VG at Walmart?

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by canoeist, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. canoeist

canoeist Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Where is it in the store? I just returned and looked all over with no luck. No one seemed to even know what I was asking about either. I thought I had seen where people were buying it there.....?

2. 5vz

5vz Super Member ECF Veteran

Here it is by the first aid stuff, bandaids, cortisone creams, etc... Usually on the bottom somewhere in a small bottle.

3. mgordon1100

mgordon1100 Super Member ECF Veteran

I asked the same question to a friend of mine in Texas. She said it was by the skin care, or where they have the OTC poison ivy medicine. She said it was on the bottom shelf. So, I went to my walmart here in Chicago. I asked for the VG and they told me they didn't have it. So, I asked for the poison ivy medication, and they pointed me to the isle. Right on the bottom shelf was the VG. I can't say that it's the same everywhere, but I would imagine that there is some kind of uniformity within most of the stores.

4. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

It's called Humco Glycerin - go to walmarts site and you can find out what stores stock it. Just go to the product page and click on "find in store"

5. bamsbbq

bamsbbq Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

it looks like the picture.... like has been said at Walmart usually in the first aid part...in riteaid i find it in the the skin care

[​IMG]

6. cskent

cskent Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I found it right above the rubbing alcohol and hydrogen pyroxide in my local Walmart. Mine looks identical to the pic bamsbbq posted above. It was $2.67 for a 6 oz bottle.

7. markfm

markfm PIF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good price, think I pay $5 locally. I tend to get mine at a nearby Rite Aid or CVS, they carry relabeled Humco, Glycerin USP Skin Protectant, 6 ounce squat bottles, right near the bandaids.

Pharmacies won't know it as VG, you should ask for the glycerin skin protectant. Ingredients should only list Glycerin 99.5%.

8. canoeist

Thanks everyone, I will look on my next trip.

9. Str8V8ping

Str8V8ping Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

CVS also has it in the skin care section since thats what its actually used for . CVS is 4.00 for 4oz though

10. oplholik

oplholik Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have been getting the vg at the CVS store. Last time I bought it was $5.99 for 6oz. Walmart's price on their website is 2.99. So far haven't been able to find it in the store, tho I haven't looked by the bandages.

11. 5vz

5vz Super Member ECF Veteran

When you go, look by the bandaides, look by the alcohol and peroxide, look by the cortisone creams, and look by the skin care. These are all different places in each store, and they move stuff around. It is almost always on the very bottom shelf, sometimes beside the witch hazel.

12. stashbldr

stashbldr Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

13. canoeist

Thanks for the link. It would take forever to use a gallon, will it keep that long?

14. markfm

markfm PIF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Couple years is the nominal vg shelf life, per several manufacturers.

Get a couple of others onboard, each for a quart? (i might do that. Vg costs me about $1/ounce locally, I diy a lot. Pick up a gallon, put two of the quarts up on classifieds? Could sell at $16 total per quart delivered, no profit but it would get rid of the extra quarts.)

15. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

This is exactly the same stuff I buy.

16. Cyrus Vap

Cyrus Vap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I had issues locating it at my local Walmart as well, there is just variation in what each store stocks and most people look at you like you're trying to build explosives if you ask for glycerin lol

I think the website has a ship to store option and will be able to locate the stores in your area where its in stock. You can write down the product number before going in to avoid incomprehension as to what glycerin is. Those sales associates aren't the sharpest ;)

17. canoeist

Found it! Exactly like the picture posted. 2.98 for 6 ounces. This will reduce the juice costs even more :) Thanks everyone.

It was in the bandaid area on bottom shelf.

18. Sanity Challenged

Sanity Challenged Full Member ECF Veteran

When I asked a Walmart pharmacy employee where I could find the glycerin, she looked at me like I had a tree growing out of my head. When I reached in my pocket and pulled out a printout of the product page from the Walmart website and asked "Where's this?", she walked me straight to it and pointed it out.

19. ardelleg

ardelleg Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I buy Wilton's at Ben Franklin craft store in the cake decorating section. 2.19 for 2 oz.

Maybe I should buy a gallon and use it for vaping and on my skin...

20. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Those encounters always leave me signing "If Dirt Were Dollars" from about the middle of the song....
    She looked at me, uncomprehendingly.
    Like cows in a passing train.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.