015
MIDWEST USA
I'm sorely disappointed with this. That top fill is way more tricky than it looks and my current bulk bottles will not work well with it. How do I know? Well Uwell kinda snagged this idea from Beyang. I did a review on the Beyang 7ml top fill tanks last summer. Here is my old pic of the Beyang...

WP_20150818_023.jpg

This was last summer mind you.

Anyway I was really hoping for a true Crown 2.0 and all we needed was more capacity, perhaps a coil slug size like a TFV4, that was about it. I really really hope we see something like this soon.

Starre/Maganus took a step forward on their newest tanks for 2016 improving upon Starre Pro (which I considered a big goof of a tank) and it looks like Uwell is taking a step back (at least on this model).

Like many of you I'm stocked up big time on current Crown. So I'm going to pass on this one and fingers crossed Crown 2.0 / Crown "Supreme" comes along ☺

Last edited:
Reactions: Mowgli

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Tempe, Az
I won a free Rafale with rebuild kit. Tracking shows it will be delivered this Wed 1-27-16, barring snow delays.

I am surprised by all the bashing of the top fill when from the videos it seems that filling could be done from the bottom as well. If you are not having a good experience with the top why not mention the bottom?

At any rate, I am looking forward to playing with this Rafale Wed evening.

Reactions: ThunderDan

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I won a free Rafale with rebuild kit. Tracking shows it will be delivered this Wed 1-27-16, barring snow delays.

I am surprised by all the bashing of the top fill when from the videos it seems that filling could be done from the bottom as well. If you are not having a good experience with the top why not mention the bottom?

At any rate, I am looking forward to playing with this Rafale Wed evening.
    The VRBA looks interesting.

iteevision

Aug 6, 2015
    After a week of use I am stunned with this tank, I started vaping this tank with the 0.50omh @35watt slowly building up just as I am used to with the Crown coils. I’m vaping the tank @60 watt which is my preferred setting for the moment. Pretty sure it can go higher.

The build of the tank is solid, clean and the parts are easy to disassemble for cleaning, just as the Crown is!

After a 20 ml of breaking-in the tank produces dens and huge clouds with lots of flavor. Airflow is the best ever experienced and perfect for a big lung-hit. I dare to say it’s at least on par with the Crown, but I feel that with the super airflow the flavor is more intense.

Topfill
    I must say that first I was skeptical about the top fill, the fact is, it’s so easy to fill that I keep filling here by the top. I filled this tank from the bottom for my first use, filled from the top for my next refills, left it overnight laying horizontal with no leaks whatsoever. I made a small clip, filling the tank (topfill) with just one hand, just to show you guy’s how convenient and simple the filling is.

The tank gets warm, slightly warmer than the crown especially at higher watts but nowhere near that its untouchable.

I need more days to learn the different aspects of this tank and coils, time will tell if this is a better tank than the Uwell Crown, but for now it’s my daily n°1 next to the Uwell Crown and an Sense Herakles Plus.

SheerLuckHolmes

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2009
    Tempe, Az
    Received Rafale yesterday. Been using it last evening through this morning. Gone through two tanks and ready to fill third. I'm starting off with the stock coil 0.2 SS just to get used to how it vapes before venturing into the RBA.

I normally vape around 0.4 to 0.6 from 26W to 30W and around 400F to 420F. To get a similar experience on the Rafale I have it at 55W 560F

I like a wide open air draw.... but WOW. The smallest setting of the Rafale is just too tight for me but easing it a tad more open but not hitting the next snap setting is what I'm used to.

Flavor is evident at all air flow settings.

Never had a Crown before, so I ordered one to compare side by side. The Crown is set in the range I normally use getting similar experience. Flavor little better on Crown.

I refill each from tops. Once filled I turn either upside down and blow through drip tip holding paper towel up against air intake holes. Rafale spits out just a small amount of liquid. Crown throws out three times as much. Once that is done neither one has leaked while vaping them to empty.

Reactions: iteevision

iteevision

Aug 6, 2015
    Today i removed the anti spitback protection as been showed on some reviewers site, honestly, this is a completely other tank. Flavor wise it got boosted incredibly, i really enjoy this tank so much now.
    Another benefit of the removal, the tank wont get so hot now, mainly because of the better airflow.
    Really can't understand why Uwell made such a mistake considering the tank is so beautifully build (except for the spitback piece in the chimney)

The process of removal if done well is almost painless, I recommend it to all (at your own risk)
    You wont regret it!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread