1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

What is a good dripping atomizer?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by hiddengravy, Jul 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. hiddengravy

hiddengravy Full Member

Im starting to DIY so i want to test my juices. What are a few good dripping atty's? I ordered a Phoenix FH20 Detachable Dripping Atomizer (1.5ml), is this a good choice?
    Thanks in advance

2. MoonLit_Water

MoonLit_Water We All Shine On Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I would like to know this also, I just began DIYing, and would like a drip atty that is best suited for switching flavors as efficiently as possible.

3. FaceT1me

FaceT1me Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I am pretty fond of the octopus. Easy to recoil and great vape production on the cheap.

4. bfortified

bfortified Full Member

Is a dripper the best way to try different flavors? I ordered a sample pack from Holo and just bought a bunch of smokTech shorty's to use with the sample pack, should I just buy a dripper?

With a wicked driper like the octopus, does it have a small reservoir area the wicks draw from or are you just saturating the wicks when you drip?

5. hiddengravy

hiddengravy Full Member

its a little bit of both

6. vapo jam

vapo jam Super Member ECF Veteran

if you just want something that's more or less plug and play to test your juice mixes, hh357 is pretty widely regarded as the best dripping atty on the market (kind of pricey, though, at about $20 apiece).

octopus and igo are good if you want to start building your own coils as well.

7. Bill's Magic Vapor

Bill's Magic Vapor Juice Maker Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Just to test juices, huh? Really don't need a tank system or anything fancy for that. The HH357 is awesome for this. The Vision Eternity allows you to put one juice on top of another fairly easily. Even the little inexpensive RDA's would work fine for flavor tasting. Check out Fasttech. They have at least a dozen inexpensive atomizer setups that would work fine for this. if you're looking at an RBA, the rebuildable cotton or silica wick ones are easier than the mesh or ceramic wicks. Depends on budget. You can do the testing for as little as three dollars to as high as say $25. Let us know what you decide please. Best!

8. sigillum.diaboli.718

sigillum.diaboli.718 Full Member Verified Member

As far as dripping experience goes, my fav go-to's would have to be the Pheonix XL, or the Octopus RBA's!
    Using a Ceramic or SS wick in the Phoenix was great!

9. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Mystagogue φ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I just recently updated my Dripping Blog to include pictures, perhaps you might find something useful to you:

Drip, Drip, Drip…

10. Thrasher

Thrasher ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

$6.10 V5 Electronic Cigarette Round Mouth Detachable Dripping Atomizer - 1.0

$5.93 YK1 KTS Stainless Steel Electronic Cigarette Atomizer at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

these two bad boys can hold their own quit well against the big boys and re wicking them is easy

the yk1 has moved up my short list of favs real quick. open the airholes just a touch and whammo storm clouds are rolling, i have two now one with a small wick just for testing DIY juices.

for just about the same price as a disposable dripper you get something that will last and works great.

11. Thin

Thin Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have an Igo L dripper. Not expensive to buy, well built, easy to rebuild coils, can be used with silica or mesh, has a "well" so can hold maybe half a ml of juice if you want it to. I'd highly recommend it.

12. bebop.rocksteady

bebop.rocksteady Senior Member ECF Veteran

Smoktech RBA is a fantastic dripping Atty BUT not if you are trying to switch flavors. You should use a bridgeless 510 atomizer for flavor sampling. I like a 2.0 ohm shorty or the long barrel.

13. zg444

zg444 Full Member Verified Member

I have been contemplating the same thing for DIY.. Tried a few Attys and just didn't like them.. Decided to try RBA Phoenix styles. Picked up 4, 100ft of 32guage Kanthal, 10ft of wick, and 12x12 sheet of mesh for under $60. That should be enough to play with, and test some new flavors... Z

14. hiddengravy

hiddengravy Full Member

yeah i bought the Phoenix FH20 just waiting for it to come in, but i might get the octopus

15. Tripster

Tripster Super Member ECF Veteran

SmartVapes 34mm Drippin Atty...$5.99.

16. hiddengravy

hiddengravy Full Member

i might have to try that out. THanks

17. Tripster

I have 15 on the way, I have used SmartVapes atties before but not these 34mm versions.

18. StarDose

StarDose Super Member ECF Veteran

Bridge less attys are... Hmm... Not terrible for testing juices. I used to use one until I got my igo-l and switching flavors is very easy and allot better than the bridge less for flavor. As for the octopus it can get messy due to the design of the bottom airhole, just make sure either you use lots of wick like its designed for or be careful how much you drip into it.

19. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Mystagogue φ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    They have a nice price for a 306 too.

20. Tripster

I agree...

: smoktek, fasttech
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.