Status
Not open for further replies.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I've been deserted. My only ally has deserted ship.

Uuh, I still like A7. As my first (also 2nd and 3rd) rba, A7 will always have a special place in my box of vaping stuff. Its indestructibility and leakproofness rivals those of Reos themselves. If I could drill a side of them, I probably wouldn't feel the need to switch to RM2 or Hornet. But I can't, I'm too feeble with my hand drill.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Blix, I use 30 gauge Kanthal and the equivalent of 30 gauge silver so the 1mm x .025 (hole) work well. (My hands just can't handle twisting the wires, even with tweezers or anything else I've tried. Once you get the hang of it the crimp beads are much, much easier. (I found that putting the ends of both wires into the same end of the bead holds the splice more securely, then I just run the NR wire back over the bead and down.

I'd love to have the TSAF but right now I only have two Killers that require NR wire so it's kinda hard to justify it. (I guess I could forget about one of the grand kid's birthday and treat myself.)

Jack

Thanks a lot Jack! There a guy on a UK forum that makes a wire welder for €46, I think I'll go for one one those next pay check. :)

Northernshrink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Bracebridge Ont Canada
Still waiting on a cpl 2.0's to show so I am a little curious how people are finding them compared to the Era based purely on vape ? I definitely prefer the Era over the original Reomizer but between the price and total lack of availability I am hopeing the 2.0 will be the answer. So basically I'm just rambling here until I get my hands on them to compare.........Sowey :)

Gioajack

Resting In Peace
Jul 20, 2012
Conifer, Colorado
Thanks a lot Jack! There a guy on a UK forum that makes a wire welder for €46, I think I'll go for one one those next pay check. :)

Hey, Blix... if you get a chance could you post a link for that guy if he has one? The TSAF looks pretty cool in the videos but I wouldn't mind seeing what else is out there.

Of course if I get a welder I'm going to have to buy a bunch more RBA's that use NR wire just so I can play with it.

This crap never ends!

Jack

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I think the REO is a great looking mod and am intersted in getting one and am curious if a regular genesis type tank RBA can be used on the REO? I have some Smoktek RSST RBAs and cant find anyone that can tell me if they will work on the REO, will they screw down far enough to make a good connection?

Sorry, but I don't know the answer to your question. I'm sure that someone more experienced than I will be along shortly to steer ya right. I do know that in order for the REO to feed the atty it needs to be a bottom feed atty (with a hole in the 510 connector for the juice to go thru). I think I have seen a few posts where people have used adapters and tanks, but that is a less than idea setup. The beauty of a REO is that the "tank" is on the inside.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan
I think the REO is a great looking mod and am intersted in getting one and am curious if a regular genesis type tank RBA can be used on the REO? I have some Smoktek RSST RBAs and cant find anyone that can tell me if they will work on the REO, will they screw down far enough to make a good connection?

RSST is a tank RBA. It won't screw onto a Reo natively, you'd need a 510-510 extention. And even then, it kind of defeats the purpose -- RSST is sealed, so you won't be able to squonk (feed) it. Pretty much you'd be using a Reo as just a battery mod, not a juice delivery system.

markdpman

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
Brighton, Tn.
RSST is a tank RBA. It won't screw onto a Reo natively, you'd need a 510-510 extention. And even then, it kind of defeats the purpose -- RSST is sealed, so you won't be able to squonk (feed) it. Pretty much you'd be using a Reo as just a battery mod, not a juice delivery system.

Thats one way I was going to use it as I am looking for an all mechanical box mod to use the RSST with around the house and use the bottom feed option for going out.

Blix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
Stabekk, Norway
Hey, Blix... if you get a chance could you post a link for that guy if he has one? The TSAF looks pretty cool in the videos but I wouldn't mind seeing what else is out there.

Of course if I get a welder I'm going to have to buy a bunch more RBA's that use NR wire just so I can play with it.

This crap never ends!

Jack

Sorry, I missed your question. It's a guy over at Vape Pit in the UK, and there's no website or anything... :)

Got some ready-made 1.2ohm wires and setup the McARB again and it freaking rocks! Great performance!

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
My cobra tank will not fit on a Reo grand since the catch cup impedes it. Rob does make adaptors that can be used, but it rather defeats the purpose of a Reo. In fact i was rummaging around and none of my tanks will fit on it! Good - cos most of them are annoying anyway, which is why i palmed them off on my Evic-using wife!

T

Treebeard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Downtown Shufunkdeville
My cobra tank will not fit on a Reo grand since the catch cup impedes it. Rob does make adaptors that can be used, but it rather defeats the purpose of a Reo. In fact i was rummaging around and none of my tanks will fit on it! Good - cos most of them are annoying anyway, which is why i palmed them off on my Evic-using wife!

T

From the REO website: Using adapters with any REO mod voids your warrenty . If you are going to use a adapter please don't over tighten the atomizer. If you over tighten your atomizers with a adapter you can short your mod.

Which begs the question from a REO noob like me <---(just ordered a Grand and some attys and a reomizer+fix'ins): why even offer one. Why not just say don't use RBAs (like the RSST) at all.

I'm looking forward to getting in to the bottom feed REO mod world but it seems like it would be cool to be able to have a dual application device. This probably seems silly to some but like I said, I'm a noob just trying to get some REO education before it arrives.

editForgot to ask, will a Cisco HH.357 shorty work on a REO?

Last edited:

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
From the REO website: Using adapters with any REO mod voids your warrenty . If you are going to use a adapter please don't over tighten the atomizer. If you over tighten your atomizers with a adapter you can short your mod.

Which begs the question from a REO noob like me <---(just ordered a Grand and some attys and a reomizer+fix'ins): why even offer one. Why not just say don't use RBAs (like the RSST) at all.

HH-357s work GREAT on a REO. But if you got the Reomizer + fixin's......that will top the 357 hands down. If you already have a 357, use it. But if you're thinking of buying one, I'd wait 'til I tried out the Reomizer. Once you wrap a good coil and use it, you may not want to spend the money on a 357.

Commie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Michigan

I'm looking forward to getting in to the bottom feed REO mod world but it seems like it would be cool to be able to have a dual application device. This probably seems silly to some but like I said, I'm a noob just trying to get some REO education before it arrives.

Two reasons:

1. Some people (incuding myself) want to try new and freaky things. This gives them the right size extention to use on their Reos, at their own risk

2. Rob performs repairs on his mods. If you voided the warranty, Rob gets paid for this work :)

And yep, 357 will work wonderfully on all the Reos, as long as it's not sealed. I'm actually not sure if they even make them sealed. Before the influx of great bottom feeding rebuildables, 357 was one of the top atomizers for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread