Vandy Vape Kylin RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2017
Ive got a V2 SS, the one with the light blue box and the fill port under the top cap - Doesnt leak if im not using it, had it on my stand for 2 days full of juice and all holes wide open and not a single drop - the moment i start using the damned thing i get a little puddle between the mod and atty - not in the 510 but around the base - this is so annoying.
My base has Kylin v1.1 stamped next to it.
Hmmm[emoji47] thot the V2 in ss didn't have a fill port underneath it's top cap??....checked up on fastech and saw that only the coloured ones came with that metal port underneath the top cap......this is all so confusing...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Herrick

Viluxia

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2013
South Yorkshire, UK
Hmmm[emoji47] thot the V2 in ss didn't have a fill port underneath it's top cap??....checked up on fastech and saw that only the coloured ones came with that metal port underneath the top cap......this is all so confusing...

Mine does, as i say my base is stamped V1.1 next to Kylin, has the top fill port which the top cap fits over the top of it, cool design without adding extra height like the Ammit. - Must say my dual coil ammit also leaks from the same place as this Kylin, i just cant work out if its normal behaviour for it to be doing it to be honest.

Reactions: hittman

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
Is it seeping/leaking on the V2 as well??

I read on page 8 of this thread about a colored one seeping from the base. @Heartsdelight saw it on a Facebook page I think.

I've had problems with three bottom air-flow RTAs including the Kylin. Perhaps these types of tanks just aren't for Herrick.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I read on page 8 of this thread about a colored one seeping from the base. @Heartsdelight saw it on a Facebook page I think.

I've had problems with three bottom air-flow RTAs including the Kylin. Perhaps these types of tanks just aren't for Herrick.
It was the blue one, I think it was 2 people.

Vapemonster

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2016
Toronto
Mine was also leaking from the base I figured out that in order for it to not leak you have to be very neat with the wicks. Every part of the cotton must stay off the deck and run from the coils directly into the wells.
The problem I am having is no flavor. I'm am new at builds but have tried a few builds and I'm getting either no flavor or slightly just a bit flavor. Can you please tell me what is a good build for this tank?

I have used so far... 24g Kanthal spaced 3mm 8 wraps dual at .32

28g twisted Kanthal 3mm 6 wraps at .4

3mm Kanthal Clapton's at .15

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I've never had an rta with a post less deck. I had a bit of a hard time placing the coils.
TIP: build your coils and install then in, say, a velocity deck. Without tightening the screws, clip the leads where you normally would. Now, install the pre-clipped coils into the postless deck.

I really liked the original Wotofo Conqueror... there was a line on the drip tip that indicated the correct depth...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

frosc

Jan 23, 2017
The seepage is driving me crazy. Shelved the Kylin for now, back to my Engine Nano.

Mine was also leaking from the base I figured out that in order for it to not leak you have to be very neat with the wicks. Every part of the cotton must stay off the deck and run from the coils directly into the wells.
The problem I am having is no flavor. I'm am new at builds but have tried a few builds and I'm getting either no flavor or slightly just a bit flavor. Can you please tell me what is a good build for this tank?

I have used so far... 24g Kanthal spaced 3mm 8 wraps dual at .32

28g twisted Kanthal 3mm 6 wraps at .4

3mm Kanthal Clapton's at .15
can you post a pic of your build?
my build on the Kylin is dual contact 26ga Ni80 and i'm getting good flavor from it.place your coils low (but not too low), and make sure the side airflows hits through the side/bottom of your coils.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I switched to the 6ml setup yesterday afternoon and filled it up. I have gone through half a tank, pulled the tank off my mod and there was a ring of liquid underneath where the base is pressed together. I'll finish the tank and then box it until I can get a new base from them.

Tekaluku

ECF Veteran
    Feb 1, 2017
    I switched to the 6ml setup yesterday afternoon and filled it up. I have gone through half a tank, pulled the tank off my mod and there was a ring of liquid underneath where the base is pressed together. I'll finish the tank and then box it until I can get a new base from them.
    Which version of the tank is this???

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread