Viva Nova - Your thoughts on this Clearomizer/tank setup. Have you used it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I received my V2 Vivi about a week ago, and it's the first of many I've tried that doesn't leak at all (only one week, so the jury is still deciding:)) vapes good, tastes good, very easy to fill, doesn't flood a carto once a day. Took it for gimmicky when it was first released, pleasantly surprised with this rev, glad I waited.

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
The tank is a throw in cause you can't use the coils without one. I don't see this marketing as a giant step forward in my book. If I were a single voltage kind of guy I'd be rather upset with gotvapes for having anything at all to do with this gimmick. JMHO

Cheers,
otrpu

Different strokes, but... I only have a couple of the version 1 Vivi Novas and even with their several shortcomings I've enjoyed them (at a regulated 3.7 volts). The coils *are* replaceable for around $2.50 each, or (I'm told) rebuildable for much less. I was impressed with the design when I saw them on the Website, and no less so when my order came in. The QC issues presented themselves & of course I hoped they'd be ironed out quickly; can't wait to try a vers. 2 & see how well they've done in such a short time.

I've had zero leaks. My PV fell from my shirt pocket today & landed on the drip tip hard enough to dent the top of the battery inside the PV, causing it to fail to reach its connection point - but it did not damage the Vivi at all. It's taken a few such tumbles before but this may have been the first on a hard tile floor (grocery store). Oh, and I see the price has come down on the vers. 2... now that's nice!

The main thing though is, everybody's having a good time - So - Happy Vaping! :vapor:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
Warren, don't tell me you dropped your new Vtube.... Is it o.k.?

Yep it's fine... almost scared the gray outta my beard though! Picked it up & it wouldn't turn back on... had one o' those "O,S!" moments & decided to check out so I could get back to the car to inspect the damage. Nice little dimple in the top of that battery but otherwise everything's fine.

Valuable lesson learned: E-Power - shirt pocket. VTube - jeans pocket - at least unless/until I make a holster for it. Also, I gotta order some spare (Panasonic) batteries *tonight*! (I think I could make the dinged one work but don't like the idea of it, and besides, I've got the E-Power for a backup.) :D

StarBest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
USA
You can get metal replacement tanks for the vivi nova for about $4. Cinnamon is going to crack any polycarbonate tank. The "Fuel tank" is made of Delrin, or you can get a glass tank like the phiniac tank.

Gotvapes is supposed to have Vivi Nova "V2.5" pretty soon. It supposed to have a tank with more polypropylene in it that won't crack. I know Vision can do it because that's what they use on the Fluxomizers and they don't crack.

Thanks guys. Can't wait to try the New Vivi Nova since it use wick instead of coil (carto). It's hard to find wick based tank, most of the tank is coil. Did I get it right? :confused:

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Thanks guys. Can't wait to try the New Vivi Nova since it use wick instead of coil (carto). It's hard to find wick based tank, most of the tank is coil. Did I get it right? :confused:

The Vivi is an "atomizer tank". Most common tanks are "cartomizer tanks".

Most of the other lower priced atomizer tanks rely on the guts from a CE2 clearomizer. It's hard to find one that uses it's own atomizer and still works well. There are some for the eGo, but no high capacity ones for other 510 devices that I know of, other than the really expensive rebuildable ones like the Odysseus.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
Anyway, anyone tried the Torpedo Tank from Vapor Age? I wanted so bad to get my hands on it but it out of stock. :(
I read from the other thread that tank is almost perfect. Anyone can share their experience would be great.

I just went there and it's showing in stock. You might want to grab one. It looks pretty sweet. I change flavors a lot though, so it would cost me a fortune to get enough of them. They ain't cheap, but they do look quality.

StarBest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
USA
I just went there and it's showing in stock. You might want to grab one. It looks pretty sweet. I change flavors a lot though, so it would cost me a fortune to get enough of them. They ain't cheap, but they do look quality.

Thanks Sailorman :toast:.
I went to the site it shows in stock but when you change the option it says out of stock... :(
I check the Vapor Age forum and tried to contact them through their website, no answer yet :frown
I just order Nova from SureVapes.com, I hope it works for me. I didn't buy the metal tank yet, want to try it first if I like how it works. I still use CE2+ clearomizer, couldn't find better one than this. Tried CE4+ clearomizer, DCT tank, bunch of cartomizer those didn't work for me vapor wise or flavor wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread