What's In Your Coil Build Tool Kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA
Precision screwdrivers, Alan key, hook nose hemostats, wire cutters, 26g kanthal, wicking, tasting wicking, collapsible embroidery scissors, Igo-W+ (for tasting), the coil jig sits on my desk right now.
f89cada20eede66b5619dc0dd7e56a99.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
26/29/32 gauge spools of Kanthal, tweezers, toenail clippers for cutting wire, couple of keychain screwdrivers that came with my Kayfun Lites, crapload of the little blue screwdrivers that come with everything, Coil Master, my old hand drill I used to wrap with that now has a paperclip in it for when I want to do twisted wire, pliers, several jewelers screwdrivers to install the coils, allen wrench for my Bonsai's posts, a Stanley flathead screwdriver for when the internals of my Kayfun 4s come apart on their own, a couple of hook thingys used for knitting for placing cotton wick in my RDAs, some scissors I accidentally kept from the ex's makeup bag that seem to cut cotton better than anything Ive used, and an old toothbrush to clean coils when I dry burn..

Think theres still a bunch of old used coils floating around in the bottom too, I have no idea why I ever saved em but ya never know if a new build is gonna suck and you just want the old one back hehe.

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
kanthal = 24, 22 gauge (also have 28 and 26, but I only use these when doing some kind of more complicated wire)
nichrome = 24 gauge
(100 foot spools)

large bag of japanese cotton squares
2mm screwdriver
good wire clippers (not toenail clippers)
good screw drivers, hex wrenches (not little blue screwdrivers that come with everything)
good needle nose pliers
good hairdressing scissors

and tons of other stuff. But the above listed are the only things that I use every time I am building.

LilWhiteClouder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Nail clippers, needle nose pliers, cuticle pusher, a screwdriver, paper clips, 14g syringe needle, artistic wire coiling gizmo...

Debating on getting a flush wire cutter....

I saw someone using the flush wire cutters so I thought I needed them and, honestly, they come in handy. But, while waiting for them in Vapemail, I learned to use the nail clippers and stress breaks with efficiency. The flush snips really help to get under a coil to snip a positive leg on four post decks.

I mainly use a cheap small screwdriver set (3mm - 1.4mm), tweezers, toe nail clippers, small sewing scissors, and a multiuse pair of pliers (needle nose). Ohm meter, multimeter and intelicore i2 batt charger on hand at all times.
I have various types of wicking: Japanese Cottons, Raw Texas Cotton, Cotton Bacon v2, Silica Rope.
And a couple of types, in various sizes, of wire:
Nichrome 80 - 22, 26 & 28 gauge
Kanthal A1 - 24, 26, 28, 30

At times i will use a drill, large and small pliers, various screwdrivers, push pins and the tools that come with the rda/rta/rba kits.

I use laptop computer boxes with foam inserts to hold juices and mods and a compartmentalized tackle box for all of the vape tools.

abn75

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
mobile, al, United States
Hum i only have a small kit, the kuro coiler with 2.5 and 3 mm bit, three blue screw drivers, precision needle nose pliers, wire cutter, tweezers, scissor, small dental pick, small bag of rayon and a roll each of 24 and 26 gauge kanthal. Plus ohm meter of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
I was going to purchase a coil master kit for $40, but I just saw that kit that Paramaniac413 is using for abt $27 on Ebay. Probably jst get that, then a Mandrel or precision Screwdrivers, but do I need that if I buy some Coil jigs (pic below)
I tried looking up what r the most comon used Tools, but all everyone said was Kanthal & Cotton!!! So this post is helpful, proly dont need as much Crap as I thought

I bought an Ohm meter, but I just realized it doesn't have Instructions, so I haven't Figured out how to use the Volt Meter on it...

I really wished there was a Tool check off list !

c523c03129217c1df96abe38841a22f6.jpg

Monotremata

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Fontana, CA
monotremata.bandcamp.com
$40?? You can get them anywhere from like $13-20!! If you get it, you really won't need anything else. I haven't touched my drill bits since I got my Coil Master. Took me like 30 seconds to wrap a new coil for my Magma this morning. I got mine for like $12 but I'm pretty sure its a knock off. Mines one of the ones that came in a box, but the actual Coil Master website shows it comes in a blister pack, and with a bag to keep it all in.

But then again RBA Supplies, who are supposed to be one of Coil Masters legit sellers has pics of the boxed ones too so who knows..

Vaping in NYC

May 11, 2015
No, I mean the entire Kit, Not just the coil Jig Winding thingy, that alone I know cost $12...

I think it gets confusing 1 is da CoiI Master ($12) and the other CoilMaster DIY Kit ($50) and the $12 kit is included in the expensive set.........

The entire coilMaster DIY Kit is $40 - $50
Here's what it comes with.
Introducing the Coil Master DIY Kit. Everything you need for all your rebuilding needs.
With the Coil Master DIY Kit you will be making perfect coils in no time.

The Coil Master DIY Kit includes the following:
1. 1 x PU/EVA ZIP Tool Case to store all your tools
2. 1 x Niddle-nose pliers
3. 1 x Flush cutter pliers
4. 1 x Ceramic Tweezer (T1) so you can fire your coils while squeezing to perfection.
5. 1 x Pen Style Screwdriver kit
6. 1 x Elbow Tweezer (T3) to make all your adjustments.
7. 1 x Plastic Parts Box to store all your spare parts for atomizers
8. 1 x Ohm Meter to measure the resistance of your atomizers
9. 1 x Stainless steel scissors to trim your wicking material.
10. 1 x Pouch to store your Coil Master Coiling Kit.
11. 1 x Coil Master Coiling Kit to build those perfect coils every time

- See more at: Coil Master DIY Kit - Coil Master

Attachments

• coil-master-diy-kit.jpg
    coil-master-diy-kit.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread