Was: 25 Years. Now: Over 48 Hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I've smoked at least a pack a day for over 25 years. Sometimes closer to two packs a day.

In 2011, I joined this forum after my parents (both ex-smokers) suggested that I look into vaping so I can give up smoking.

I made the decision to purchase e-cig from Modern Vapor. I went with the SideSho Supreme Kit.

I vaped heavily for a while, but I still craved cigarettes. A lot.

Eventually, I gave up on vaping for multiple reasons. The SideShos just didn't do it for me, not to mention that they leaked e-liquid onto my lips and caused me to (non-fatally (duh)) OD on nicotine every time I used them.

So I went on smoking. And smoking. And (((COUGH, COUGH))) smoking.

Then, a few weeks ago, I noticed a vaping store that opened recently very close to me. I pondered whether or not I should go in there. I hesitated for several weeks, then finally made the leap four days ago (five, actually. It's after midnight).

The very friendly clerk (is that the right word in this case?) offered up an immediate suggestion when I asked what the best starter vaporizer was; the Innokin iTaste VV V3. It also helped that another customer was in the store at the time (this was five minutes after they opened) and they suggested it, as well. So I bought it.

I had five cigarettes that first day after purchasing it. The next day, I had eleven analogs. But something changed that second night. I decided that I was going to have my last analog just before bed, and never smoke tobacco again. So I went to bed, woke up, and vaped. The next day I had ONE craving for tobacco, but after making my mind up that I didn't need to go back to those, I haven't had one since, and I haven't craved them, either!

That's how I know it's going to work this time!

I go outside with my husband when he smokes, and I just don't crave those smelly things anymore. They're actually starting to really bother me when I get a whiff of my husband's. Still, I go outside out of sheer boredom with my surroundings. I used to go outside to smoke tobacco every half-hour or so. Now, I'm inside for hours on-end. I need to get out more! ;)

So, while it's *only* been a little over 48 hours for me, I'm still considering myself a success story, if only because I'm not even craving tobacco anymore, and I'm more than happy to vape in its stead, as well as the smell of analogs kinda making me sick to my stomach now. :)

Still, wish me luck and continued success!

P.S. I can't say it's cheaper yet as I've spent a ton of money on batteries and mods and juice over the last five days!

P.P.S. I'm sure it will get cheaper. ;)

Reactions: Foggy Road

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I smoked for 27 years and have been vaping for 3.5 years. The first year I would have the occasional craving but now the thought of lighting up turns my stomach.

Not sure what nic level you are using but what I found helpful was to have some of my favorite juice in a higher level to help squash the cravings when they popped up.

I spent quite a bit getting to this point but I could probably go for over a year now without spending any $ with what I have on hand.

Congratulations, I wish you all the best in your journey.

Also, ECF has been an invaluable resource for me, the info and support here is one of the biggest reasons for my success in getting off tobacco.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Thank you to both of you. :)

I'm on 18mg right now, and about 3mL a day. Or so. Perhaps a little more now that I've turned things up on my iTaste VV.

I'm honestly having NO cravings for tobacco now, even at a medium level of nicotine. To be honest, I wouldn't have even posted this thread if I were struggling in the slightest. :)

I'm not sure at this point whether I want to get off of nicotine permanently or not. I suppose it would be good if I could, but for now, I'm just happy to not have to light up every half hour. :)

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
That is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

Having a small bottle of 24 on hand is not a bad idea. Sometimes, even being determined not to give in, a small struggle can happen. It is just part of the battle and having the right weapons in your arsenal, thats what will keep your success rolling! That and the amazing support of the folks here at ECF!

Congrats :rickroll:

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks! :)

If I do get any cravings, I'll be sure to purchase a higher-content bottle. For now, I have no cigarettes in the house, so I'd need to go out either way. :)

Next, I gotta show my husband that this is entirely possible, and get him to take a couple of my setups and try a few liquids at E-Puff. He might actually enjoy one of the tobacco flavors I tried.

ncolwell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Congrats on your decision and on your success so far.

There are so many posts here about what to expect once you quit cigs. For me, when that 3 week period hit, so did depression. By reading here, I found that analogs contain MAOI's that actually keep you feeling better mentally. The three week mark is about when they exit your system. Be prepared for a few rough days around that time. My depressive feelings lasted about a week, and then they were gone.

If you have questions or concerns at any time, please post! We are here to help you!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
It's been soooooo long (in my mind) since I've had a cigarette now that I've lost count! I was thinking it was just over five days, but when I look on my little counter, it's been over six. :)

I really think it's going to work this time.

I also bought my husband a couple of PVs, and he started using them off and on yesterday. He didn't even buy cigarettes this morning like he said he would!

Having him will quit at the same time will make it that much easier for me, as long as we don't kill each other. Somehow, I think if we both stick to vaping, it will be fine. :)

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
Thanks All! :)

Over a week now, and my cravings for analogs are getting weaker. I even go longer between vaping most times!

I know a ton of you have gone through this, so it must be boring for you by now, but I do need to talk about my issues when I'm trying to deal with them. It's one of my coping mechanisms.

Still, it's going to be a long road, but I've made it this far. :)

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I'm already stepping down my nicotine levels!

I started with 18mg, and now I'm finding that I get a bit jittery with that, so I bought some 11mg juice from a local store. I went all day on that yesterday and had no troubles, what-so-ever. :)

Still no cancer sticks, and they're really starting to irritate me when I smell my husband's.

He's not ready to go full-on-vape yet. I understand better than anyone that you need to be ready for it to work.

Emilie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
I have more glassos now than I know what to do with, and I'm considering ordering a couple more iClear X.Is.

I have a Vamo V5 coming today, but I may sell it. I'm more than happy with my Innokin iTaste SVD.

I'm even thinking of selling my iTaste VV V3s, but I just know I'd regret it if I sold those. They may come in handy traveling, one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread