Highly Esteemed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 15, 2013
    KY
    GAWD, I love this forum.

And I SO needed this tonight.

View attachment 680583
    Good, DP, I am glad my offer of bail money [and a little foolishness] helped - ahhh where is my fee to get the bail process started, my check is, of course, in the mail.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Good, DP, I am glad my offer of bail money [and a little foolishness] helped - ahhh where is my fee to get the bail process started, my check is, of course, in the mail.

I WOULDN'T LEAVE YOU HANGING, CMD!!!

;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Since I've been tagged here (thanks, Bestie), I'll do a rapid drive by and ask you, @AkiN111, what do you think at this point? Have your questions been sufficiently answered?

I took your OP as you being serious, and questioning why one, believing vaping to cause harm, would continue to vape (rather than smoke).

As others have said, it's certainly your choice as to what you decide to do, but my sense is that you really DO wish to continue vaping, and you also want your fears allayed. I hope the info presented here has exactly that result. :)

Good times dear Vapers!

I have read and seen with my own eyes that VG and PG leaves some thin layer on the glass from vapor. So i assume that same is happening with our lungs? Also, it is said that PG and VG become carcinogens at >250*C... so even if I will vape below 200*C - i am going to fill my lungs with layers of VG/PG, why is it stated that vaping is safe?

Thank you. I really liked vaping and it is hard for me to refuse from vaping, but I worry for my health even more

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    Is vaping harmful? YES! But compared to what? 10's of millions of people around the world are vaping. Please find one single report from anywhere, ever, by a doctor who says he's treating an illness caused by using an e-ciig. I'm looking for that. No luck so far.

So use an ecig to help you quit smoking. Then quit vaping. The worst that can happen is you go back to smoking.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Newport News, Virginia, United States
    On a similar note, I'll likely vape until the day I die, from whatever may be that cause.

Life's short. Embrace the pleasures.
    As do I, hell I have a gallon of 1000mg nic in the freezer.

I accept the risk gladly.

But, I also think we need to be honest with ourselves, not wear rose colored glasses, and be realistic about the risks. How many more CE4s are sitting out there?.

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    As do I, hell I have a gallon of 1000mg nic in the freezer.

I accept the risk gladly.

But, I also think we need to be honest with ourselves, not wear rose colored glasses, and be realistic about the risks. How many more CE4s are sitting out there?.
    Yes be realistic, jogging next to a highway is also worse than smoking a pack a day. Eating processed food is also deadly. Even if you were to live in an uber filtered fully sterile bubble you still have a terminal disease, it's called ageing.

Yes we have to be realistic

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Yes be realistic, jogging next to a highway is also worse than smoking a pack a day. Eating processed food is also deadly. Even if you were to live in an uber filtered fully sterile bubble you still have a terminal disease, it's called ageing.

Yes we have to be realistic
    Your reality is obviously different than mine.

Cheers, :toast:

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2013
    Blue Rapids, KS, US
    Good times dear Vapers!

I have read and seen with my own eyes that VG and PG leaves some thin layer on the glass from vapor. So i assume that same is happening with our lungs? Also, it is said that PG and VG become carcinogens at >250*C... so even if I will vape below 200*C - i am going to fill my lungs with layers of VG/PG, why is it stated that vaping is safe?

Thank you. I really liked vaping and it is hard for me to refuse from vaping, but I worry for my health even more

I understand the issue with going over 250C*, it has been well documented. What those papers don't say about PG and VG in the lungs is that VG is metabolized into the blood stream, so it collecting in the lungs is very light, if at all it may moisten the tissue a bit, PG has been used in asthma rescue inhalers and albuterol breathing treatment for years, and decades now, how many asthma suffers have reported water on the lungs due to PG???? Any??? The simple fact is both PG an VG at most, causes dehydration at the worst being dehumicants, but both are metabolized by the body and expended as waste through natural bodily processes. Honestly IMHO opinion, you are being a bit to sheeple believing every shred of info you hear or read without investigating and finding peer reviews or counter tests and papers, sheeple = believe everything the news, media, and politicians tell them without investigating their own sources.

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Reactions: SteveS45

r055co

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 24, 2015
    Seattle
    Yeah, so? Like I said, I have no intentions of quitting vaping...... ever!
    To be honest I'm more than a bit sceptical about you 1000mg 'cause to use nic at that level you need a lab environment with hazmat suits to handle it. That alone the restriction on 1000mg sales, shipping, etc.

You have a photo to squelch my doubts and scepticism?

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    To be honest I'm more than a bit sceptical about you 1000mg 'cause to use nic at that level you need a lab environment with hazmat suits to handle it. That alone the restriction on 1000mg sales, shipping, etc.

Yep, I will PM it as that deep of a discussion of the topic isnt allowed in open forums here. And there are no restrictions on buying it.

Last edited:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 22, 2013

PM with proof sent, I could also send titration results but I didnt feel like digging them up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread