What's the best vaping device out there so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanielFT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
SX Mini M-Class is the best IMO. I have a strong feeling that the crown for best low cost mod is about to go to the ipv D2 - as small as a cloupor mini but from a much better manufacturer and with YiHi guts, can't go wrong!

Also Innokin have made some bold claims about their upcoming iTC device, claims to have the most accurate and reliable temp control so far which works with all wire including Kanthal, if it deliver's it'll be a show stopper

Taowulf

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2014
Bend OR
There is no "best" device.
"Best" is a subjective term.

There is a huge difference between any regulated device and a mechanical mod.
It will a depend on how you vape, and your knowledge level.

Do some more research before jumping the gun.
If you understand how each type of device works, you'll be able to make a better choice.

This is the real deal right here.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
North Carolina
I could get behind the iPV D2 if it had an integrated atomizer like the eGrip. I am strongly opposed to having an atomizer sitting on top of a box mod though. They're obtrusive and too easily broken. My ideal mod would be an eGrip or something similar with a good Yihi chip. Whether uses premade coils or an RBA base is less important than the form factor and vapor production.

Reactions: DPLongo22

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I've used nothing but REO's for over 4.5 years. They've adapted over that time from 510 and 306 atomizers to cartos and then to sub-ohm RBA's. They've been simple to maintain and reliable and over the long haul, and have cost very little per day to own. They have an enthusiastic and helpful user base, and Rob provides the best customer service you will find anywhere. Hard to ask for more than that.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I don't believe there is ONE mod that does everything. At home I used a variety of devices, depending on my mood: ProVaris, Reos, Mechincals (Gus Kiss, Poldiac, bOd Meca) and a Diver2 in a carto tank. Each one has it's strong and weak points. However, when I go out I always have a ProVari in my purse and a Reo mini in the car for back-up. I take the ones most likely to withstand accidents.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I don't believe there is ONE mod that does everything. At home I used a variety of devices, depending on my mood: ProVaris, Reos, Mechincals (Gus Kiss, Poldiac, bOd Meca) and a Diver2 in a carto tank. Each one has it's strong and weak points. However, when I go out I always have a ProVari in my purse and a Reo mini in the car for back-up. I take the ones most likely to withstand accidents.

Where's Bobo?

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
You need to learn about resistance and all things related with it. Otherwise you are in danger. I am not a pro by all means but I have made my research when I start into vaping. First gear was aerotank with vamo which is a safe combination.
Once I understand how to build, how to calculate, then I bought some mech mod, RDA, and RTA to play with them to get better understanding. Now, I ditch all my mechs and stay with VV/VW.... My friend got an unlockable mech on his bag and it was somehow firing (although he already loosened the battery thread, but it might not be enough).... It must have firing for quite a while until it is explode... Lucky that he used good IMR cells and he was okay...

I am still not happy with my Smok M80 since Li-Po battery with parallel build has been reported in several fire incidents. Check the explosion of Li-Po batteries.... I have bought LiPo bag but I also saw videos where the LiPo bag (at least the cheaper version similar to the one that I bought) might not survive it. Another great advice is to make a compartment from Cookies Tin, you drill holes on them for venting and air circulation... My only doubt is that if ever there's an explosion / fire when charging the mod, whether the lid will stay closed or will burst open because of the pressure.... If it is open, then it will be useless.

Don't leave your battery unattendance while charging is very hard to do.... I forgot my mod while it is charging the whole time and disconnect probably in the morning. So, they were being charged overnight.

At the moment, I am thinking to go back to single battery mod and put IMR on it.... I think IMR might be a much safer bet.

holy shi.....I didn't know it can explode the battery. Looks like I'll be getting a non-mech for safety measures.

Edit: Just googled about it and HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII !!! I will never buy a mech ever again...since I'm a complete idiot with engineering, wiring, and electric. Have no idea what Ohm is really.

Thanks Bad Ninja, I think you just saved my face from being blow off.

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Been looking as I needed a good present after a lot of research and borrowing friends various setups I'll be buying whatever sx mini version is around when I'm buying really didn't want to give my friend his m class back after using it for one weekend the thing was just so easy to use and best consistent vape I've had made it a no brainer for me.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Yihi SX Mini M Class if you have the budget.....

I'm not convinced of that. I think the Liasimo chip in the Snow Wolf 200W will give the SX Mini M Class a real run for it's money.

First off, it's dual battery, but size wise it's only slightly larger. If you use dual batteries on the SX Mini M Class it's both larger and far uglier.
The Snow Wolf is at LEAST as accurate in temperature control mode, possibly more accurate.
The Snow Wolf will fire up to 70W in Temperature Control mode while the SX Mini is limited to 50W.
The Snow Wolf can do 150W without pulsing, 200W with pulsing. The SX Mini is limited to 60W with a single battery.

And the Snow Wolf is FAR easier to use. No convoluted menus, no figuring out Joules, none of the hassle of setting up to use. Put your atty on and it asks if it's a New Atomizer. Press Up for yes, and it auto-detects the coil and auto-selects Watt or Temperature Control for you. Then you simply adjust the watts or temperature up or down. That's it, that's all there is to it. If you want to switch mods you press both the Up and Down button together and it switches modes. Easy.

None of the press two buttons together to detect the atomizer, then press this button 3 times to get in the menu, then press this button twice to get to Joules mode, then press this button to set the temperature, then press this button to lock your settings, blah blah blah. Pop the atty on, press up once, press up or down to get the desired setting you want, and start vaping.

AND it's $50 cheaper than the SX Mini M Class.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
I'm not convinced of that. I think the Liasimo chip in the Snow Wolf 200W will give the SX Mini M Class a real run for it's money.

First off, it's dual battery, but size wise it's only slightly larger. If you use dual batteries on the SX Mini M Class it's both larger and far uglier.
The Snow Wolf is at LEAST as accurate in temperature control mode, possibly more accurate.
The Snow Wolf will fire up to 70W in Temperature Control mode while the SX Mini is limited to 50W.
The Snow Wolf can do 150W without pulsing, 200W with pulsing. The SX Mini is limited to 60W with a single battery.

And the Snow Wolf is FAR easier to use. No convoluted menus, no figuring out Joules, none of the hassle of setting up to use. Put your atty on and it asks if it's a New Atomizer. Press Up for yes, and it auto-detects the coil and auto-selects Watt or Temperature Control for you. Then you simply adjust the watts or temperature up or down. That's it, that's all there is to it. If you want to switch mods you press both the Up and Down button together and it switches modes. Easy.

None of the press two buttons together to detect the atomizer, then press this button 3 times to get in the menu, then press this button twice to get to Joules mode, then press this button to set the temperature, then press this button to lock your settings, blah blah blah. Pop the atty on, press up once, press up or down to get the desired setting you want, and start vaping.

AND it's $50 cheaper than the SX Mini M Class.

frankly I haven't look at snow wolf but you got me interested. I am a bit hesitate with more dual batteries mod because the news of the danger of explosion... but I am not the most technical person for this either. I own a smok m80 and so far it is doing fine but I read somewhere in England it cause house burnt

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Nothing more dangerous about dual batteries than a single battery as far as using it goes.

It's other aspects, such as poorly wired and soldered charger ports, using the wrong amp charger with on-board charging, things like that that are potentially dangerous. For example, the IPV4 can have real problems if you use anything other than a 9V 2A charger. Plus I'm not entirely convinced there is a safe way to recharge dual batteries wired in a series. You have to pass the current through battery 1 to charge battery 2, and unless the recharging has it's own separate wiring there is almost no way to avoid overstressing battery 1 to get battery 2 fully charged.

But the Snow Wolf doesn't have onboard charging which eliminates that issue entirely. Some might see that as a downside, but I view the lack of onboard charging in a dual battery series mod as a wise choice.

If you're at all interested in it you should watch this.

I was originally set on buying an IPV4. But once those came out and some of it's shortcomings became apparent I had pretty much changed my mind and decided to splurge and get the SX Mini M Class instead. Then I was in a B&M and saw and got to play with the Snow Wolf and the SX Mini myself, and I'm definitely getting the Snow Wolf now. It doesn't have some of the "features" that are found in the SX Mini menus, in fact it doesn't have an actual menu at all, but it worked great, is more powerful and more flexible, is FAR easier to use, and with dual batteries I could make it through the work day without having to carry spares.

The only real downside that I can see is the fact that the front plate is glass. You wouldn't want to drop it and have the glass shatter. However, I carry a phone that costs more than twice as much that has a glass touchscreen and in the 3+ years I've used it I haven't broken or scratched the glass. Still, for someone who does drop their mod on occasion that is something they may want to consider before buying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Ninja

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
Actually i would advise extreme caution when reading anything i post about , as far as vaping knowledge , well , i don't have any to be honest , i'm very lucky i figured this thing out enough to get it to vape like it does.

Flavor is just outstanding to me , hopefully you will find it as enjoyable as i do.
Actually i would advise extreme caution when reading anything i post about , as far as vaping knowledge , well , i don't have any to be honest , i'm very lucky i figured this thing out enough to get it to vape like it does.

Flavor is just outstanding to me , hopefully you will find it as enjoyable as i do.

Just a follow-up ... I took the KFV4 with a 1.2 Ω coil and the vape is nice at 11-12w. It isn't really warm, but I like a cooler vape. The KFV4 is great, but a bit drier vape, imo.

I've been trying a few of other flavor RTAs (Taifun GT2, Rose V2s, Eviva-T and Ataman v1) and ... to me at least ... the flavor is stronger (in a good way) in the Eviva-T and Ataman. Again, I don't crank up the watts - staying below 14w for the most part.

Remember, taste is subjective - if the device you use works for you, that should be all that matters.

Best Regards,
F2V

Freedom2Vape

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2015
Texas
I could get behind the iPV D2 if it had an integrated atomizer like the eGrip. I am strongly opposed to having an atomizer sitting on top of a box mod though. They're obtrusive and too easily broken. My ideal mod would be an eGrip or something similar with a good Yihi chip. Whether uses premade coils or an RBA base is less important than the form factor and vapor production.
I can't agree. With an integrated atomizer, you are limited to what the manufacturer decides for how the atomizer should work. People are different and have different objectives. Some like it hot (some like it not), some want clouds, while others want flavor. Some atomizers work great for certain flavors and not so great on others. Do you build this device with an RBA or premade coils? There isn't a one size fits all - or at least I haven't found one.... Variety is the spice of life, imo - your mileage may vary.

Best Regards,
F2V

Reactions: DPLongo22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread