Vaping and Sinusitis

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4C0

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Panama
Hello,

I have been vaping for about 2 or 3 months and since yesterday I'm having sinus headache, not sure if it is related to vaping, so far I have only vaped PG (dark chocolate for JC and Menthol from TW).

The thing is that I (almost) always exhale the vapor through my nose, has anyone experienced something like this?

From what I have read, vaping should relieve sinus right?? ... right? but PG or VG? does it matters? should I exhale thru my mouth instead of my nose? :confused:

comments? help!

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
I used to have chronic sinusitis...but no longer with vaping.

Ditto here!!

I use to get it regularly twice a year....fall and spring. Would be lucky if it wasn't soon followed by bronchittis.

Since I started vaping over 7 months ago, I've avoid that whole nasty business...so far....touch wood :)

angjen0816

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Menasha, WI
I have had chronic sinus problems for YEARS. I asked my doctor why I am still having problems, even though I'm not smoking. She said its not uncommon to still have sinus issues for a period of time after quitting. Your body is going to be healing for a long time. Call your md and see if they want to give you an antibotic to clear up the blockage.

gibsonrocker

Nov 15, 2009
Meriden, CT
I would recommend exhaling through your mouth if possible. I know habits are tough to break, but once I started vaping and stopped smoking analogs, my sinuses cleared up within a few days. I'm sure VG/PG is a slight irritant, but i highly doubt it's even close to as irritating for sinues as tobacco cigs. It's probably just a coincidence that you're having a sinus headache and associating it with e-cigs. You may be coming down with a sinus infection which I can only imagine will clear up much sooner (ie. one week) as opposed if you were smoking analogs (2 weeks to a month).

Hope that helps.

~Gibs

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
I've also had chronic sinus problems, specifically eustaction tube dysfunction and nasal drip which have remained after quitting cigarettes, however it might be that the body needs more time to repair the cilia of the upper respiratory tract after decades of smoking. Two months is nothing. I'd be worried in about a year if it doesn't start improving, but then again I might have nuked my cilia, so only time will tell. I suspect I should be vaping VG as opposed to PG. I dunno.

My snotbox is loving me since I was allergic to cig smoke.

No sinus headaches, allergy meds, nose drops etc, and the best part no sharp tar laden boogers.

Minus a slight touch of the flu a week ago, no colds no congestion unless I chain vape higher than normal nic and chain vape.

Now IF I could get my ears to stop draining in the middle of the night and waking me up I would be in the best health in the last 20 years.

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
No colds, knock on wood, since I started vaping. This is the time of year when I usually get one. Also, no allergy symptoms for the last month or so, but that's due to something else. After much skepticism, I finally got a neti pot and started flushing out my sinuses once per day. It's not exactly a natural act, but it's easy. I followed this with the harder-to-learn, perhaps more advanced technique of draining the flush back into my mouth. This is supposed to clear a different, deeper area toward the back. Since this takes a sniffing motion, it's a little harder to get used to. I still haven't got a good stream going that way, either.

Anyway, I found another benefit of using the neti bowl- it keeps my sinuses moister and I don't have to consume so much water every day to compensate for vaping.

Vaporista

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Cape Town, South Africa
No colds, knock on wood, since I started vaping. This is the time of year when I usually get one. Also, no allergy symptoms for the last month or so, but that's due to something else. After much skepticism, I finally got a neti pot and started flushing out my sinuses once per day. It's not exactly a natural act, but it's easy. I followed this with the harder-to-learn, perhaps more advanced technique of draining the flush back into my mouth. This is supposed to clear a different, deeper area toward the back. Since this takes a sniffing motion, it's a little harder to get used to. I still haven't got a good stream going that way, either.

Anyway, I found another benefit of using the neti bowl- it keeps my sinuses moister and I don't have to consume so much water every day to compensate for vaping.

If you can't stand the neti pot you can buy pressurised salt water sprays and just bomb the passages, Draining the flush back to the mouth depends on the ability to flex the tensor veli palatini muscle. People who have used C-Pap machines for any serious length of time will have little control over this muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread