What is ProVari?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
You've spouted off a lot of inaccurate information in this post. Maybe be a little more sure about your statements in the future. The Provape-1 had a lifetime warranty, not the Provari. Provape will however service an out of warranty Provari for life. The P3 has a 20 amp limit, not 15.
I dont think so it has a 6.5 amp limit @ 20 watts in todays market of PV's its heavily under powered. Those thinking that 90% of vapers vape below 30 watts are insane just take a look at a B&M shelf, they sell and chat about power mods.. 90% pfft more like 9% wake up to todays atomizers they turn smokers into vapers in one day..

There also are plenty of durable long lasting devices on the market.
I am not a salesperson for any of them just read the reviews, watch a review..

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I dont think so it has a 6.5 amp limit @ 20 watts in todays market of PV's its heavily under powered. Those thinking that 90% of vapers vape below 30 watts are insane just take a look at a B&M shelf, they sell and chat about power mods.. 90% pfft more like 9% wake up to todays atomizers they turn smokers into vapers in one day..

There also are plenty of durable long lasting devices on the market.
I am not a salesperson for any of them just read the reviews, watch a review..
Among hobbyist that is true but hobbyist are a tiny part of the market.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    aintno.jpg

Visus

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Among hobbyist that is true but hobbyist are a tiny part of the market.
    Lol you guys still back in yesterday vaping, not hobbyist, just a normal day at the vape shop.

Its todays market not a hobbyist mode vaping anymore these plug and play subtanks need power and at 20 watts they barely produce vapor of course you can buy the RTA for them but thats uber advanced and us advanced vapers usually vape over 30 watts. Not a urination contest its reality of today in vaping..

Say whatever you want its not happening where people would choose a 20 watt elder device over a 40-200 watt TC mod at lower costs and exceptional durability..

Provape is probably most definitely gonna release a new mod with higher power you betcha but until then they are under powered for todays bigger market..

There are many provari's sitting on shelves not used except for a good memory of how it used to be.. Their mods are like great training wheels --one of the best you betcha and some never outgrow training wheels and thats ok to:thumbs:..

Reactions: Jimi D.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    There are many provari's sitting on shelves not used except for a good memory of how it used to be.. Their mods are like great training wheels --one of the best you betcha and some never outgrow training wheels and thats ok to:thumbs:..

I think your definition of the words "grow" and "progress" are VERY different from mine.

@ 8 watts the 18650 battery in my Provari lasts for 12 hours.

How long does your battery last again?

I go through 6 ml of juice a day with my "outdated" setup.

How much do you go through in a day?

Then how much of that is wasted in an effort just to show off?

That doesnt seem like progress or growth to me.

Blowing clouds is NOT the future of vaping, its just an offshoot thats enjoying a lot of popularity right now.

And much of that is due to vape shops pushing it.......... because it means more juice/battery/coil sales and higher profit margins for them.

The best anology I can think of for this is that vaping is a lot like owning a car.

We drive all different kinds of makes and models but some of us prefer to drive a BMW 3 series because its dependable. (Provari)

Then there are the hot rodders who will soup up anything from a Gremlin to a funeral hearse in an effort to go faster/blow more clouds.

Smart vapers dont need the latest and greatest. Nor do we need to show off to friends and strangers. All that matters is that the device we use helps to keep us off of cigarettes.

Many of us also need something that works without fail, day in and day out, and the Provari does that beautifully.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    most people who put down the Provari ... well, they don't own one, and many have never even tried one.

What I did before I bought my first Provari was ... I went out of my way looking for negative reviews from people who actually own and vape them.

2 years later ... I still can't find negative reviews from Provari users ... however, those same trolls who don't own one or have never used one are still trying to bash them.

I paid $55 each for these 3 year old used Provaris ... go figure, they work exactly the same as my brand new ones.

55Provaris.jpg

VNeil

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 30, 2014
    Ocean City, MD
    I have 2 P2.5's and 3 50W box mods. I use the box mods most of the time. But my Provaris are always ready to fill in and I know they will work. If they fail I can get them fixed. Made in the USA, nearly unique in those ways.

You can get a very nice vape at 14W and I suspect a P3 @20W will give a much better vape and even run a dual coil RDA (somewhat marginally), something I never got working right on the P2.5 (just not enough power). I know I do well at 20W on my box mods with dual coils.

zapped

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 30, 2009
    Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
    I used to work for a vape shop that sold Provaris but they didnt push them.

Do you know why?

Profit margins.

They make more money off a cheap Vamo.

They can buy the Vamo wholesale for 20 bucks or less..

Then sell it for 60 dollars+ @ retail. So 300 percent markup (or more in some shops)

In comparison, the profit off a Provari is extremely small. If vape stores get it for 120 bucks, the most theyll make is 80 dollars.

And how many people are going to pay 200 bucks for a mod that they can get for a lot cheaper online?

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    There was a poll thread on here a while ago. The majority of vapers vaped within the limit of a ProVari 2.5...

Well this is, or was at least the tootle puffers forum. Not sure how true that would even be even here now.

But even at that its innernet people. Clearly we are all innernet people but how many smokers plan ahead for innernet ecig purchases?? I would think it was fairly small. So that leaves B&M's. I live in a forgotten backwater of America and drawing a circle a half hour drive I have prolly 30+ vape shops with at least a half dozen opening soon. I think we can clear 50 by years end. Then the thinning out should start but thats a different topic. Of those 30 shops 2 sell Provape products and even then its in a forgotten little area that leads me to think they maybe under contract or something.

So in an area where vaping is on fire low watts mods are almost impossible to find. Based solely on whats for sale locally and discounting innernet hobbyists I'd put the number of mods bought in 2015 under 20w under 1%. Way under. Adding in the tanks that would run under 20w for sale it may go up to 5%.

Again what these mods are set at I have no idea.

Reactions: zapped

The Eciginator

Ultra Member
    Jul 27, 2015
    My P3Ti is my daily driver, paired with a Subtank mini at 15 watts it provides a VERY satisfying vape! There are times I feel like a little more, so I'll grab my istick 50w and pop on my Velocity. Then the evening rolls around and I crank up my SnowWolf with a TFV4 and do some serious clouds! Each is great in it's own way!:D

Boden

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Lexington KY
    Well this is, or was at least the tootle puffers forum. Not sure how true that would even be even here now.

But even at that its innernet people. Clearly we are all innernet people but how many smokers plan ahead for innernet ecig purchases?? I would think it was fairly small. So that leaves B&M's. I live in a forgotten backwater of America and drawing a circle a half hour drive I have prolly 30+ vape shops with at least a half dozen opening soon. I think we can clear 50 by years end. Then the thinning out should start but thats a different topic. Of those 30 shops 2 sell Provape products and even then its in a forgotten little area that leads me to think they maybe under contract or something.

So in an area where vaping is on fire low watts mods are almost impossible to find. Based solely on whats for sale locally and discounting innernet hobbyists I'd put the number of mods bought in 2015 under 20w under 1%. Way under. Adding in the tanks that would run under 20w for sale it may go up to 5%.

Again what these mods are set at I have no idea.

This is interesting. Tomorrow I'll go to the two largest vape shops around here, I think there are six total but only two of them sell mods larger than ego twists. And ask them what the sales breakdown is.

I know that when I'm out and about town the vast majority of people I see with a vaporizer are holding a twist or some other stick mod and a plastic clearomizer. I actually remember the last time I saw someone with a box mod and a RDA, it was two months ago. I remember so well because it was such a rare occurrence.

57chilicat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 3, 2011
    McKinney, TX
    All I can say is that I recently got a Provari 2.5 mini off of the classies and I am extremely impressed. The build quality has me convinced that this mod will last a very long time. I don't need anything over 10 to 15w so it has worked well for me.
    It took me a long time to finally give this mod a try but I am really happy I did!

bluecat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Lol you guys still back in yesterday vaping, not hobbyist, just a normal day at the vape shop.

Its todays market not a hobbyist mode vaping anymore these plug and play subtanks need power and at 20 watts they barely produce vapor of course you can buy the RTA for them but thats uber advanced and us advanced vapers usually vape over 30 watts. Not a urination contest its reality of today in vaping..

Say whatever you want its not happening where people would choose a 20 watt elder device over a 40-200 watt TC mod at lower costs and exceptional durability..

Provape is probably most definitely gonna release a new mod with higher power you betcha but until then they are under powered for todays bigger market..

Not really. BMS represent a small market of vaping. Usually the enthusiast. What you probably find is that the largest market is gas station cigalikes. Unless cigalikes go up to 40 watts, most of the market would be in the tootlepuff range. I like 8.5 watts. I also own a dna 40 chip and probably a 200 watt here soon. Battery life is incredible at that spot.

Go ahead and chuck your storm clouds. I prefer the rolling clouds over the still prarie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread