Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have found it to vary depending on the output you have your mod ser to. If I'm using my 1.8 ohm drip tip at 7 watts it will run the battery down to 3.2 or so before it cuts off. But if I'm using a dual coil carto at 14 watts the unit will shut during a draw at around 3.6 volts. The 800 mah 18350s just can't handle the draw like a bigger mah 18650.

So to sum it up, sounds like your vamo is operating normally to me. You might want to try the ultrafire 1200 mah 18350s.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

The 1200's sux - 2.5-3hr tops with a kanger @2.6 running 7w Same with 2 brand new Ultra's
Testing the Efest 800's now. First one still going @4+hrs on the same setup. Hmmmm......:glare:

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas
I have my first and only complaint about the Vamo so far. The black chrome finish scratches easily and there are spots where it seems to have rubbed off where I hold it. They should put a more durable coating on the tube. Other than that it still works great.

Mine should be arriving next week, got a can of clear coat...maybe that will be the first thing to do with this bad boy.
:toast:

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
I have my first and only complaint about the Vamo so far. The black chrome finish scratches easily and there are spots where it seems to have rubbed off where I hold it. They should put a more durable coating on the tube. Other than that it still works great.

I can see that happening with mine too. Just barely but a couple of nicks are visible. I don't care. I've got an order for the SS version which will become my daily driver. The black chrome will eventually get stripped and repainted with Cerakote. I never liked any kind of chrome finish but the black looks way nicer than the silver.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Mine should be arriving next week, got a can of clear coat...maybe that will be the first thing to do with this bad boy.
Clear coat won't adhere to the chrome finish. You would need to refinish the entire mod, which eventually wouldn't be a bad idea. This is an inexpensive device and disassembles easily. Modding it should be easy.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Clear coat won't adhere to the chrome finish. You would need to refinish the entire mod, which eventually wouldn't be a bad idea. This is an inexpensive device and disassembles easily. Modding it should be easy.

Need to get Rnoserious to do a video on how he applied the coating to his. He just showed it finished on his video. It looks good. My spots are getting bigger and it is getting ugly. Taking it apart, sanding it and giving it a nice finish would be a good project. I have a second blach chrome one on the way. I ordered it before this started happening. If it had before I ordered I would have got regular chrome instead of another black chrome one. The lower priced suppliers don't have the stainless steel in stock yet.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
They are new unprotected IMR 800 mah batteries, but not AW, just a couple of cheap efest batteries I picked up from somewhere I can't remember. I do get 2-3 hours of vaping, so compared to 8-10 hours on my 18650 1600 mah, it seems about the right amount of vape time. It's just the voltage indicator discrepancy I was concerned about. It does give the LO or 02 indicator before it cuts out, so the Vamo seems to be working fine.

I've used AW IMR 18650's and also AW Protected 18650, Plus efest flat top 18350's stacked and single and AW IMR 18350's both ways. Never a problem. But I don't let the batteries discharge to the point of the device quitting. It's only happened twice to me and once was with a kicked SB with a protected AW and my Provari with an IMR. I belive in charging before they need it. Makes me happy and seems to keep them happy also. :2c:

williegntx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2009
Central Texas

Well, geeze and I thought I had the quick fix...thanks for the heads up on that!

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Here is a photo of the wear spots. They keep getting bigger like a fast growing bacteria. The spots are right where my fingers hold the vamo. The black chrome coating is not put on well at all. I circled the spots. The spots on the extender section are worse than they look as the camera flash obscured them a bit. Other light on there is the flash.

vamo wear.jpg

Last edited:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
How long did it take for that to happen?

Maybe putting car wax on these for 10-15 minutes, then buff off would help keep the finish longer?

I've had the Vamo for about ten days. I started noticing it yesterday, so it took nine days of moderate use to occur.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Ohh damn, that's quick! What do you think about my idea, think it would help at all?

I just got mine, and would hate to see that! I was expecting you'd maybe say a few months or something :(

Not sure about the wax. I think that would wear off faster than the chrome finish. Once it starts it just keeps growing.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Need to get Rnoserious to do a video on how he applied the coating to his. He just showed it finished on his video. It looks good. My spots are getting bigger and it is getting ugly. Taking it apart, sanding it and giving it a nice finish would be a good project. I have a second blach chrome one on the way. I ordered it before this started happening. If it had before I ordered I would have got regular chrome instead of another black chrome one. The lower priced suppliers don't have the stainless steel in stock yet.

Rno likely stripped the tube down to the metal. He used Cerakote to paint it. Cerakote is an ultra-durable heat cured paint used to paint firearms. You can apply it at home but it requires some know-how, proper cleaning, mixing, compressed air brush, and probably an oven to cure the paint at 200 degrees. Heat curing may not be totally necessary as this isn't a firearm application but without heat, the paint would take a long time to cure. Perhaps a week. If you were actually able to strip the device down to the bare metal, you could probably use an easier paint method but Cerakote wont chip or scratch if it's dropped on a hard surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread