Status
Not open for further replies.

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
Mamu, what have you done to all our modders? You have unblocked their ability to see beyond into VV. We thank you for the unblocking.

It think it's absolutely awesome!! This pre-made circuit makes modding a dream.

I LUV vaping with vv regulated mods. Total vaping heaven for sure.

Right now I'm working on what I call Mamu's Monster mod. :laugh: It doesn't have this circuit, but it has everything else - including the kitchen sink. :laugh: LOL I joke.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
It think it's absolutely awesome!! This pre-made circuit makes modding a dream.

I LUV vaping with vv regulated mods. Total vaping heaven for sure.

Right now I'm working on what I call Mamu's Monster Mod. :laugh: It doesn't have this circuit, but it has everything else - including the kitchen sink. :laugh: LOL I joke.
It sure does. I would have never attempted it without your find.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
i did attempt it - epic fail ...

What happened?
oops.gif

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
electronics is not my forte. nothing bad happened, it just didn't work. at all.
mamu's find has reopened the modding doors for me (and presumably others).

the minds here are fantastic!

I am not the greatest electronic mind out there. I believe the culprit to be:
  • A: a faulty board from vendor which I believe he has a replacement policy for DOA (don't quote me)
  • B: a faulty switch, which can also go kaput with soldering at times; and
  • C: an open circuit somewhere.

opuscroakus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
San Angelo, Tx
added something to the pot so i dont have to open the box or use dang screwdriver.

Not to be a downer here, but don't you have to take the cover off to change the batteries? So now, when changing batteries, you also have to disassemble the piece you placed on the pot. Seems like an unnecessary attachment.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
Not to be a downer here, but don't you have to take the cover off to change the batteries? So now, when changing batteries, you also have to disassemble the piece you placed on the pot. Seems like an unnecessary attachment.
not if i have the lil pot knob protruding the box. got it? :)
you change batts once or twice daily how many times do you adjust the voltage?

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
Here's a pic of how I wired it. It is the easiest vv mod I've built so far.

lm2596.jpg

I'd like to add a voltage read meter to this mod. The only way I can see to install it so it only displays the volt reading on demand is to install a separate switch. Can I get away with using one of the small .5mah switches for that or will it burn that sucker up?

Thanks for any suggestions and help

mamu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2009
IN USA
the way i did mine on my varbox i didnt solder the ground wire i hooked it up on an 18 gauge needle and i stick it in and out. i had some shrink tubing to insulate it... i can take some pics if it helps...

I would like to see pics of that D. Right now I have a mod with a voltage reader that comes on with each press of the atty switch. I'm wondering how durable these voltage readers are to be used as frequently as that.

misterD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2009
worster - crappychusetts
I would like to see pics of that D. Right now I have a mod with a voltage reader that comes on with each press of the atty switch. I'm wondering how durable these voltage readers are to be used as frequently as that.
my is still working and i dont bother unpluggin it cos i found a digital camera case for it at the dollar store that fits perfectly. how long has it been since i made varBox? 2 months? sorry for the crappy pics but i just got home from work and im a bit sleepy...

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... The only way I can see to install it so it only displays the volt reading on demand is to install a separate switch. Can I get away with using one of the small .5mah switches for that or will it burn that sucker up?

Thanks for any suggestions and help
A .5mA (no 'h') switch is good for nothing. I doubt they even make such a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread