vamo v3 ,5 ,sid or svd for starter mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I own a SiD and I love it. I made the choice to get a SiD after reading the forums and watching the PBusardo review/comparison between it and a Z-Max. I chose it because of the clarity of the menu and the fact that it didn't perform any different from any of its competitors, such as the Z-Max and the Vamo. I think they are pretty much all the same, but you have to decide which is aesthetically better for you and which have the appropriate ranges for you as far as wattage and voltage. An added point for the SiD is the ability to switch out just the control head for cheap, if your mechanics stop working. Good luck making your choice! Watch a lot of YouTube videos. It helps.

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
I would suggest the SVD. I've owned all but the Vamo V5, and the build quality on the SVD is superior. It's also the only one I haven't had problems with.

For batteries and charger - get a Nitecore Intellicharger, either the i2 or i4. The main difference between the two is that the i2 has 2 charging banks, the i4 has 4. The i4 is usually available for around $20. batteries, you can't go wrong with AW IMRs, eFest, Panisonic, or Samsung. Some folks also use Sonys. An SVD will take anywhere from an 18350 to an 18650. Those batteries will run you anywhere from $4 each to $15 each, depending on the size you choose and the brand you choose. I personally only run AW IMRs now, and they're fairly pricey as far as batteries go.

Vape on!

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
I would suggest the SVD. I've owned all but the Vamo V5, and the build quality on the SVD is superior. It's also the only one I haven't had problems with.

For batteries and charger - get a Nitecore Intellicharger, either the i2 or i4. The main difference between the two is that the i2 has 2 charging banks, the i4 has 4. The i4 is usually available for around $20. Batteries, you can't go wrong with AW IMRs, eFest, Panisonic, or Samsung. Some folks also use Sonys. An SVD will take anywhere from an 18350 to an 18650. Those batteries will run you anywhere from $4 each to $15 each, depending on the size you choose and the brand you choose. I personally only run AW IMRs now, and they're fairly pricey as far as batteries go.

Vape on!

Best advice here^^^. DO NOT go cheap on the batteries and charger! Buy quality batteries from a reputable vendor only and pay the few extra dollars. There are some vendors/dealers on ebay that are selling rebranded knock-off's that are not the battery you think your getting. They can fail... and when they do, people get hurt and property gets damaged! Shop Wisely!

Last edited:

KrisAinTX

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Central Texas
Best advice here^^^. DO NOT go cheap on the batteries and charger! Buy quality batteries from a reputable vendor only and pay the few extra dollars. There are some vendors/dealers on ebay that are selling rebranded knock-off's that are not the battery you think your getting. They can fail... and when they do, people get hurt and property gets damaged! Shop Wisely!

I would also add advice I've seen from many people here - don't buy batteries or chargers with FIRE in the name. Just as a rule of thumb. :)

Last edited:

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
thanks for all the input everyone I guess the sid really is the vamo killer. Now I have to see it I can deal with the menu of the SVD or will the SID's menu win. And where should I order the SID or the SVD I was thinking fastech they seem to have the best pricing.
They also have slow shipping times, you need to weigh that in your decision, I placed an order with FastTech on 10-18 and I am not expecting it to my door till 11-18. Sometimes if you want it something faster you have to pay a little bit more, normally you can find things about $10 more than FastTech price unless it is a replica (clone).

Relaxed5311

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2013
Des Moines, IA, USA
Done searching but here is the SVD kit with 2 Iclear 30's and 3 replacement heads for $75 or here for the same price

Not sure which vendor would be better, elementvape or litecigusa but some searching could tell you that.

For just the mod only they have it here for $55
I have ordered from this vendor and they ship fast.

If you do not need tanks save the 20$ put that in for your charger (amazon) Nightcore I4, then pick up some batteries (rtdvapor) and your set.

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
thanks for all the input everyone I guess the sid really is the vamo killer. Now I have to see it I can deal with the menu of the SVD or will the SID's menu win. And where should I order the SID or the SVD I was thinking fastech they seem to have the best pricing.

I disagree. I've owned Vamo (temporary) an eVic (broken) and SID (current). The eVic is best, but I can't afford the loss of another control head.

The menu on the SID compared to the eVic is poor...(not really a fair battle, that one...) It might look better than SVD or Vamo, but it's a menu..

I have a Vamo V5 in my basket at the moment at Fasttech. I am thinking of getting it to replace the SID. (Vamo does 18350 too)

Confused? yes, I am. :)

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Also keep in mind if size matters to you. My wife has a vamo and it's BIG. She likes it. But, now I got her a SVD, it's smaller, seems more solidly built, and she likes it better.

One other point, and the reason I got her the SVD, is that you can lock in the voltage or wattage setting so you don't inadvertently change it. I don't think you can do this on the others you are lookiing at.

UnclePsyko

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2013
PJNY
Also keep in mind if size matters to you. My wife has a vamo and it's BIG. She likes it. But, now I got her a SVD, it's smaller, seems more solidly built, and she likes it better.

One other point, and the reason I got her the SVD, is that you can lock in the voltage or wattage setting so you don't inadvertently change it. I don't think you can do this on the others you are lookiing at.

Big one here... I was looking at the Vamo, but my nephew got one and the settings change EVERY TIME YOU HIT A BUTTON!!! That gets frigin' annoying quick, so I opted for a pair of Innokin MVP's instead for the wife and I.
Besides, I kinda like the look of the box style.

Last edited:

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
I have all three but I would get the v5 vamo if your going for a vamo it has a removable top ring and better screen and electrics to the v2 its on fasttech cheap for just the tube

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1509700 vamo v5.jpg

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
The SVD is telescopic for all 3 battery sizes. No need for separate tubes.

(Na nana na na!!!!! JUST KIDDING!!) :)

From what I've read, all that you are considering are good devices. Heard a lot of good about the MVP too! It just depends on what style and size you like. And maybe price. We have provaris too, but my wife uses the SVD more now because of the locking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread