What's the stupidest thing you did due to vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Letting my mother see them. She is embarrassed that they don't look like cigs and is hounding me to the point where I'm going to cuss her out :(

By the way, she's embarrassed over spinners, an mvp and aerotanks.

Maybe she hurt her back picking up your MVP.

Mine was the SECOND time I plopped a Gripper down into a cup of coffee on the console of the car. The FIRST time I plead ignorance.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
This one is specific to mechanical devices, but just last week I set my mod down on my coffee table and went into the bedroom to fold laundry. I came back out about 15 minutes later to an awful smell in my family room. As it turns out, I had set my mod down unlocked and it auto-fired for 15 MINUTES....What juice was left in my tank got boiled and leaked out the air hole all down the side of the mod. The cotton wick then got completely torched (hence the smell)....the only thing that saved me from a more serious disaster was that I was using a VTC5 battery and had a Kick 2 installed in the mod (set to 10 watts)......Still, I felt like a giant jack......... :facepalm:

Well, you took mine. Just happened Sunday week. Sadly I repeated the move at work on Monday.

Fortunately both times the Tank was full and battery in good shape. Surprisingly, with the Kick at 8w the wick never got damaged.:laugh:
I will be replacing those junk magnets in the Nemesis this week.:glare:

Berylanna

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
south Bay Area, California
www.facebook.com
Well, you took mine. Just happened Sunday week. Sadly I repeated the move at work on Monday.

Fortunately both times the Tank was full and battery in good shape. Surprisingly, with the Kick at 8w the wick never got damaged.:laugh:
I will be replacing those junk magnets in the Nemesis this week.:glare:

Uh-oh. I put things down by reflex ALL THE TIME. Maybe I should sell my King.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
A few years ago I quickly found that a shirt pocket is not a secure place for a 14650 E-Power when bent over working on a toilet.

Welp, since you brought it up...

Don't charge batteries in the bathroom. Or if you are gonna do it, make sure the toilet seat is down when swapping batteries in a spring loaded charger. SPROING! Ploop. :facepalm:

The Cloud Minder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Walking my dog....had my Provari on a lanyard. My dog pooped.....bent over to pick it up w/a bag and the end of my Provari landed end first into it. I now leave my Provari at home while I take the dog out for a walk.

... Um, ... er, ... And you are still using the canid fecal matter tainted Provari then?

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
Ummm,
Join ECF?

Without ECF I would probably been perfectly happy with a pair of VV V3's and a few iclear16's.

Now I own enough juice, mods, PV's wire, wicks, tools, and enough FT heads to drown a penguin.
And waste inordinate amounts of time on some of the most compelling content on the internet.

ECF sucks! (pretty sure I can say that!) Makes me spend time learning stuff, makes me want to buy stuff, makes my fingers and eyes hurt posting messages.

I mean, is there anything worse than being an ECF addict?

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
A few years ago I quickly found that a shirt pocket is not a secure place for a 14650 E-Power when bent over working on a toilet.

Yep, been there done that, only I took it one step further. I "retrieved" said device, and then put it to my mouth, pushed the button to see if it would fire. When I realized what I had just done, I was repulsed and threw it away in shame. Oh, it didn't work, but then it was a cheapo ego, not a Provari.

I tried vaping a 1.21 Giga Watts once. I ended up in 1956 and nearly scored with this chic before I discovered she was my mom. (Turns out mom was a lot easier than she led us to believe. She was a tramp!) 18650 batteries weren't invented yet so I was stuck there for a while until I figured how how to get back. TV sucked back then and the internet hadn't been invented yet so you actually had to talk to people.

And let me guess that you were wearing your Calvin Klein's? And your mom thought Calvin was your name!

Last edited:

Kbennett65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
Northern, Wi, USA
I started with vaping with cigalikes. One day while my attention was distracted I put the cigalike in my mouth, sparked up my lighter and applied the flame to the end. Cue smell of burning plastic combined with the stench of confusion followed by embarrassment. .

Oh yeah, been there and done that. I still occasionally try to .... out my mod out of habit, and I haven't used a cigalike in a long time.

DavidOH

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
Early on I was still using Evods. I was rebuilding the heads. I rebuilt a head then filled it up and put it together. Stuck it on the Ego at the time took a hit and set it down. When I picked it back up haft the juice had leaked out. Turns out I forgot to put the little top cap back on the head. Messy.

One more. I have wooden cup type holder I set my mod in so it don't fall over. When I'm drinking coffee in the morning I've set my Vamo at the time in my cup full of coffee. Pulled it back out before coffee could get inside.

Last edited:

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Another poster was vaping while watching the boob tube. He was dripping and had redripped with the topper capper off..he forgot to put the Cap back on and took a vape and put four red hot coils right on his mouth and lips and tongue. Puts a whole new meaning on getting a warm vape.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread