What do the Docs say about vaping?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Shonna76, Jan 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Shonna76

Shonna76 Full Member

I have a follow up appointment with my doctor this week. I am excited to report to him that I have not smoked since my lung had collapsed 12 days ago. BUT, I have taking up vaping and love it. Doctors usually give you the 5th degree about smoking and blame the minutest symptom on smoking. Just curious what your doctors had to say about the wonderful world of vaping.

2. mwa102464

mwa102464 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
    It's a fantastic alternative to smoking, all Dr's are not educated on vaping so make sure yours is if he has something to say about it.

3. bigtiime

bigtiime Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

If your doctor is keeping up with trends etc. I think he'll encourage you to continue as mine did. Mine was also very aware of what PG/VG is which was shocking to me. With that said, my doctor has lowered the strength of my cholesterol meds. yay me!

4. whitepony

whitepony Super Member ECF Veteran

my doctor was very ahppy to ehar i quit smoking and went to vapeing he did allot of research on it and has been turnin people to it

5. Iffy

Iffy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Had a checkup a month and a half after starting vaping (47 years of 2 PaD). My doc had no idea what vaping was. He did note my BP had went down 11 points on both sides and my O² saturation went from 92 to 98. I sent him some CASAA info to him. During my last visit he said he was impressed with the info and asked if he could share my story with his smoking patients.

Had the first signs of emphysema several years ago. Gonna see him again in Feburary and ask for a lung x-ray for a comparison.

6. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dr app on Wednsday .... we'll see
    Meanwhile I'll just top off this Buttered Popcorn in the ole Jazz cartopipe.

7. Shonna76

Shonna76 Full Member

Let us know the comparison report when it comes back!!!! So excited for your positive medical reports!!!!! Honestly, I could never be more happy. I always needed to quit smoking, but never enough willpower to do it!! Very little willpower needed with vaping. I wish I would of found vaping sooner....it can save lives!!

8. Shonna76

Shonna76 Full Member

How u like the popcorn? I love the jelly belly popcorn jelly beans....haveta give it a try!!!

9. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I openly vaped in my Dentist's chair. He was willing to pass some extra ECF cards along to patients who smoke, because he insists they give up smoking prior to some surgeries. A couple of his assistants smoke and were impressed and eager to try vaping, as well.

10. tj99959

tj99959 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

This is a special brew that ENS has been offering to us locals lately. Gotta say ... it tastes like the real deal ... but it doesn't like a lot of watts.

11. Youmadbrah

Youmadbrah Super Member ECF Veteran

12. luvinit

luvinit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My doc was THRILLED that I had quit and knew all about vaping, since her father had quit the same way! She and I both feel that nursing homes and hospitals should use them... what a great alternative!!

13. cags

cags Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

my doc (PA) is tickled to pieces that I am vaping :)

14. CCC

CCC Super Member ECF Veteran

Me - "Hey doc, i replaced smoking with vaping"
    Doc - :confused:
    Me - "It has Pg, Vg, and flavours in it"
    Doc - :blink:
    Me - nevermind :vapor:

15. my4jewels

my4jewels Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I have been vaping exclusively since 5-5-11. I have noticed that even on my BP medication, my numbers are lower a lot of the time. I have yet to go for my annual checkup, but I am hoping for good news. My choslesterol and triglycerides have always been high, yet I refuse to go on a statin drug. I wonder if vaping will make a difference. I know losing weight would help, but it's soooo hard.

16. Katy

Katy Senior Member ECF Veteran

My doctor always asks me if I'm still using my PV rather than smoking. I'm 70 years old and had smoked cigarettes (about 2 packs a day) for over 50 years. The doctor has assured me that it would be safe to use the vaporizer until I finally croak.

17. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

That's just about the same reaction I got from my doc when I told him about the PV. LOL

18. txtumbleweed

txtumbleweed Vaping Master ECF Veteran

My doctor didn't know much about e-cigs but was real impressed on my improvement in breathing and the sound of my lungs. They sounded like bagpipes before I started vaping and now he says they sound normal. I already have emphysema but my health has improved 1,000 percent since I quit smoking!:2cool:
    I too am in my 70's and smoked for over 50 years.

19. stadiumlove

stadiumlove Senior Member ECF Veteran

Glad to hear you are feeling better! When I was a smoker my lung collapsed very often. I had many 'spontaneous' pneumothoraces which usually occurs in tall thin male smokers. My docs told me smoking increases the risk of lung collapse by 1700%, which is one of the main reasons I decided I needed to quit the cigs. I'm happy to say that since quitting 6 months ago I haven't had any incidences. It's honestly SUCH a relief to not have the stress of worrying about my lung collapsing everytime I would light a cancer stick.

20. BloodWolf

BloodWolf Senior Member ECF Veteran

My dr is happy I quit smoking and started vaping.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.