Vanilla ice cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
I don't have a recipe but if I was gonna try to make a vanilla milkshake... :cool:

Based on my flavor stash:

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream CAP 6%
Vanilla Swirl TFA 3%
Fresh Cream FA 2.5%
French Vanilla CAP 2%
Malted Milk TFA 1.5%
Sweetener (Sucralose) TFA 1%
Koolada TFA 1%

If nothing else, might give ya some inspiration... :D

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I don't have a recipe but if I was gonna try to make a vanilla milkshake... :cool:

Vanilla Swirl TFA 3%
Fresh Cream FA 2.5%
French Vanilla CAP 2%
Malted Milk TFA 1.5%
Koolada TFA 1%

We have similar stashes. I have all those flavors!

Reactions: dobroeutro

corn flakes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2014
Brant County Canada

Vanilla Swirl TFA 3%
Fresh Cream FA 2.5%
French Vanilla CAP 2%
Malted Milk TFA 1.5%
Koolada TFA 1%

Looks good. Any suggestions on a replacement for the malted milk.

Reactions: ChelsB

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Third or fifth result down is a post in the tfa thread that lists Bill's milkshake bases. Highly regarded.

I'd forgotten that I had that one marked in my file of Bill's recipes, as 1 to try. Just made a 50mL bottle of it without the Koolada. Then took 5mL of that and added 1 drop of Koolada to it to see the difference. I like them both! :thumbs:

Going to send a 15mL bottle of it, without the Koolada, to my neice who's trying to find a great vanilla flavored eliquid to use as an ADV. Have several others I'm sending to her, too, but I betcha this one will be her favorite!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@ChelsB - That Vanilla Milkshake Base of Bill's that I made, is a great no steep eliquid...like you're asking about in 1 of your other discussions! All I did was make it, shake the heck out of it, and let it sit topless for a few hours...to let the Ethyl Alcohol in the Dulce de Leche evaporate out a little bit. Though I did vape 4mL of it before I did that, too.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
@ChelsB - That Vanilla Milkshake Base of Bill's that I made, is a great no steep eliquid...like you're asking about in 1 of your other discussions! All I did was make it, shake the heck out of it, and let it sit topless for a few hours...to let the Ethyl Alcohol in the Dulce de Leche evaporate out a little bit. Though I did vape 4mL of it before I did that, too.

Thanks, JC, good to know! I am always in search of good no steep recipes!

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Base

VBIC(TFA) 6%
Marshmellow(TFA) 2%

I like this base and it is good on its own but I primarily use
it with fruits. Lately I have been adding the following fruit
accompaniment for a recipe I have dubbed "Berry Berry Good":

Forest Fruit(FA) 4%
Raspberry(TFA) 1%
Strawberry(FW) .5%

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Base

VBIC(TFA) 6%
Marshmellow(TFA) 2%

I like this base and it is good on its own but I primarily use
it with fruits. Lately I have been adding the following fruit
accompaniment for a recipe I have dubbed "Berry Berry Good":

Forest Fruit(FA) 4%
Raspberry(TFA) 1%
Strawberry(FW) .5%
I'll vouch for this one! I'm just finishing up my first 15mL tester of this one and it is a keeper. It is very berry forward; rich dark red berries without the jam/candy sweetness. Thanks for sharing Capt.! :thumbs:

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I'll vouch for this one! I'm just finishing up my first 15mL tester of this one and it is a keeper. It is very berry forward; rich dark red berries without the jam/candy sweetness. Thanks for sharing Capt.! :thumbs:

It's "Berry Berry Good" :D

You just have to keep your thumb on the raspberry. That stuff is strong and will take right over.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Here's the link for Bill Vanilla Milkshake Base, I think. I just made it, too! Though I had to sub the French Vanilla Deluxe, so it may not work as well.
That's actually a great link to share @tazzle! Near the end of Bill's post he includes a link to his process for creating that particular recipe. Anyone who has an interest of "how" to create their own recipes should take the time to read it. It provides great insight to the way one person does it.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
25% flavoring? God almighty...
Yep, Bill's a high flavor mixer (HFM; often 20-30%). You can check out his blog (bottom of the first page) to see his, and many commercial e-liquid lines, reason why. Just like with most things concerning DIY, it's not for everybody, but some folks are quite happy with the results.
Cheers! :toast:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Just like with most things concerning DIY, it's not for everybody, but some folks are quite happy with the results.

I'm one of those people! I do sometimes lower the % of a few flavorings in his recipes, but not many, nor by very much. The HF is one reason most of his recipes are shake and vape. If I do anything to any of them once a recipe is made...it's to let Ethyl Alcohol evaporate off any that contained it, and some that are higher in custards/creams...are usually better with about 2-3 days of just sitting there and being shaken a few times a day. Has worked great for me so far, and for several friends & relatives I make eliquids for. No complaints so far!

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I really like this, though I do need to get the French Vanilla Deluxe. I subbed some Inawera vanilla, but it didn't seem to really take, and I think requires more steeping. I then added a bit of Inawera Vanilla Tahity, which, to me, doesn't really need steeping, at least as an ingredient with other flavors. Nevertheless, I'm really getting the "Milkshake" density and feel from this. With the right vanilla, I bet it's perfect.

The flavor percentage is much higher than anything I usually mix, but it doesn't worry me. If I need to later, I can add some extra base to cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread