Auto battery box mods. Has it been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegrindre

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2011
Central Arkansas
allricksstuff.com
Hi all,
It's me again. The old fart with more questions...
OK, I now have been officially vaping on a box mod for a few days and have confirmed my thoughts about it. It is the only way to vape with one draw back, IMO and, that is, I don't like pushing a button to take a drag. My analogs didn't have one.
Not sure I'll ever get used to it but, I don't always remember to do it. Sometimes my thoughts are elsewhere and I forget and all I'm doing is suckin' air. LOL
Don't think anybody has tried to duplicate the circuitry of it for a box mod but, I thought I'd ask.
Are there any auto batt box mods out there???
I just don't like pushin' a button...

Thanks, again guys,

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
I don't think there are any box mods out there that are automatic. Actually, the only big battery, automatic PV that I know of is the Echo, but I wouldn't consider it to be a mod and it's certainly not a box. There's a huge drawback to automatics and I can imagine this is the reason that most mods are manuals; if juice gets inside and hits the circuitry, that kills it.

Keep practicing with the button and you'll get the hang of it.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
I think most of the auto switches that don't mis-fire all the time are vacuum switches (some others are sound activated). That means making the switch part of the mod air tight enough to get it to fire the mosfet and still keep the air flow working for the proper draw. Most just don't want to mess with it. I think some have tried tho. See the modder's section. Someone will comment about their tests.

Some are testing "lip activated" touch sensors... another bad idea IMHO (misfire risks... like fray said), but hey, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread