White Cloud Flings - Fast Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinstonSmith

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Ohio
I am having some problems with some of the full size flings. While they last quite some time, I am getting some that are not firing properly in that you have to pull with a ridiculous and uncomfortable amount of suction to trigger the auto switch and some times even that won't trigger it and you get nothing. It happens right out of the package so it is not dying battery related. I have had one that was unusable this way and two that were pretty bad...this is out of ten...so that is pretty bad. The ones that work, work well, but the proportion is not turning out well.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
I am having some problems with some of the full size flings. While they last quite some time, I am getting some that are not firing properly in that you have to pull with a ridiculous and uncomfortable amount of suction to trigger the auto switch and some times even that won't trigger it and you get nothing. It happens right out of the package so it is not dying battery related. I have had one that was unusable this way and two that were pretty bad...this is out of ten...so that is pretty bad. The ones that work, work well, but the proportion is not turning out well.

I don't have that issue but did just get only 5 hours from a full sized Fling shipped today. Ugh! Maybe I'll just by a Blu kit. lol

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
UGH frustrating - but they'd probably take them back if you wanted to go that route. I had one that only lasted
about four hours (full sized) and the rest have all lasted as long as they usually do. But I don't use them all the time.
I have rechargeables I use around the house.

I am sure the would make up for a bad unit but if it's just one, no big deal. I have more kits then I feel cozy telling people lol
ps. Did you try the coconut lime yet? Wow. As advertised. Neat flavor for now and again.

WinstonSmith

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2013
Ohio
The bad one got a little better. And there were a couple that were a little finicky on the draw. Despite a few QC issues I am LOVING the full size fling, especially in the Apache flavor. It is amazing. The mini is neat but not cost effective, and I find myself too distracted by focusing the entire time on whether or not it is going to die. The larger Fling works how I expect a disposable to work, and when on sale, it is priced very well compared to the competition. I wish I could get them at a gas station for this price.

jtomalley

May 28, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Based on this thread, I've ordered a 5pack of Flings (2 regulars, 2 espressos and a vanilla) plus one single in strawbetrry just because I haven't tried any fruity flavors yet. I made sure to get FULL strength and not the 45's (yikes).

I like disposables for driving and for work because they're easy and I don't have to futz with batteries and cartridges, just open and go. I will post my thoughts after I've tried them. Thanks all for the excellent reviews and advice!

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Based on this thread, I've ordered a 5pack of Flings (2 regulars, 2 espressos and a vanilla) plus one single in strawbetrry just because I haven't tried any fruity flavors yet. I made sure to get FULL strength and not the 45's (yikes).

I like disposables for driving and for work because they're easy and I don't have to futz with batteries and cartridges, just open and go. I will post my thoughts after I've tried them. Thanks all for the excellent reviews and advice!

:)

Did you opt for the better full sized or the mini?

@ Winston. That is so true and so funny. When I use the mini, I am babying it and just so concerned about when it will die. Unless they price drop them, I cannot justify buying them. CRY!!! I am hooked on Apache too. It's great!!

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
I love love love their expresso flings. Second favorite is banana. Going to be using full sized on vacation next month - hope I don't have any 6 hour ones, taking two per day just in case. UGH

Espresso is what I always buy. It is sooo good. I ordered a couple of Apaches this time and like it pretty well also. I'm hoping WC is not producing 6 hour models since their long duration is a very big part of why we love the Flings. OTOH, at 2.95 apiece, it is still no more than a pack a day of regular cigs.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Espresso is what I always buy. It is sooo good. I ordered a couple of Apaches this time and like it pretty well also. I'm hoping WC is not producing 6 hour models since their long duration is a very big part of why we love the Flings. OTOH, at 2.95 apiece, it is still no more than a pack a day of regular cigs.

I'm watching this like a hawk lol. There seems to be an inconsistency all of a sudden with the regular Flings. One will last a full day and another will last 6-8 hours. If this is going to be the norm, I will end my fling with the Flings and go back to my eRoll.

ps. where are you getting them for $2.95? The cheapest is $3.25 and that's if you order 100 at a time.

DawnBella

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2011
USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread