Wanting to upgrade my kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Hi, not sure what you mean by "redo the coils"... maybe you meant "change them"? (the Aerotank coils are very small and a pain to even consider rebuilding them.. if you do, kudos to you, I tried once and didn't feel the effort was worth it for me, and part of my moving to other tanks)

At this time, the selection is just simply baffling, so you'd have to know what you're looking for.

I had and used the Aerotank 2 for a while myself and while it was a great little tank, once I moved on to something with better airflow, larger coils that wouldn't be as easy to "pop" from over wattage, I never looked back, and gave mine to someone that was starting into vaping to quit smoking.

Most tanks that uses cartridges are very similar in terms of ease of use, but the largest switch is getting a top fill that makes it so much easier.

Just check the different brands to see what's available now, to see what you would prefer. Your style of vaping can also impact your selection. (either mouth to lung or direct lung).

Personally I went with a Melo 2 at the time, but if you're looking for a proven starter kit (at least next level for you), the Pico kit that comes with the Melo 3 has been hard to beat.

The advantages:
Mod:
  • Removable/replaceable battery
  • Temp. control
  • Small size
  • Reliable

Tank:
  • Can take any coil from the Aspire Atlantis type (see my blog for more about this - click my name to find my blog)
  • Top fill
  • Decent airflow/adjustable
  • Can be used for either style of vaping

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
I have an aerotank 2 and a MVP 20W. I plan to keep the MVP, but I was wondering if there is another tank that is just as simple to redo the coils in that I could go over to. Or should I just stick to my set up and get a new tank if this one goes kaput?
Hola,
Having a back up is prudent.
eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil

Cheers
I

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Yeah, your MVP 20 is a good battery so you can get by with that. As far as the tank goes, it's kinda outdated now.

The Ego One tank Izan mentioned would be a significant improvement over the Aerotank. It will perform well under 20 watts. If you buy the CLR coils (separately), you get the option to rewick/rebuild them. They are designed with that in mind.

Joyetech eGo ONE V2 Tank
Joyetech eGo ONE Mega V2 Tank
Joyetech CLR Coils (5 pack)

Another option is the Eleaf GS Air line of tanks. They also perform well under 20 watts. The 1.5 ohm coils can also be rebuilt although it's a bit more difficult than the Ego CLR coils.

Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Eleaf GS Air-M Dual Coil Tank - $12.75 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

Eleaf GS-Air Replacement Coils 5 Pack - $9.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
Yeah, Rebuilding is a must for me the Ego looks promising if I can use my MVP with it. Would it use the same wire as the aerotank or is it different wire I'd need to rebuild these?
If you have wire for rebuilding, you can use that.

I use 28 gauge Kanthal and build at 1 ohm for my CLRs. Some people use Stainless Steel wire because they feel that it tastes better. The MVP doesn't do Temperature Control so Kanthal and SS are the only types of wire you can use.

Reactions: Stormrunner

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have an aerotank 2 and a MVP 20W. I plan to keep the MVP, but I was wondering if there is another tank that is just as simple to redo the coils in that I could go over to. Or should I just stick to my set up and get a new tank if this one goes kaput?
Could just cut to the chase and get the ultimate for flavor.
Might like to read:
Drip Vaping: Your Guide to Dripping e-Juice | Vape-Resource.com
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
What is an Atomizer? E-Cig Terminology Simplified
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
I use deep well RDA's. Deep wells are like mini tanks and give me the best taste available. As to portability, I add a slip ring (wide rubber band) to slide over the air holes and a cork plug for the drip tip -- no leakage. I also buy only deep well RDA's (Magma, Origen V1 & V3 etc.) which hold a mil or more of juice and last me 45 min. to an hour or more before refilling (1.5-2.0 ohm single coil).

Simar Sidhu

Moved On
Jun 1, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
If you can already build coils and can re-make the old Kanger Protank-style atomisers, then you *definitely* have the skillset required to use an RTA - you should look at getting a Kayfun-type tank, as djsvapour suggested, or maybe also try a dripper (RDA).

Myself, my favourite tank has to be my trusty Taifun GT2 clone which I got for around USD$10 from Fasttech in China. I also like my Origen OT22, Kayfun V3+ & Flash-e-Vapour V3. :D

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Plus 10 for the CLR coils and the variety of tanks that use them.

upload_2017-5-23_14-15-7.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread