What kind of nic level is around the same as a roll up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
How much are you smoking, and what vape stuff do you have? That'll help to get you in the ballpark.
I literally have 1 - 3 tight roll ups a day, id say less than a gram in each... i have my dicodes no 3 and a few attys, no juice though! But fortunatley there's a vape shop right next door to my house

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
i went back to smoking for a few months as vaping just weren't doing it for me... but i still have all my gear and am determined to give it a second shot, ain't got a clue what nic level i should go on though.

Hi Nathan,
Welcome back.
Fill your tanks with 12mg/ml (1.2%) for day to day and have one tank with 18mg/ml for emergencies.

Cheers
I

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If the attys are mtl type, I'd go with 12 mg. If DL (I don't remember how high that Dicodes goes) then 6mg? Bottom line is you want enough nic to really suppress the craving while not making yourself feel sick.

Se what happens when you're a slow typist? What they said.

Only thing I can add is if you can get a bottle of 18 or even more nic, and a bottle of the same flavor in 0 mg nic, you can mix down to whatever amount feels best without diluting the flavor itself.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
If the attys are mtl type, I'd go with 12 mg. If DL (I don't remember how high that Dicodes goes) then 6mg? Bottom line is you want enough nic to really suppress the craving while not making yourself feel sick.

Se what happens when you're a slow typist? What they said.

Only thing I can add is if you can get a bottle of 18 or even more nic, and a bottle of the same flavor in 0 mg nic, you can mix down to whatever amount feels best without diluting the flavor itself.
yeah cheers mate, feel proper daft for going back to smoking lol, but it is what it is.... won't do it again

mountaingal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Tennessee and ports on the East Coast
Somewhere on here is a thread about that. As I remember it was about 24mg/ml for a full flavored cig and about 12mg/ml for a light cig. But, that was back when we only had ego-c gear with only a 5watt max battery. The hardware has changed so much that it may not fly anymore. I vape at 20mg/ml and 18w. Others would experience nic overload on that juice. If you are not feeling satisfied, go up in the nic.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
i went back to smoking for a few months as vaping just weren't doing it for me... but i still have all my gear and am determined to give it a second shot, ain't got a clue what nic level i should go on though.
You might read through some of the threads here. Aroma Ejuice

Not everyone needs WTA but for those of use that do, it's a Godsend.

I add 10% WTA into a bottle of unflavored mixed to 6mg/ml (my normal strength). A few hits hear and there through out the day does wonders for my disposition. The calming effect (for some of us) is the same as smoking a cigarette, although it does take a few minutes to kick in.

Ragnar94

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2016
You might read through some of the threads here. Aroma Ejuice

Not everyone needs WTA but for those of use that do, it's a Godsend.

I add 10% WTA into a bottle of unflavored mixed to 6mg/ml (my normal strength). A few hits hear and there through out the day does wonders for my disposition. The calming effect (for some of us) is the same as smoking a cigarette, although it does take a few minutes to kick in.
Looks good mate might have to give it a try, not fussed about flavours, just not a very nice feeling isit when you get withdrawals, you start feeling sick, hunger sort of sensation etc...

Reactions: Rickb119

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Looks good mate might have to give it a try, not fussed about flavours, just not a very nice feeling isit when you get withdrawals, you start feeling sick, hunger sort of sensation etc...
Note that you can have a lot of withdrawals from all the other crap that you get from cigarettes.

The nicotine thing is only a small part of the addiction, and your system can react to not being poisoned from all this other crap.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I will add that WTA is helping me get over the really worst of the cravings.... I don't vape it all the time, but I do use a small amount when I need it. I was skeptical about how much difference it makes, though I do want to get to just nic no alkaloids all the time, as I'm able. I REALLY try to save it for when I need it, and I was pretty shocked at the effect difference, though.

I'd agree on starting low nic (I started too high for what I was using at the time, a pretty powerful sub-ohm tank) and it messed me up, actually, as I couldn't really vape enough to satisfy my cravings, and would cough, and my throat seize up when I did. I do better with less wattage and a small, MTL non-sub ohm tank. I'm experimenting with nic on that, and currently using between 12-16 m.g. (I will mix diff flavors... at diff nic strengths). I don't know if this is good or bad, but yesterday was smoke free day #!. You're kind of complicated as rollies are probably stronger than your average cig (depending on what tobacco you use) have no filter, but it sounds like you aren't smoking that many.... You'll probably have to experiment.

Anna

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am sure that the high wattage with sub ohm tanks are great for some folks but I fear that they are too much for one just starting out trying to get off smokes. This is where I think the pod mods will play a big role just as the cig-a-likes did back when I first started on this journey.

I smoked for 45+ years and had I jumped right into the high wattage with sub ohm tanks I fear that I would still be smoking. By starting out with a cig-a-like I had none of the coughing, sore throats, burning lungs I see reported here every day. I personally think we need to crawl then walk before we start running.

Folks that have evolved into the high wattage with sub ohm tanks are doing a disservice to those just starting out when they tell them to skip all the steps and just jump into the deep end. I personally think low wattage, MTL, high nic (18 or higher) is the best way to start. as always, JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread