Whats the deal with PROVARI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
lots of peeps complain about the lack of vw but provape said they have no plans to add it, with sales through the roof they dont care either. im not a 100% provari fanboy as i would like to see some minor changes but I own a couple of them and will never try to deny the superior build quality even though I have a couple mods I like better.
here try this link :D
APV Model Specific Discussion

If you just want to vape, without worrying if the mod will last, want the vape to stay consistent, and dont need all the fancy features there is still no better mod then provari, (china keeps trying though)

as for the voltage output the only thing better then the provape pwm is pure dc like a mech

how about evolv? i was under the impression that provape & evolv both hold top rank when it comes to regulated.

m3lov3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Seattle, Wa
So here is what we have:
Build quality, warranty, customer service and simplicity.
Just my speculation but I haven't heard allot of other cheap mods fail.
I have had my MVP2 almost 2 months now. I know that's not long but it works great, has all the features and has long run times.

In the end if you have a Provari thats cool.
If you have a affordable Chinese mod cool.

Whatever fits your budget and makes you happy.

For now my "Honda" is making me happy.
Cheers!

Last edited:

Criticalmass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
So here is what we have:
I have had my MVP2 almost 2 months now. I know that's not long but it works great, has all the features and has long run times.
While it seems Provari owners have a great product I know spending around $200 hurts the wallet, but it also seems like you have to justify your purchase by defending it. Sorry just my speculation.

Cheers!

Oh I think it is over-priced by about 100% The mark-up on these devices is just as high as some liquid vendors I'll bet (between 100-400% over cost), with a few notable exceptions.

All it would take is for a company like SONY, PANASONIC, or even some of the third-tier electronics brands to come in and make a device. It would be better built, lighter, you wouldn't have to remove the battery for charging, would have most if not all the features, and be guaranteed to last a year.

The funny thing is that the device would be made right along side all these cheap-poorly conceived-corner-cutting devices we have now, but the QC would be top notch because those big-name companies know how to bend the Chinese to their will over QC. :)

And they could do it between $65.00 - $110.00 and bring the E-cig into the main-stream because they are mass producing on a large scale. They could literally wipe out all these low-quality devices in about 3-4 months time with the higher-quality higher-priced devices taking about a year or so to die off unless they decided to come down to earth about their R&D and pricing policies.

This won't happen until the Feds give their stamp of approval, the regulations are in place, etc. The big companies are waiting for that to happen, but they are watching and are probably spending some R&D capital on designs as I type this. a brand new market that no-one else has been able to tap yet with reasonable prices, build quality, and warranty. If these Chinese companies want to stay in the game, they are going to have to get their act together or it may be all-over for them very soon. Provari will last a good deal longer, but in the end their business will wane and their prices will have to come down and they will have to be willing to spend a lot more on R&D to keep up.

Ford didn't invent the car, but they did invent the low-priced quality built car produced on an assembly line that caused the car and the combustible engine to go mainstream because Joe down the street could now afford one.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
From everything I have read it comes down to build quality, warranty, customer service, and a "must have" mentality about the product that was inspired by early adopters.

I wasn't aware the military had laid down rules for designing and constructing an e-cigarette. Sounds like marketing to me. :)

Military design rules/spec are a manufacturing process in which products meet standards far higher than what is considered good manufacturing processes and acceptable specs. For instance, at work we make an armored diesel fuel line for the military. The core is hand checked when extruded; we then braid it in wire, then it gets 2 layers of Kevlar weave re-inforcing, then sheath it in urethane, then pressure test it to 2.5 X working PSI. Our scrap rate is over 30% for this product, because it has to be absolutely perfect. We surpass the DOT specs on this product by a factor of 5.

Same theory applies to a ProVari. It is designed, built and tested to last. I dropped mine from a height of 17 feet. It bounced, landed on its side. Took a little divot out of the bottom cap. It still works as if nothing happened. Try that with a Vamo.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/provape/289525-provari-made-usa.html

Provape Team Interview by Spinfuel Magazine

I have an MVP, too. It's a great mod and I recommend them all the time. It's a great bang for the buck. It's a pretty durably built mod, but nowhere near that of a Provari. It also can't touch my two Provari's in the way they feel in my hand and the vaping experience they give. The Provari's processor allows for a smoother vape. Not everyone will notice this, but I do. That is why my Provari's are used 95% of the time over my other eight mods. People can not understand this until they actually use and own a Provari.

I find comfort knowing that, in the unlikely event that my Provari would need servicing, Provape will do so for as long as I own one. And have it back to me good as new within a week's time. I've had Chinese made mods fall apart after 2 months and out of warranty support. They were a throwaway and a waste of my hard-earned money.

Provari's are the only regulated mod that is built as durable as a mechanical mod. There are legendary stories of the abuse that Provari's have gone through and continued to work. I've gotten to the point where, when I drop mine I look for the damage it has caused from the impact, not for damage to the Provari.

You won't find a more dependable, consistant, and durable mod that just does what it was designed to do. It doesn't have "bells & whistles" that don't really improve your vape. China would do well to follow Provape's model, but that will never happen. Their motto might as well be, "We build cheap. You buy cheap. It break, you buy another."

The Provari has been the golden standard of regulated mods for 3 years running. Many manufacturers have attempted to unseat it, but all have failed. For being such a small company, Provape has made an exceptional product and delivers unmatched customer service.

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
So here is what we have:
While it seems Provari owners have a great product I know spending around $200 hurts the wallet, but it also seems like you have to justify your purchase by defending it. Sorry just my speculation.

Cheers!

it comes down to the simple fact that the provari will last much much longer than a cheap mod. if you plan on vaping for more than a year, its worth buying a device that will last.

ive been vaping for just over 2 years and ive killed a vamo and a box mod, among many egos. a vamo will last 1 year if youre lucky. most likely less, especially if its your main mod. perhaps 6 months. mine lasted me 8 months and it was used about 1/4th of my vape time because i rotated it with my other mods. if it were my only mod, it would have likely been dead in 2 months. thats just all you get from a vamo, on average.

my provari cost me $140 from provape (clearance section). a vamo is about $30. that makes a provari about 4.6 vamos price-wise. those 4.6 vamos will last you *maybe* 2 years, and as little as 9 months. that same provari will last you much longer than that. AND on top of that, youre experiencing a better vape the whole time from the provari. at the end of the day, the vamo type mods are disposable because you wouldn't fix it, the provari is servicable (if you even need it serviced because its not extremely common). its a "long run" purchase. just like if you take the bus everyday. one day youre gonna think enough into the future and just buy a dang bus pass and save yourself some cash and headache.

the choice is yours. whatever you choose, just stay off the smokes.

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
I don't understand all the technical stuff, but here's why I bought one: I was tired of batteries I was using losing power as they wore down. I started with regular egos, and found myself changing them out before the battery was dead because I noticed a large drop in power. So I switched to VV egos. Same loss of power, but I could now turn it up as the battery wore down. This helped, but not much.

On my Provari, I am always surprised when the light starts flashing that the battery is almost done. I haven't noticed a thing. Same great vape as when I put the battery in fresh. This is what I was looking for, and this is what I got. Totally worth the money (to me) for that one thing.

soba1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 27, 2013
Van Nuys Ca., USA
They are almost entirely US manufactured. The only parts that they import are components for the circuit boards and that's only because they aren't made here at all.

As a US citizen I like to buy American when I can.

All of what Thrasher said and this made me feel good about buying a Provari.
Once u start vaping a Provari you will know the difference.
Its worth every penny

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
The ProVari is not infallible. I've had one of mine go in for service twice and getting ready to go in a third time time shortly. Another one has just come back from the ProVape hospital today. Neither of them are a year old yet. All services have, so far, been no charge. This latest, I had mentioned in my email that when the Provari went for the tumble, I had a Vivi nova on it. The nova ended up crooked and needed to be tossed. When I opened the package containing the repaired Provari, there was also a freaking brand new Nova box in with the Provari!!!!

ProVapes customer service goes above and beyond the norm. I have recently ordered my third Provari, just shipped today!!!!!, and I am a very loyal customer.

When my new one arrives, I will be opening a new ticket on my latest BooBoo. I've managed to knock out/break the glass window on my original Provari. This will be its third trip to the ProVape hospital. Yes, the Provari is not infallible, but I KNOW that I can send them in to get repairs done and I get them back as good as new within a week.

Hi, my name is Robin. My nickname is Spazz for a reason. :oops: :)

Signed,

A Loyal ProVari/ProVape Customer

kaztle

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
I got one as my second mod. My first one went haywire within 24 hours of getting it. I was on the fence about dropping that much coin, but it was worth it. I use mine everyday and it takes a decent beating everyday. It just flat out works and is made in the USA. I also know that if something does happen to it, it will be taken care of. It is just a quality product.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
The ProVari is not infallible. I've had one of mine go in for service twice and getting ready to go in a third time time shortly. Another one has just come back from the ProVape hospital today. Neither of them are a year old yet. All services have, so far, been no charge. This latest, I had mentioned in my email that when the Provari went for the tumble, I had a Vivi nova on it. The nova ended up crooked and needed to be tossed. When I opened the package containing the repaired Provari, there was also a freaking brand new Nova box in with the Provari!!!!

ProVapes customer service goes above and beyond the norm. I have recently ordered my third Provari, just shipped today!!!!!, and I am a very loyal customer.

When my new one arrives, I will be opening a new ticket on my latest BooBoo. I've managed to knock out/break the glass window on my original Provari. This will be its third trip to the ProVape hospital. Yes, the Provari is not infallible, but I KNOW that I can send them in to get repairs done and I get them back as good as new within a week.

Hi, my name is Robin. My nickname is Spazz for a reason. :oops: :)

Signed,

A Loyal ProVari/ProVape Customer

Everyone KNOWS you were put on this planet specifically to test the boundaries of ProVari durability, though....lol

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
I think its a bit of owner thing just to say I paid x amounts of pounds / dollars on a provari so its got to be better than what you have its a loads of bull because all the electrics are sourced from china that's the way all the large manufactures work and don't try and say it any other way you guys with your brand name flat screen tvs ipads ipod pcs and so on they are all sourced from china just try to explain why its better than a vamo when probably most of you own one but don't want to say so because you spent silly money on a provari and love how you go on about how they look after their clients i really don't think so i could buy 10 vamos or may be more with what you spend on a provari and would not be worried about taking it out dropping it or anything like that i not saying that it a bad piece of kit but what i wills say is there are a lot of others out there don't jump straight in to buy one when you might find some a lot cheaper that may suit your needs try looking at the SMOK VMAX ZMAX SID ITASTE SVD MVP VTR 134 JOYTEC IVIC THIS IS BUT A FEW and they all are nice mods well made and half the price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread