What is going on with all these Box Mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wruff

ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2014
Vapeville, USA
Dual battery boxes are impractical for me due to their size. And while the power reserve is great on dual battery mods I don't vape over 45 watts and so many of the single battery mods provide all the power I require.
My car is my office most of the day out and about and so a charging cord is always right there when I need it.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The "mod" itself is just a battery. Lest we forget that.

The "flavor" comes from good delivery device (that you put on that battery), as well as the eliquid itself, of course.

Batteries don't "technically" impart flavor anymore than a battery inside a Maglite flashlight imparts light.....the bulb is what gives the light, although of course, if you battery is weak it won't supply the power to the bulb it needs. :)

Do box mods give better flavor? No better than a tube mod if it was exact same specs, using exact same delivery device, at same ohms/watts, and same ejuice. Some mods of course supply better, more consistent, more accurate, and less 'rattle" type power.

Some of this is subective, of course.

I had a few isticks. IMHO, they are cheap so I didn't expect much out of them. I have vaped long enough to know exactly what 3.4v or 5v or 7v should give me on a certain delivery device of a certain ohms using a certain eliquid.......and I'm here to say that the istick can't exactly be called "accurate" :lol:

Most vapers would never notice that so it's no big deal. And no, I am not using any kind of "measuring device" although someone probably already has.

I use the istick40tc and find the device very accurate.

My istick40 is only .02 off the reading of my ohms meter.

Margucci

Oct 5, 2015
for my $0.02 its the same as others have said. features mainly. i have a small single single 18650 with a subtank mini that i use while out in TC mode (no need to go over 33W). for home its a dual 18650 that i mainly use with things like crown tanks and tfv4s which i need to push to 80-100W. with either setup i can easily make it though the time i need before charging.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I resisted box shapes few quite awhile...but finally succumbed. It really comes down to size. If you are going to use a 18650 replaceable battery with some electronics than you can have a shorter box shape or a longer tube shape. I have both and use both...for different occasions. Right now, all of the best ones seem to come in a box shape, don't they?

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I like box mods for 2 reasons 1. the looks I honestly hate how cylindrical mech mods/pens look. I have noting against them but I simply dislike how they look for if I were to use one. 2. the way it feels in my hand although I do have a tiny box mod ( the way it fits my hand ) the evict vt 60w it is the sole reason why I am actually pushing for a new bigger box mod. I would never get something like the HOG ( hammer of god ) box mod though that is too big for me.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hi all! I am curious to way so many vapors are now using Box Mods. I can't give you any kind of honest reason why I don't care for them. My main reason is I don't like the way they look. I may be all wrong
and missing out on something good.

It appears to me that they will soon out sell even mods.

I am a female and like sleek nice looking e-cigs. Either that or I must be a drag queen.:p

I felt kinda odd about them too, but it intrigued me how short they are, compared to tube mods. I started with a really small one, an iStick30 -- and loved it immediately. Since then, I've bought another iStick30, and 3 CoolFire IVs, because even though the coolfires are a little bigger and a good bit heavier, they fit my hand so perfectly! They're by far my most favorite mod ever, topped with an Achilles RDA.

My Sigelei Zmax now fills in for maintenance duty -- dry-burning coils, measuring ohms, all the little chores I need a mod for. It's still a great mod, and would certainly be excellent backup if all my boxes died or had dead batteries -- though at 2000ish mAh, they last a while! -- but I just love the way the boxes feel, and for 2 of my CF4s, the way they look: (this is the whole box mod family, but you'll see which 2 CFs I mean)

boxmodfamily.jpg

Andria

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I always had a pack of smokes in my right front pocket as a smoker. I usually bought hard packs for prevention of crushed smokes. I have gravitated to boxmods within my first 6 months of vaping, back in 2011, due to the form factor familiarity. I've been a modder since my early days of vaping, too, and boxes are quite easy to build.

Also, some tube mods closely resemble female personal "massagers", and I'd prefer nobody mistakenly think I was putting one of those in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread