• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vape Mail for APO questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
So I'm in Korea, buying local here is difficult and limited at best, so my options are really just online vendors. Most of the places I order from will ship to my APO, but looking around, all the fancy tanks I want are from Europe and typically they don't recognize APO addresses. One of my friends recommended APOBox.com, but I guess i'm slightly timid about sending my mail through an additional party, so I guess the question is has anyone used APOBox, does it work, would you recommend it, or are there any good alternatives?

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
I never used APOBox but did use ShipitAPO once 4 or 5 years ago. They did alright and was cheaper that having it sent to family and having them send it. It does suck having to pay shipping charges twice though. I stopped purchasing from anyplace that won't send to FPO (or wants to charge extra to do it).
There should be no reason for vendors in Europe not to be able to send to APO/FPO if they use regular mail. If they use some other shipping service like DHL then there might be difficulties as those types of shipping services usually use a physical address instead.

nharmsen

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2013
Belleville, Illinois
You can always drop the vendor an email and explain the situation and request that they ship using their local postal service, rather than someone like DHL or FedEx. Most, I'd think, would be more than willing to accommodate.

THIS THIS THIS, usually companies that specailize in these things (or coffee for example) will ship it using their local methods. This usually lets them save money as well since it's usually cheaper to do it this way.

I just ordered from vape Wild and My Vapor Store and they both ship APO (I usually get them in about a week for My Vapor Store) and about 12 days for Vape Wild.

Let me know if you need anything (free shipping APO to APO).

plehem12

Jan 2, 2015
Area 1, Korea
Where in korea are you? I just got here a little under a month ago. I'm in Casey. There seems to be a lot of vapers around here but the CoC doesn't seem to be cool with them like my CoC did in the states. I've talked to many people here already though, including one of my soldiers, who has put in several orders and have not had any issues. I just put in an order with ecblend.com myself so we'll see how it goes.

chav

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2014
Virginia
I'm down in area 4, living the good life. I don't have issues getting mail from US companies (takes about 10 days), but no luck with foreign (European) companies, but I haven't gone the route of harassing customer service yet. For my CoC, my OIC doesn't care if I do it in my office as long as I vape in to the AC so it doesn't get foggy, but my CO, and 1SG haven't really seen me do it indoors, plenty of people ask me about it, but no one has given me trouble. When I'm not in my office, I do have to take myself to a smoke pit tho

av8tor

Mar 21, 2010
Back in the States
I spent 5 years overseas APO AE in Iraq and Afganastan, most, if not all companies will ship to APO. If their website does not allow the use of APO AE or AP as the state you can leave a comment and give them the direct address to ship to and they will. I had to do this with Totally wicked my first order. A couple of other companies I had to call them but they were friendly and responsive and shipped to my address, some waiving the shipping fee. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread