Status
Not open for further replies.

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Depends on where your at . Most businesses , set their own regulations , when it pertains to smoking , and vaping . I vape in Walmart (I stealth vape) I don't ask . I can vape in some of my doctors offices , with their permission . But in general , if they don't allow smoking , they probably don't allow vaping . It's because their other customers perceive , that your smoking , not vaping . So rather than try to explain it every 5 minutes . It's easier to just not allow it . Your best bet is to just ask , if it's OK .

Im still pretty stealthy when it comes to vaping in public (i tend to use the old skool "getting away with tobbaco moves" you would use in a club/festival or even on public transport at certain times of the day --- i have found that most people never seem to notice me vapin and if they do ---- well ---- im still waiting to explain vaping to someone in public)

however so far i've vaped:

On The Bus & Tube
Nandos
& my parents house (bathroom of course hehe)

Im only a 4 week old vapesmen so i still got a few things to experience (like vaping on a flight) :)

FreeFire

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2012
Twin Cities Minnesota
Honestly, you CAN vape where you want...the trick to this of course is vaping openly or stealth. Because vaping looks like smoking, many people, especially those who don't smoke find the very "act" of expelling a smoke like substance is offensive. It doesn't matter to them whether it is actual smoke or vapor or pig's farts quite honestly. Look at all the Youtube videos....do you find it "appealing" as some 20 year old something or other takes a huge hit on his pv then blows a plume of vapor at the camera lens....it looks rediculous.

Be discrete. Do you really NEED to vape in public places? I mean, can you go for an hour without "having" to have a drag on something? Really? A little self discipline goes a long way. What will serve the vaping community and the acceptance is for people to have a little class and fortitude to view thier way of life in consideration of others.

I've vaped in people's homes (in the bathroom) as I was staying with them overnight as well as the guest bedroom...not a problem...no odor...no foul, no error. I have a few friends that are so anti-smoking it is unfathomable. Meanwhile, they drink Coke, eat crap and are overweight....then have the audacity to go on and on about the ills of smoking. I've even vaped in the back seat of those friend's cars when they are driving, none the wiser.

The key to vaping in public: Be curtious, be aware of others, don't be offensive and be classy. We live in a society to where smoking (or anything that even resembles it) is taboo. It's ok to have affairs, divorce the love or your life, cheat and steal at work, embrace obesity but God forbid, you heathen, don't you dare smoke. Back in the 60's-70's smoking openly was a way of life...for everyone, smokers or not.

So, I apologize for my rant but in direct answer to your question, be smart about it.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't vape publicly where smoking is not allowed. No reason to - I didn't need to smoke while I shopped for clothes or groceries.

I do vape as a passenger in a car at gas stations. I will sneak a vape in any bathroom whether it's at the inlaws or in a restaurant, hospital, church or synagogue.

I am allowed to vape in my open-door office though I do use eliquids with aromas that don't annoy anyone (they did not like the funky pungent Turkish blends)

And I vape in the car and my fiance's car (where I was not allowed to smoke) and in my house.

Serianna

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2012
San Diego
Everywhere. I haven't been told not to anyplace yet, and its been almost a year now. Starbucks, book stores, grocery stores, malls, wallyworld, target, etc etc etc. And I do it constantly. My PV only leaves my hands if Im sleeping (or if I am typing LOL.)

I don't quite stealth vape, but I do hold in the vapor until when I exhale there is none to see, even at home, since I did analogs that way its just natural for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread