Where to find Everclear (pure ethanol)

Discussion in '"Where can I get a .......?"' started by Cielo, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cielo

Cielo Super Member ECF Veteran

I live in florida so Everclear (pure ethanol) is not available in my state. Is there a vendor that I can order from online and have it shipped here? If not, what else can be used?

2. server4life

server4life Full Member

are you sure you can't get it in florida?? i work at a restaurant in florida and we use everclear to soak sugar for our drinks that are served flambe. i'm not sure where they get it...i think their liquor distributor.

3. ZambucaLu

ZambucaLu ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
  4. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer ECF Guru ECF Veteran

They have Everclear right in the Liquor Stores in Florida. The problem is that some like ABC Liquors and other franchises do not carry it. I buy mine from the Sweetbay Grocery chain stores.

You will not find it in Walgreens liquor either. Try Cash n' Carry as they have it also.

Sun

5. rob33

rob33 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

water, sugar, yeast and a copper still. Yep that will do it.

6. Uncle Pennybags

Uncle Pennybags Super Member ECF Veteran

Some use any clear liquor. Vodka, golen grain, bacardi, ect..

7. Cielo

No wonder i havent found any as I have checked with the major chains such as ABC. I will check with some mom and pop stores, they might just have it. If not then I will use the online shop.

Thanks so very much everyone!

8. Sun Vaporer

No probelm Cielo--you are welcome.

Sun

9. potholerepairman

potholerepairman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    my understanding is you can only get 151 proof everclear in florida.The total wine liquor store in palm beach county has the 151.
    Does anyone know if sweetbay has the 190 proof everclear? That would save me a liquor store run the next time out of state.
    Called the indian reservation never got an answer but thinking they might not want to promote 190 proof eveclear so never drove to the gas station liquor store on rt7/441 in hollywood

10. kjj

kjj Full Member

Maybe someone on this forum that is going to be driving through the area and could pick some up for you.

Minnesota doesn't allow it for sale, but I work right on the Mississippi river, so I popped over to Wisconsin on my lunch break the other day to get mine.

On the other hand, 151 should work just fine for just about anything you would need it for, as long as it is a neutral spirit.

11. Raven1

Raven1 Super Member ECF Veteran

When I asked for Everclear at the state liquor store here in Ohio I got a lot of funny looks and the clerk said he didn't think you could get it here. 110 Vodka works fine for me - that's what I use.

12. Cielo

I found a little mom and pop store that carried the everclear 151%. He said that is the highest they can carry and questioned why i needed it lol. Is the 151% ok to use?

13. Cielo

Bleh, scratch my last question. Thanks for answering!

14. chc

chc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I found some Graves grain alcohol. 95% alc/vol (190 proof) it doesn't say pure on it anywhere just "extra fine". Is this ok to use?

15. Sun Vaporer

I would not think twice about using it--if you can drink it, you can vape it until testing tells us otherwise at this point.

Sun

16. chc

chc Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks Sun

17. Raven1

Raven1 Super Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, I wouldn't trust using anything that you can't eat/drink as well! Really, I don't think it matters what proof alcohol you use (except for the diluted grocery store stuff).

18. Thulium

Thulium Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Here in Oregon all "hard liquor" (basically anything over 20 proof) is limited to sales from Oregon Liquor Control Commission operated stores. 190 proof PGA like Everclear is available, but it is usually kept behind the counter ostensibly because it is a fire hazard. So the lesson is: You might need to ask about it.

19. kjj

kjj Full Member

Alcohol is really only used for two things in the vaping world. One is cleaning, and the other is mixing.

For mixing, you are looking for three qualities: drinkable, neutral, and strong. Drinkable is obvious, I should think. Neutral because you don't want your stuff to taste like whatever booze you are using. And strong because you can then use less of it to get the effect you need. Use 190 if you can get it, but 151 is still 75% ethanol and will work just fine.

For cleaning, you can use the same stuff that you mix with, or you can use isopropyl. Isopropyl has the advantage of being very, very cheap. I got a 16 ounce bottle of 91% for maybe $2 at Walmart, while my liter of everclear was $19.

If you use isopropyl, let stuff dry well before using. A little residue isn't going to kill you, but I would try to minimize it anyway.

20. PaganPaul

PaganPaul Full Member ECF Veteran

Speak for yourself! ;-)
    :evil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.