Vaping in office? Nicotine alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Hi all. I'm starting a new job next week and fear that vaping at work will be pushing the limits. Just wondering what your take is on this (aside from just simply doing it). Are there any nicotine alternatives that are safe to use assuming you'll be vaping later in the day? Cheers.

You could use snus.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
Thanks @7sixtwo. That stuff is gross but I'll happily use anything that gets me through the day. And that won't lead to a nicotine overdose once I fire up my ecig afterwards?

Only you know what amount of nicotine it will take for you to get "nic sick", but so long as you're not drinking your e-liquid, you'll be fine. ;)

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Like Nicorette? Same for lozenges? Safe regarding "overdoses"? Remember seeing warnings about smoking while using them back in the day when I was trying to quit smoking. Maybe that was just the patches.
You are right....it was the patches. I never could keep them lit...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Like Nicorette? Same for lozenges? Safe regarding "overdoses"? Remember seeing warnings about smoking while using them back in the day when I was trying to quit smoking. Maybe that was just the patches.

Every body reacts in accordance with its make up.
That said, at the time I decided to give up on the Patch, I was using the strongest step and back up to over 1/2 PAD :facepalm:

The Gums and Lozenges are Low Dose(very for a Vaper)

THANKFULLY, Vaping Came Along years later.:thumb:

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I tried them a while ago. Found they are best for chewing while smoking. But if nothing else, they may help in an office. Good thing about vaping - you can train yourself for much longer periods without nicotine. Now I can go for hours without vaping.

SpyderBite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2011
Sedona, AZ
I found that after I had been vaping for about a year I was able to go longer periods of time without any hint of nicotine craving. So at work I would puff until I clocked in, at lunch and in the bathroom during my breaks. I was using high levels of nic at that time though.. 24 mg.

Now I'm in my own office and don't give a crap if somebody doesn't like that I'm vaping. ;)

Reactions: 7sixtwo

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I always wondered what I would do once I Retired.

I Vape :D

oh, and I Vote :thumbs:

Yup, I just checked with my boss in the bathroom mirror and he said that vaping at my desk is mandatory ... :thumbs:

All that time I spent perfecting my stealth vaping technique was not wasted however, I still leave the house occasionally ... :D

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Use gum. If that doesn't work, then suck on a bottle of juice. But don't suck too much or you'll get the nic hiccups and appear drunk. Especially if you are giving a presentation. Nothing ruins a presentation like appearing drunk. Except maybe soiling yourself, which if it's 36mg juice is a possibility. If that happens, you'll just be that "guy who used to work here who crapped himself." You just know someone will YouTube that and then every interview you go to, you'll have to relive it when the hiring manager replays it and asks "So....what's going on there? Do you still have problems with incontinence? We have fresh carpet and the windows don't open this high up so no one will want to be trapped in the office with you if your sphincter opens up and carpet bombs us like a B52 Stratofortress over ISIS troops."

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
...We have fresh carpet and the windows don't open this high up so no one will want to be trapped in the office with you if your sphincter opens up and carpet bombs us like a B52 Stratofortress over ISIS troops."

Heh, if only we were using B52 BUFF's on ISIS, they'd be effectively wiped out in less than an hour. The Charlatan in Chief would never allow war-winning tactics like those, though. Nah, better to endlessly put our brave men and women in harm's way with both hands tied behind their backs. :glare:

Anyway, my first suggestion is still the best. Snus is more satisfying than the gum. Patches suck. They irritate the skin and you can't control the speed of nicotine delivery.

Reactions: HauntedMyst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread