Status
Not open for further replies.

FACE MEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Costa Mesa, CA
Regulating and taxing hardware would be damn near impossible. Nicotine, on the other hand will almost certainly be taxed and regulated in the not-so-distant future. It's a shame, but I think that will be our reality.

I recently stocked up on nicotine base liquid. My 10.9 year supply (3L of 60mg/mL) is hibernating in my freezer.

Cliven

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
UT
I had the same thoughts and have just made sure I am prepared. I now have 3 REO's, 350' of 28, 30 and 32 ga Kanthal, box-O-cotton, 1,000 ml of nic juice in the freezer, about 300 ml out that I use. 3 liters of PG and VG each, dozens of bottles and about 90 flavorings. This alone will keep me and the wifey going for years. I also have for backup, 2 provari's, a vamo 4, 4 protank II's, 8 davides, 6 smok DCTanks, about 45 heads and about 65 cartos. Again, I am ready to hibernate for years and I feel great about it.

Mostly my 'stock-piling' hasn't been due to the FDA, well some of it has but I just like having everything set to just enjoy. This is my hobby now. Pretty soon I'll be getting another REO and hopefully a Woodville when they arrive later this year. I don't need them....but I WANT them. heh heh heh.

So for the next month or so, I probably will buy a few larger bottles of some of the vendor juices I really like and then after that.....FDA can do whatever they want. I still care what they decide but I won't have to worry. NO WAY am I going back to stinkies!!!

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
That's what I figure. In fact I have been noticing where I get mine it is tough to find in stock. I think people are already buying in bulk.

Any bought now is free from the taxes. Just makes sense to me to put some back.

Same here. Been waiting for the 500ml to come in stock for a bit now.

Thanks to my phone, I could have posted this from anywhere.

ilikedawgs

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
They are fire starters for camping with, with a water bottle as a safety precaution. They really could be, a cotton ball or dryer lint with little Vaseline on it makes a great starter, just add glowing red coil to start it.

Going to have to get another Reo for the emergency bug-out kit.:blush:

Gotta get an all drab for forest, maybe Rob could do a desert tan and an urban cammo.

Scent from an electronic thingy

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Lots of good points here. I've been thinking about this a lot recently too. Banning sales to kids is going to happen for sure, and I agree with that. I already pay tax on the juice I buy locally, but it's just sales tax. There is no legitimate reason to put a "sin tax" on juice or nicotine, unless they can prove it is harmful, but they will probably go with the gateway to smoking b.s. line of thinking.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
I agree that taxing the nic containing liquids is inevitable. What about those of us that have been working diligently on cutting our nic intake? Are they going to regulate and tax me if I try ordering Heathers Dragons Fire and Serendipity at a ZERO nic liquid? There will always be a loophole somewhere. Even if one were to order their favorite flavor in a zero nic, then add it themselves from the Wizard Lab bottle that's hiding in the freezer.

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree that taxing the nic containing liquids is inevitable. What about those of us that have been working diligently on cutting our nic intake? Are they going to regulate and tax me if I try ordering Heathers Dragons Fire and Serendipity at a ZERO nic liquid? There will always be a loophole somewhere. Even if one were to order their favorite flavor in a zero nic, then add it themselves from the Wizard Lab bottle that's hiding in the freezer.

Where I work they sell snacks and beverages. They charge more for the less healthy items. Even though nicotine in correct doses is harmless, what if they charged a higher tax the higher you went in your nic levels? To me it's still punishing people for trying to be healthier and quit smoking.

Della Cirque

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2011
Deep East Texas
I'm stoked to see the sub-ohm kit in the works, woodvilles in production, etc... but I can't help but think about these FDA issues and the potential implications.

Am I going to have to drive to Maine to get a Reo? Am I going to lose the juice vendors I appreciate and be stuck with the local grog? Am I going to be stuck going back to cigarettes? Vaping nic free VG? Would I even do that?

I showed a Reo to a local shop guy the other day, he was blown away... couldn't stop talking about it. I wonder what the vendor's plans are? Is everybody going to just go under or go local? I know there's little chance of seeing a Reo in a shop here on the west coast as they're all carefully crafted, so what if?

Curious what the contingency plans are, if any...

As for the REOs, just keep 120 Ida Jim Rd. memorized and have no doubt in our jedi modmasters ninja skills.
Juice...DIY and a few years worth of nicotine in the freezer.
No worries about batteries, wire or cotton.

And I keep in mind that we have been hearing about getting shut down since before I started vaping.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Vaping is becoming big business - estimated growth will see sales of $7billion this year depending on what you read, so it's all nothing more than jockeying to divide up the pie. Big tobacco are losing their cash cow (smokers) because they are turning to vaping in ever-increasing numbers. Big Pharmaceuticals are worried because their licensed nicotine replacement offerings are certainly no more effective than vaping. They are both losing money!

I have no problem with nic liquid meeting certain standards and not being sold to minors. Most of us that make our own liquids buy raw materials from a few suppliers anyway and they have no problem meeting USP standards. Quite why that would incur a price increase has not been explained.

It would just be nice for a change if decisions were based upon some science and real studies, rather than nonsense about gateways to smoking and so on. The last time i checked smoking was legal. But it is highly taxed = kerching for the government. If you think the government really cares about your health, rather than your tax money, then perhaps you ought to look at their track record a little more closely.

T

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
They will never be able to stop a guy from building a vaporizer no worries on that end . They will tax your e juice its coming . There is to much money there they will never stop vaping . They just want there piece of the pie

Agree and I have three Reo's all which will out live me I am sure. I have my RM2's which they will never stop making wire, cotton, or the batteries. I have enough nic to last my lifetime and the flavorings they will always be available so I don't worry!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Must teach my wife to make her own coils. Subtext: i am tired of doing it!

I have enough liquid to fill a small pond. The entire thing is ridiculous - you cannot stop anyone making anything - without bankrupting every electrical engineer, (wire), granny (Aunt Lydia's cotton for a Christening dress) and battery seller (smoke alarm, laptop, phone anyone?).

DNA20 board - what's that for?? oh - i just plug it into my computer and it emails anyone with my genes! :blink:

'what will they think of next?'

what indeed!

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread