vamo v3 ,5 ,sid or svd for starter mod

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by tg2add334, Nov 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. tg2add334

tg2add334 Full Member

I'm looking at the vamo v3 and 5, sid and svd I would really like to know what is the best to start out with as a mod and the best set up to go with battery and charger wise

2. loislolalane

loislolalane Senior Member ECF Veteran

I own a SiD and I love it. I made the choice to get a SiD after reading the forums and watching the PBusardo review/comparison between it and a Z-Max. I chose it because of the clarity of the menu and the fact that it didn't perform any different from any of its competitors, such as the Z-Max and the Vamo. I think they are pretty much all the same, but you have to decide which is aesthetically better for you and which have the appropriate ranges for you as far as wattage and voltage. An added point for the SiD is the ability to switch out just the control head for cheap, if your mechanics stop working. Good luck making your choice! Watch a lot of YouTube videos. It helps.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

3. KrisAinTX

KrisAinTX Senior Member ECF Veteran

I would suggest the SVD. I've owned all but the Vamo V5, and the build quality on the SVD is superior. It's also the only one I haven't had problems with.

For batteries and charger - get a Nitecore Intellicharger, either the i2 or i4. The main difference between the two is that the i2 has 2 charging banks, the i4 has 4. The i4 is usually available for around $20. Batteries, you can't go wrong with AW IMRs, eFest, Panisonic, or Samsung. Some folks also use Sonys. An SVD will take anywhere from an 18350 to an 18650. Those batteries will run you anywhere from $4 each to $15 each, depending on the size you choose and the brand you choose. I personally only run AW IMRs now, and they're fairly pricey as far as batteries go.

Vape on!

4. UnclePsyko

UnclePsyko NET Squonker... Verified Member ECF Veteran

Best advice here^^^. DO NOT go cheap on the batteries and charger! Buy quality batteries from a reputable vendor only and pay the few extra dollars. There are some vendors/dealers on ebay that are selling rebranded knock-off's that are not the battery you think your getting. They can fail... and when they do, people get hurt and property gets damaged! Shop Wisely!

5. ironcobra

ironcobra Full Member Verified Member

I bought the SID about a week ago. So far, so good. I use Panasonic 18360 batteries, and have a Nitecore Intellicharger. Seems to be a decent setup for me at this time. Still so much to learn about.

6. KrisAinTX

KrisAinTX Senior Member ECF Veteran

I would also add advice I've seen from many people here - don't buy batteries or chargers with FIRE in the name. Just as a rule of thumb. :)

7. Donnie Narco

Donnie Narco Full Member Verified Member

I bought the SVD kit from FastTech with 4 UltraFire 18650 batteries and a i4 charger and I love it! The SVD is by far better than other mods I have tried. The only think I would upgrade to a Chi Yu from an SVD. Get one!

8. UnclePsyko

Well said Brotha!

don't play with fire!

9. tg2add334

tg2add334 Full Member

thanks for all the input everyone I guess the sid really is the vamo killer. Now I have to see it I can deal with the menu of the SVD or will the SID's menu win. And where should I order the SID or the SVD I was thinking fastech they seem to have the best pricing.

10. Relaxed5311

Relaxed5311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They also have slow shipping times, you need to weigh that in your decision, I placed an order with FastTech on 10-18 and I am not expecting it to my door till 11-18. Sometimes if you want it something faster you have to pay a little bit more, normally you can find things about $10 more than FastTech price unless it is a replica (clone).

11. Relaxed5311

Relaxed5311 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Done searching but here is the SVD kit with 2 Iclear 30's and 3 replacement heads for $75 or here for the same price

Not sure which vendor would be better, elementvape or litecigusa but some searching could tell you that.

For just the mod only they have it here for $55
    I have ordered from this vendor and they ship fast.

If you do not need tanks save the 20$ put that in for your charger (amazon) Nightcore I4, then pick up some batteries (rtdvapor) and your set.

12. djsvapour

djsvapour Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I disagree. I've owned Vamo (temporary) an eVic (broken) and SID (current). The eVic is best, but I can't afford the loss of another control head.

The menu on the SID compared to the eVic is poor...(not really a fair battle, that one...) It might look better than SVD or Vamo, but it's a menu..

I have a Vamo V5 in my basket at the moment at Fasttech. I am thinking of getting it to replace the SID. (Vamo does 18350 too)

Confused? yes, I am. :)

13. DKP#

DKP# Super Member ECF Veteran

I ordered the SVD, nitecore i2 charger with car adapter and battery case from fasttech - $37+$16+$2
    Batteries from orbtronic - $22 (NCR18650PD)
    Total - $77
    Iclear 30's fasttech - $8.50

14. pizza2me

pizza2me Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Also keep in mind if size matters to you. My wife has a vamo and it's BIG. She likes it. But, now I got her a SVD, it's smaller, seems more solidly built, and she likes it better.

One other point, and the reason I got her the SVD, is that you can lock in the voltage or wattage setting so you don't inadvertently change it. I don't think you can do this on the others you are lookiing at.

15. UnclePsyko

Big one here... I was looking at the Vamo, but my nephew got one and the settings change EVERY TIME YOU HIT A BUTTON!!! That gets frigin' annoying quick, so I opted for a pair of Innokin MVP's instead for the wife and I.
    Besides, I kinda like the look of the box style.

16. rangie

rangie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have all three but I would get the v5 vamo if your going for a vamo it has a removable top ring and better screen and electrics to the v2 its on fasttech cheap for just the tube

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1509700 vamo v5.jpg

17. asf146

asf146 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

cant go wrong with a vamo!

18. rangie

rangie Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

the sid does come with 18350 / 18500 / 18650 or at least mine does and the screen is clear as a bell resize sid.jpg

19. pizza2me

pizza2me Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The SVD is telescopic for all 3 battery sizes. No need for separate tubes.

(Na nana na na!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!) :)

From what I've read, all that you are considering are good devices. Heard a lot of good about the MVP too! It just depends on what style and size you like. And maybe price. We have provaris too, but my wife uses the SVD more now because of the locking.

20. loislolalane

loislolalane Senior Member ECF Veteran

You can buy a SiD at the MadVapes website. They also sell the replaceable control heads and different sized battery tubes there.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.