Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Most places have a discount on your first purchase. I've used Dicount Vapers and been very happy with them so haven't shopped around. However, I was so intent on getting that first order in, I missed the discount code, lol. There are also coupons on this site I think too. Now that I'm looking for them I can't find them. :oops: 20%-30% off a kit is worth it though. Good luck in your quest!

MAYSURE BOW WOW

Moved On
Sep 20, 2013
i just came across a website that showed me how to get a disposable ecig for just $2.07 shipping. my problem is when it runs out where should i look for a quality starter kit for a reasonable price i.e. under $60 as i'm disabled and on SSI, so very low income.

Please go to discountvapers.com, they are the cheapest in the USA, that I have found to date!!...you take care now:)

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
24 or 32mg juice; regarding kits, you'll probably want to get at least two batteries; if you're getting an ego-style setup (like what I linked to), the battery is already its own holder, and includes the connector to the tank/atomizer.

Totally ideal would be if you could locate a nearby brick&mortar vendor and sample the juices they sell; I believe you mentioned disability, so this may not be practical. I'd note that there are several new-to-vaping pitfalls most fall into; getting cig-a-likes (thinking they should be using something that -looks- like a cigarette), and starting with tobacco-flavors (because they think that's what they like about smoking) - those are the two most common, I think.

Barring the brick & mortar, searching fasttech - or whoever - for 'ego batteries' will get you a battery that will interchangeably work with pretty much anything you can throw on top of it. Get two of those, and a 'clearomizer', or 'bcc tank'. A usb or wall charging cable for 'em as well. That's the basic setup to be able to somewhat continuously vape.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Amazon does - but the prices aren't great.

I believe Amazon is trying to cull out everything related to e-cig, but if you search for a specific item, you often find what you are looking for. I recently searched for Vision Spinner. There was one (used) at $65.00, or thereabouts. That was a decidedly ungreat price. It was a battery fer crying out loud. A used battery.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
that's cool as hell, and even looks sweet. how log do the clearomizers last and do they sell replacements?

Depends on use, but a month or a bit more. And yes, they do, generally in the 2-5$ range or so. Though, there's other alternatives - rba's, etc, more advanced things, that will last longer, but can be fiddly to deal with at first. The clearomizer is a plug & play, albeit semi-disposable, device.

24 or 32mg juice; regarding kits, you'll probably want to get at least two batteries; if you're getting an ego-style setup (like what I linked to), the battery is already its own holder, and includes the connector to the tank/atomizer.

Totally ideal would be if you could locate a nearby brick&mortar vendor and sample the juices they sell; I believe you mentioned disability, so this may not be practical. I'd note that there are several new-to-vaping pitfalls most fall into; getting cig-a-likes (thinking they should be using something that -looks- like a cigarette), and starting with tobacco-flavors (because they think that's what they like about smoking) - those are the two most common, I think.

Barring the brick & mortar, searching fasttech - or whoever - for 'ego batteries' will get you a battery that will interchangeably work with pretty much anything you can throw on top of it. Get two of those, and a 'clearomizer', or 'bcc tank'. A usb or wall charging cable for 'em as well. That's the basic setup to be able to somewhat continuously vape.

thanks i liked the one you linked too, but i've been checking out the site and i just can't seem to navigate right. i can't find kits just a bunch of different parts that make no sense to me at all. also haven't seen any ecigs stores just disposables in the local convenience and drug stores.

Depends on use, but a month or a bit more. And yes, they do, generally in the 2-5$ range or so. Though, there's other alternatives - rba's, etc, more advanced things, that will last longer, but can be fiddly to deal with at first. The clearomizer is a plug & play, albeit semi-disposable, device.

sound like for about the price of a carton of smoke ( maybe a little bit more) i can get set up pretty quick and easy. then i just have to sample juices to see what i like.

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
$8.68 650mAh Rechargeable Battery for Ego Electronic Cigarette (2-Pack) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2-pack of ego batteries
$3.99 BCC Flat Mouth Clearomizer (3.5mL) - green / 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
a bcc clearomizer
$4.59 Coil Heads for BCC / Mini BCC Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
replacement coils for the clearomizer - figure about a month out of each
$2.38 USB Charger for EGO Electronic Cigarette - cable length 25cm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
usb charger for the batteries

That all comes out to a bit more than 10$, probably closer to but not over 20$? But you get two batteries, a better clearomizer than the one in the kit, and spare heads. Note that the charger isn't a wall-wart, but requires a usb port to recharge the batteries.

$8.68 650mAh Rechargeable Battery for Ego Electronic Cigarette (2-Pack) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
2-pack of ego batteries
$3.99 BCC Flat Mouth Clearomizer (3.5mL) - green / 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
a bcc clearomizer
$4.59 Coil Heads for BCC / Mini BCC Clearomizer (5-Pack) 5-pack - 2.4ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$2.38 USB Charger for EGO Electronic Cigarette - cable length 25cm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

That all comes out to a bit more than 10$, probably closer to but not over 20$? But you get two batteries, a better clearomizer than the one in the kit, and spare heads. Note that the charger isn't a wall-wart, but requires a usb port to recharge the batteries.

thanks that's a huge help. i may even be able to afford it before i make my move from MA to iowa

2-pack of ego batteries
a bcc clearomizer

made some minor changes like bigger battery and 2 5 packs and it comes out to about $26 not too bad at all

shoggot

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
United States
If you can afford it, try more than just two flavours to start off with, and work the field - get some savory, get some sweet, not just fruit.

Also, check the manufacturer - some citrus flavours (orange dream?) can crack plastic tanks (such as on the clearomizers). If you can order via phone, you can ask 'em.

If those flavours are from Mt. Baker Vapor, they have a list, linked on every juice page, of flavours they sell that are known to crack plastic tanks. Check that your flavours aren't on the list. (Generally speaking - it's citrus and cinnamon flavours which do this, but mileage may vary).

Valkyrie_Freya

Aug 22, 2013
Santee, CA, USA
LJ's E-Smokes has great price on ego kits. Go for the 1100 mAh kit = 49 bucks.
You get two e-cigs and 2 CE4 clearomizers. But, don't worry you can use any tank that has a 510 connection on the EGO kit (ie: the EVOD, Kanger ProTanks with/without a beauty ring). The original Pro Tank usually comes with a beauty ring that will enhance the look of the tank and ego device=15 bucks. I would check out Sweet Vapes they have great price on replacement heads, Kanger ProTanks and EVODS which can use the same coil heads as the ProTanks. They have coil heads five for 6 bucks and the EVODS are only 5 bucks each. I too am on a limited income.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
i think i wanna try vanilla,orange dream, and a peach to start off with.

A number of vendors offer "Sampler Packs" that will allow you to pick your favorite flavor(s)....usually 5ml bottles - enough to fill a tank or 2...
You hit the nail on the head when you said "...trial and error...." There are a gazillion flavors out there, just BEGGING you to try 'em!!:D
Good luck with your purchases!! And have a safe move from New England to the Midwest!!

well i got home from my trip and was happy to find the disposable ecig that i got for free except shipping from apolloecigs.com i hot vanilla and it has a wonderful flavor. think i'm gonna try and save to i can get a ecig set up and then try some sample packs from different vendors. but living on SSI and only getting about $400 a month it may take me forever to afford anything at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread