1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

What's your long lasting Dual Cartomizer you ever had?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Icey, Feb 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Icey

Icey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm trying out various dual cartomizers to determine which is the longest lasting so it doesn't pierce my wallet. Bellow, here's what I've tried most successful:

Cloudsofvapor: Dual Coil Cart (Average life -2weeks+ )

Myvaporstore: Dual Coild Cart (Average life 1-2 weeks-) Affordable but you see why.

2. Eddie.Willers

Eddie.Willers ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Good thread idea but in classifying the carts by supplier you may run into the issue of changes to the upstream supplier/mfr.

You also need to make sure that you are, roughly, comparing like with like in terms of resistance and liquid capacity.

3. Icey

Icey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I see. Good advice, fellow vapor. For resistance, do you mean in terms of air flow resistance?

4. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Electrical resistance

5. Eddie.Willers

Eddie.Willers ECF Wiki SysOp Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Precisely!
    Cartomizers are available in a number of resistances from 1.25 ohms up to 4 or 5 ohms and fractions in between. All will behave differently at the same voltage (obviously) and some will behave differently at different voltages even though the energy consumption (in watts) is the same.

6. djej

djej Senior Member ECF Veteran

It took me a while when I first started vaping that resistance and air draw/tightness were completely different things :). I have found that the ego mega dual coil cartomizer has a slightly tight draw, and it's resistance is 1.5 ohms. They last me about 2 or 3 weeks, and are around 3 dollars, so it's pretty worth it to me.

7. WVvet

WVvet Senior Member ECF Veteran

I also am hooked on the EMDCC but I only get about four days out of them before they gum up even though I do the paperclip thing. So what's your secret? What kind of juice do you use? I use peppermint and it's not real dark.

8. 440BB

440BB Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The juice you use is the biggest variable in my opinion. I use Smoktech XL dual coil stainless 1.5 ohm cartos and get more than a month of daily use at about 1ml/day with Halo Menthol Ice. With thicker and/or darker juices the same carto gets too tight within a couple days and even with cleaning only lasts a couple weeks. I think with any filler-based carto you've got to stick with thinner juices to get maximum life.

9. bruiser

bruiser Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It's been my experience that dark liquids dramatically shorten the life of the EMDCC. I'm sticking with light colored liquids. Normally I get seven to ten days from an EMDCC, sometimes two weeks, but with dark liquids, that gets shortened to two to three days.

10. aubergine

aubergine Ultra Member ECF Veteran

To my mind this question is like asking, "What's the longest lasting pair of underwear you've ever had?".

For God's sake, throw the nasty thing out. :)

11. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dark or thick juices greatly reduce the life of a carto. The coil is the last thing to go. Filler doesn't like thick juices. I find that 100% PG will make a carto last until the taste just begins to go from the coil becoming insulated with dried on juice.

I don't push cartos. When the taste begins to wane or the draw is tight and a paper clip won't open up the air tube, it goes into the trash. I'm a Boge 2.0 carto guy basically, but I've been playing with SS DC cartos lately. They are great right out of the wrapper, but tend to lose flavor and vapor after about 5 days, even with all PG clear juices. If I get a week out of a $2 carto, I'm good and it goes into the trash. I don't see the value in cleaning them after the filler gets a touch of scorch.

If cost is a concern, then there are big discounts in bulk purchases. You just have to decide which one you want to live with enough to buy a box of 50.

12. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Where are the best deals on bulk Boges or Ressurectors?

13. dhomes

dhomes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

for Boges, VaporBeast.com
    bought 50 for $59.99 last week

Wish I could find a good deal on bulk Horizontal Coil XL Kangers though, right now those are my fave

14. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Crystal Clear Vaping has been doing right by me on the 15 carto deals. theyve got boges and resurrectors. resurrector is my favorite. its just over twenty bucks for 15 cartos.

15. Kemosabe

elite vaporworks as well.

16. Kemosabe

oh and to answer the OP, ive put about 25ML through a dual coil before it failed. usually its more like 10ML though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.