Vaping and Exercise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjim

Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
United Kingdom
Well until studies come out, its all anecdotal and we can't really draw conclusions from individuals experiences. There's just too many confounding factors.

That being said, I suspect vaping is not altogether great for the respiratory system, although its really likely to be better than smoking. There is that small study from chest, of course there are flaws in it, its been discussed to death I believe. I do think it may point to some kind of respiratory issues with vaping, but who knows yet.

As has been said, just being untrained makes challenging cardio work, like running, really hard. Your going to get out of breath and struggle with it at first, whether smoker, vaper, or totally abstinent.

In my experience, my morning cough has gone, I feel better, though I don't feel my lung capacity has increased at all. The main thing that seems to effect my ability to do exercise, is how much/well I train. Ideally give it all up completely, although since I doubt vaping is as bad as smoking, if you can't or don't want to give up, vape on!

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Like others have said, even a non-smoker would be out of breath easily if they suddenly tried to go for a run if they're out of shape and haven't done so in a year. Also, VG tends to coat your throat and lungs a bit. I have a VG sensitivity and especially if I use a liquid that is 100%VG I would feel like I had a cold. My lungs would be filled with gunk which I would be constantly coughing up, my throat also would feel "coated" and even sore. I can't use anything higher than 80/20 or 70/30 MAX without getting these side effects.

Cut down your VG levels if you use a lot of VG. Even just 80/20 PG/VG is more satisfying than you would expect, just that 20%VG makes a HUGE difference between 100%PG. You don't NEED 50/50+ to get that satisfying "VG vapor", it can be done with 80/20 or 70/30. If you use a lot of VG, try out less and you'll be surprised at how satisfying of a vape you can have. Also, some are sensitive to PG, just experiment with your juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread