• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Air travel, TSA & a big smile

Status
Not open for further replies.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Oh....it's good to be home! I was sooo wound up about the FDA hold ups at customs & other various events as of late that my little mini-vacation was more welcomed than I expected.

The eGo was going to be my main vape of the trip, but I took my ProVari for when I was in the hotel room. I bought a really cute travel case for it (that's a whole other story! LOL), but I was nervous about this metal tube with a computer chip in it going through e-ray. Silly me.

MKE TSA sees something in my purse that they're not sure about. Purse? I only have my eGos in there; ProVari is in my carry on. Long story short, he DROPS my purse into a tub & start pulling stuff out. I tell the guy if he describe the device he's looking for, I can direct him to the item. He not only never looks at me, he ignores my comment. Pulls some things out- NOT the eGo case or the assembled unit, reruns it through x-ray, then hands me the tub with 1/2 my contents all over it - still never speaking or looking at me (yes; I have customer service issues).
OK. What ever. It's 6:30am. Dude; can I get you a coffee? Oh; need a smoke break? Have I got something for you..............

Flash forward to this afternoon & Denver TSA.
All my gear is in the same spot as when I went through MKE. Once again,my purse is held up. This time, I can see the screens & I'm looking at it, trying to figure out what it could be, only to realize since *I* know, that's not much help. I figure it must be what I'm using to carry my bluetooth in (metal M&M container).
The nice...no...make that NICE young TSA agent gets my purse & we start walking. I mention that we had this issue in MKE, but they never said what it was & if he describes it, I can tell him exactly where to look & save us both some time.
This kid was wonderful. He set down my purse & said "Now, you can't touch your purse, but can you describe it?". I laughed & said I'm not sure what they saw, but I'm assuming it was the round object. He said "No; we can see your bluetooth in there". I said then the only other thing I could be is 2 straight items; and there's a 3rd that's assembled; if he checks the side with the zipper pull, it's in a black case.
"What is it?" he asks as he's getting it out.
"It's an e-cigarette. The eGo, to be exact" I say.
Excitement! "You have one of those? I've been thinking about getting one. Do they really work?"
And the fun was on! After we confirmed that was what they saw & other formalities - Sure; want to see it in action? hee hee hee....vaping freely & praying for big plumes! LOL

I was only concentrating on the kid I was working with & the other guy that came over with him when he heard "e-cig". When we were done, I walked over to where the rest of the MlrFamily was waiting for me, just past the area. The youngest one had the most scared look on her face, because MlrMan told her to stay with him & all she knew was security was checking my bag & she thought I was in trouble. Poor thing. It was then I noticed at least 6 other TSA agents were around that area. I don't know if it was shift change or they wanted to see this funky thing work, but I see why a little 9 year old would have been scared for her mamma!

For the record - of course I vaped on the flts. hee hee hee. On the way there, I was on the window & MlrMan was sweet enough to sit in the middle (don't worry; God smited me & the guy in front of me - who was way shorter than me - put his seat all the way back) & if I needed to do a real exhale, I just did it into his sleeve.
On the way home, MlrMan and I sat aisle across & each had a child sitting next to us. The woman at my window slept all the way home, but the guy behind MlrMan -- I don't know if he was really watching me or just staring into space - but I was trying not to exhale much vaper & if I had to guess, I would say he, along with people in the airport & at the stock show, just thought I was an asthmatic with a really cool toy.

OH OH OH!! There was a beer tent not to far from our stall & when we went in yesterday, I over hear a girl say "It's one of those e-cigarette things so I can use it in here" I look over & she's showing a copper colored 510 to her friend. "Aren't they the greatest!" I said. I was going to tell her to get rid of that 1-hr battery & go for the eGo, but she really didn't seem to toot the virtues of e-cigs, so I retreated, but at least I didn't feel like I had to be too stealthy in my vaping in there.

Gloat moment: the MlrFamily headed to the National Western Stock Show in Denver, where my daughter showed her heifer. This was her second time really showing & her Papa was nice enough to tell her "this is the Super Bowl of shows!" when we got in. Thanks for no pressure LOL.
They did awesome and placed 2nd in her class & missed Reserve Champion by the hair of her chinny chin chin.

Jmitchelliv

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Thx Jmitch & we're looking forward to meeting the newbs.

Hey! Did your batts get here yesterday (Tuesday)? If so, how's that REO working for you?

Working stellar... thanks. :)

... although I think my GLV2 5v experience may have wrecked me. The bottom feeder is great for convenience, but I miss the vape cannon feature that 5 volts gives me. I have some Cisco 1.5 ohm attys on the way from avidvaper that should be here Saturday afternoon that I think will help that out a ton. :)

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I have been stopped by TSA a couple times going through Richmond. I find if they are in my carry on bag, I get less hassle. I have offered to demonstrate the e-cig to prove that is what it is. The only reply was that they see so many different kinds, it is hard to keep up with what they look like and they asked to run it through again for training. They weren't busy every time this has happened, and I didn't have them in my carry on.

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
... how rude of me! I almost forgot to ask how your new toy is working. You've had a few weeks with 'er now... still impressed?

Not rude at all!
Been 3 weeks now & I tell ya, if someone is above a social/casual vaper, they really should look into a variable voltage unit. It's been fun rediscovering flavors & tweaking them as the day goes on. I'm so glad I decided to packrat underperforming, or what I thought were dead attys. Being able to up the volts helped bring them back to life.
Can't stealth vape with it, but that's what I have the eGo for ;) LOL

Just one question - how did the heifer get to Denver - First Class?:?:

Since I couldn't find a kennel the rampers would touch, I had to buy her a seat. Then they made me buy a second seat for her. They say it's not because they couldn't get the drink cart down the aisle, but I don't know......
animal-smiley-034.gif

(actually, another farm was hauling down their animals, so FIL bought her a seat in their trailer)

I have been stopped by TSA a couple times going through Richmond. I find if they are in my carry on bag, I get less hassle...............they see so many different kinds, it is hard to keep up with what they look like

That was my fear with the ProVari. With it being so new, the chip & batteries being held in this case, I had all kinds of visions dancing through my head.
Since I can't live without my gear if my checked bag should go to bag Heaven, I always carry all my gear in a carry on & luckily, I remembered to take out all the juice & put it in my little quart bag.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
I wouldn't have even taken my Provari with me. I keep a SD and eGos just for travel. All my good mods are for when I am not susceptible to some person's jugdement at TSA, no matter how good their intent. If I had my Provari with me and they attempted to take it, I would turn around and leave, miss my flight, etc... just to go put it back in the car.

C-kool Dad '09

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Brookfield, WI - USA
Just one question - how did the heifer get to Denver - First Class?:?:

Soooooo let me get this straight. You are in possession of a heifer AND you have Vast amounts of, let's just say, "The Champagne of Bottled Beers". All's we need is a good massage-type person and we got ourselves some American Made KOBE Steaks! Plus EW mentioned she needs a new pair of boots........:?::oops::laugh:

Last edited:

MlrGrl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 27, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Soooooo let me get this straight. You are in possession of a heifer AND you have Vast amounts of, let's just say, "The Champagne of Bottled Beers". All's we need is a good massage-type person and we got ourselves some American Made KOBE Steaks! Plus EW mentioned she needs a new pair of boots........:?::oops::laugh:

Make that heifers - there are plenty more down at the farm. And while they might not be Kobe beef, we have the next best thing - Simmentals :)
EW will have to get her boots from one of the other girls. Snickers has such a nice hide, I already have dibs on it when the time comes ;)

where'd you get your case?

Shellz Padded Storage Cases

They have kind of a funky site, but if you click on the color combo you want, the next window allows you to see a little better what they look like when you click on the pic.
They come with two different insides. One, has the foam cutout on both sides, the other is foam only on one side & the other has a zippered compartment. That's the one I picked.

Shipping was a little slower (surprise! LOL); took a few days before it shipped, but I wasn't in a big hurry for it.

For the record, no, this is NOT a place a normally shop at! :2cool:
I saw it on the ProVari thread LOL

Scroll to post 1852 for pics
Third pic shows it with the ProVari in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread