• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to the Women's Room! Say Hi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    You still on board here? Haven't seen a posting since Summer, 2015. If so, I would like to join along. Not a resident of Florida but had some good times when I was there. Presently living in New Jersey. Best regards, Ginger
    Still plodding along down here, jump on in and join us anytime @gingertalk196 :)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi, it looks like this room is no longer active,, any suggestions for a good ladies chat area?
    Hi Sparrots, welcome to the Women's Room. There are a couple of us who still check in every once in a while but you're right, it's pretty slow.
    You're welcome to start a thread here of your own and see what happens :)

Sparrots

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 15, 2009
    North/central Nebraska
    Ok, here goes, LOL! My userid is 'sparrots' just about everywhere since about 2000 when I moved to a 'Hooterville' (no lie) type town in north central Nebraska. The Cannonball doesn't run here anymore. Sparrots is short for 'Sandhills Parrots' which is the name of my parrot sanctuary, not to be confused with a rescue. The birds that come into my home are permanent residents rather than birds that I rehab to get into new homes. I did that for a long enough time to realize that it was NOT for me (emotionally). I still do some, very limited parrot rescue but those birds do NOT come into the house where I live and keep my 'family' of birds. I own 2 houses, right next door to each other so I can disinfect myself as best I can between houses.

I started vaping in 2008 but since I can't recall my real quit date, I just use 10/10/09 as my quit date since I joined ECF on 10/15/09. Before that I had NO CLUE that there were so many wonderful people here to help me go through the 'pleasure', coff, coff, of starting vaping after having smoked for over 30 years. ECF was truly a godsend and I was sooo happy to have joined it. NOBODY I knew and nobody in my town knew anything about vaping.

I think it's important for a new vapor to know some of the history of vaping and I encourage them to look on youtube for things such as PTB carto builds and blue aquarium foam uses. Wow, we've come a LONG way baby! I'm, what I consider to be, a recent widow. My husband died in March of 2015 and I still wear my ring and don't inow if I always will or not. After vaping for over 2 years, and having had a lobe-ectomy (partial lung removal) before that, he started drinking heavily and smoking followed. it broke my heart but I told him he couldn't do that here so he moved in with a sister 80 miles away who also smoked and drank heavily. I was crushed but also angry because it felt like he was committing suicide and I couldn't do a darn thing except what I did.

I spoke with his VA shrink (who is also mine) before I took that step. His previous surgery was declared to be a cure so long as he stayed away from cigarettes and his thoracic surgeon even gave me a thumbs up when he busted me vaping in Glenn's ICU room! God, I liked that guy. lol

Glenn was diagnosed with inoperable cancer in July of 2014 (11 months after he moved out), I knew it before he did because I was in charge of his records and had access to all the doctors' reports and lab/path results. He found out in August. DAMN, I'm whining. I HATE it when I whine. Especially with no cheese.

You can fill in the rest. it was not a good thing and the sisters and I did/do NOT agree or get along on anything. I had never been lonely in my entire life before but at that time I kew true loneliness and depression. I'm doing "much better now". Isn't that what they say? lol I was injured in the military and as a result was unable to have kids so my animals are my feathered/fluffy/furred kids. At least it's legal if they piss me off to put them in a cage. lol.

Well, now you know more about me than most people, lol. Anyway, hoping to reinvigorate this board, HI!
    Rebecca (in Hooterville)

Kris10

Jun 12, 2017
    Hi everyone, my name is Kristin and am a newbie here! Just wanted to introduce myself...a fellow member suggested i pop in here for some female comaraderie!
    I am 30 days smoke free today! Also 30 days ago i had one of the scariest days of my life... i suffered a heart attack at age 46! My left artery was 100% clogged. I've always been somewhat of a healthy eater and an active person...so i know what led to my heart attack... SMOKING! I smoked for 30 years! So I started with nicorette gum 4mg. A few days ago the cravings were getting WORSE instead of better so i went and purchased a vape pen. I love it! In fact, i enjoy it so much that i felt it MUST be bad for me! Normally everything that's good, is bad. So I've been reading as much as i can to educate myself, that's when i came across this awesome forum! It seems it's true... That they are 95% safer, at least, than cigarettes. My juice is only 3mg nicotine. The one thing i need to figure out is how hot my vape pen is getting. I read that when it gets above a certain temperature, the chemicals become dangerous.

Anyways, enough about me!

Have a great evening ❤️

Reactions: daleron

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Hi everyone, my name is Kristin and am a newbie here! Just wanted to introduce myself...a fellow member suggested i pop in here for some female comaraderie!
    I am 30 days smoke free today! Also 30 days ago i had one of the scariest days of my life... i suffered a heart attack at age 46! My left artery was 100% clogged. I've always been somewhat of a healthy eater and an active person...so i know what led to my heart attack... SMOKING! I smoked for 30 years! So I started with nicorette gum 4mg. A few days ago the cravings were getting WORSE instead of better so i went and purchased a vape pen. I love it! In fact, i enjoy it so much that i felt it MUST be bad for me! Normally everything that's good, is bad. So I've been reading as much as i can to educate myself, that's when i came across this awesome forum! It seems it's true... That they are 95% safer, at least, than cigarettes. My juice is only 3mg nicotine. The one thing i need to figure out is how hot my vape pen is getting. I read that when it gets above a certain temperature, the chemicals become dangerous.

Anyways, enough about me!

Have a great evening ❤️
    Hi and welcome @Kris10 :)
    So sorry for the late reply :oops:

Wow, that's young for a heart attack! :ohmy: So glad you are okay and on your way to a healthier life :thumbs:

Reactions: Kris10
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread