What Should I Get? Next Step!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there,

I bought a cigalike kit a few weeks ago so far I enjoyed the experience. Now I would like to pass to the next level, I heard the ego-type battery is the way to go. But which one should I get?

Also about the head piece, I heard atomizers produce better flavoring than the other devices. But I need to constantly drip e-juice into their coil so I can continue to vape. I'm not a heavy vapor so it might not be a huge hassle.

Any way I would like to hear a few opinions, possibly a few product recommendations. Thanks

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
jump up one more step and check out the SVD ( Fasttech) its durable reliable and not expensive ( I have one and its going on 2 yrs) but you will need some 18650 batteries and a charger.... the wife liked the Ego style but she went thru 5 of them and by the time the money was spent on 5, she could have had 4 SVD's or 1 SVD and 2 new pairs of shoes... :)

smkfree

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
oak lawn il
My second step is a few Ego 1100mah batteries and the Kanger T3s tanks. All works pretty good. Batteries have a good life and the tanks hold 2.4ml of juice. Cost is not very much and tanks use replacement coils at about $1.00 each. This has worked for a good 8 months. Now at home I got an Istick 50w and use the same T3s tanks so far. I chain vape and switch flavors often. The Istick 50w keeps a charge for 1 1/2 to 2 days. I don't plan on sub-ohm but like the battery life.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like the iStick just because it's compact, powerful, variable, fits in a pocket and doesn't fire inadvertently. I vape a Tobeco Kayfun 4, but if you aren't into winding your own coils the Nautilus Mini is a good next step.

I have a Provari V2, a Sigelei Zmax, an iStick 20W, and an iStick 50W. I use them all at one time or another, but I like the iStick 50W when I'm out of the house just because it has 2 18650 batteries with a combined 4400mah power rating. I can get two days on a charge. No more carrying extra batteries or a charger around. If it does start to get low I just plug it into the USB port in my pickup and continue on while it charges. Around the house when it's charging I just use the Provari or the other iStick.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
iStick 30W (2400 mah) or iStick 50W (4400 mah) both have internal batteries (pass thru charging) and both can be used for growth into sub ohm tanks (2 steps ahead). As far as tanks I would recommend the Aspire Nautilus (5ml) or Nautilus Mini (2.5 ml) with BVC (bottom vertical coils). Great flavor, easy to use.

Nautilus Mini on both a Spinner 2 (eGo style) and the 50W iStick.

My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

Reactions: thetrucker

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
I would recommend a 30w mod with an aspire nautilus or nautilus mini tank. The iStick 30w has an internal battery as where the ipv mini, sigelei mini, and cloupor mini, or even a dna30 (all 30 watt mods) require an 18650 sized battery. I just say 30 watts would be a good next step because it allows you to step up to sub ohm tanks & rda's if you get a little more involved in vaping.

Reactions: dhood

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
Well, it Seems the OP was actually asking for an EGo type unit NOT an APV.

OP if you just wanted to Make Do and have something that will serve you well as a good start, this is what I'm using now. The only caveat is that with
just 3.7 V you want to try and stay with 50/50 pg/vg juice.

https://slimvapepen.com/kanger-tech-evod-starter-kit/

Having 2 full setups for 2 batteries and 2 different juices is working well for me. My whole 2 pen set was about $42 shipped. Here it is even cheaper and
in the US.

Unisex Heated Rider Sports Vest-Black | Blazewear USA Sorry the link is mislabeled. It's actually
for a 2 pen EVOD kit for $26 shipped.

You might get a little better vape off the newer dual coil EVOD and that kit is only $4 more than the one above that only uses single coils.

STARTER KITS - EVOD 2 Starter Kit - Vape Super Saver

I almost suggested a 2 pen EGo type spinner kit where you can adjust the voltage a little. Problem is, the 2 pen starter kits there are over $50.

It depends on how much you want to spend. You'll do fine with the EVOD 2 kit for $30. If you could spend around $65, I'd go with the IStick 30, 2 of the ILeaf
GS Air tanks and a 10 pack of coils.

You'll probably want the IStick a few months after using the EVOD but the EVOD 2 would get you going to pretty cheaply.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have 3 iSticks, 1 Vamo, 2 subtank nano and 2 mini nautilus.

Everything else is either mechanical or rebuildable for the dark days ahead.

If you are in Europe, you need to buy any tank over 2ml BEFORE 2016, as from then on, they will not be on sale.

- - -

Just so you know. NO liquid over 20mg. NO tanks over 2ml.

Buy now and hope we can still get liquid from next year. :)

OcalaFlGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2015
Ocala, Fl
OP the reason I suggest the 2 stick kits or the 2 GS Airs is that way you can keep 2 different juices loaded all the time and switch at will.

Less chance of you getting burned out on one juice and/or vape tongue.

The EVOD kits that come with 7 coils (2 in the units, 5 spares) will keep you from having to buy coils for close to a couple months anyway.

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A Good Starter's Setup for a Beginner Vaper

Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder

OP, you have several options open to you. You could advance from beginner cigalikes to the intermediate eGo setup, or skip those and get a regulated APV ("mod"). Would you be more comfortable vaping on a cigar-sized pen or can you accept using a device that is somewhat larger and box-shaped?

The regulated box mods will have more power than the eGo batteries; you may not need that extra power now, but most people eventually want more power and/or longer battery time between charges.

The juice delivery device on top of the battery device actually has more to do with your vaping experience than does the battery. Might as well get one of the better ones (usually more expensive, too) with adjustable air flow and one which accepts replacement coil heads.

Reactions: Jordan Alexo

BluesPower

Feb 15, 2015
South Central PA
iStick 30W (2400 mah) or iStick 50W (4400 mah) both have internal batteries (pass thru charging) and both can be used for growth into sub ohm tanks (2 steps ahead). As far as tanks I would recommend the Aspire Nautilus (5ml) or Nautilus Mini (2.5 ml) with BVC (bottom vertical coils). Great flavor, easy to use.

Nautilus Mini on both a Spinner 2 (eGo style) and the 50W iStick.

My%20Vape%202%20007_zpst1e620rm.jpg

Good advice. Trust me, get an iStick, you'll love it. I ...... away so much money with eGO batteries and low end clearomisers. An iStick 30 and a Nautilus Mini is a very nice combo.

StarreLabelle

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2014
Texas, Near Randolph Air Force Base
Hey there,

I bought a cigalike kit a few weeks ago so far I enjoyed the experience. Now I would like to pass to the next level, I heard the ego-type battery is the way to go. But which one should I get?

Also about the head piece, I heard atomizers produce better flavoring than the other devices. But I need to constantly drip e-juice into their coil so I can continue to vape. I'm not a heavy vapor so it might not be a huge hassle.

Any way I would like to hear a few opinions, possibly a few product recommendations. Thanks
A friend that wanted to begin vaping decided on a Kanger Subtank Nano paired with an iStick 30watt kit, and this was after she tried my various devices. She ordered them from Sweet-Vapes on Monday, paid about $65, and has already received the order.
Just be sure to set the iStick down to about 15watts, if you go too high it'll probably be too intense. You can gradually increase wattage if you need to.

Sarasotared

Feb 26, 2015
Sarasota fl
I've been vaping for 2 mths. Started cigs likes (g6 halo) for 2 wks then bought an evod starter kit but hated the evod clearomizer and used a kanger t2 and iclear16. The draw felt move like smoking to me. After a month I've moved onto 2 istick50 w mini nautilus and gs air. I don't know if I could have gone straight from cigs likes to stick.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I've been vaping for 2 mths. Started cigs likes (g6 halo) for 2 wks then bought an evod starter kit but hated the evod clearomizer and used a kanger t2 and iclear16. The draw felt move like smoking to me. After a month I've moved onto 2 istick50 w mini nautilus and gs air. I don't know if I could have gone straight from cigs likes to stick.

You did not like the looser draw on the Evods? That is a big reason I like them. Straight lung hits work ok on them. the only complaint I have with them is the dinky little window which is a pain since I vape no colored juice.

Sarasotared

Feb 26, 2015
Sarasota fl

Sarasotared

Feb 26, 2015
Sarasota fl
I like the evods now but I think there is a transition from the tight draw of smoking to vaping. If I went straight to evod with the loose draw I may have gone back to cigs. I felt I was sucking air. I actually went back to my cigalikes until I found the t2 and iclear($2.50). After a month in those I guess I've transitioned to more of a vapor :)

Reactions: Puff2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread