Who is reading the Electronic Cigarette News and Campaigning subforum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Nice to see a few posters admitting to reading the news and campaign threads even though they don't post. There's always more lurkers than posters, but it would be nice to know how many more.

Some forums show stats for the number of views on a thread... it would be awesome if we could get that ability here!

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'll have to ask my wife if she caught a preview for it.

I only got to see two previews because I was otherwise occupied.
I was busy standing in line for 15 minutes to get a $6.00 medium sized Diet Coke.

If think you Definitely would have remembered the preview for "99 Homes". Here is something I posted in another thread about it....

I went to the Movies yesterday. Saw "Man from Uncle". And it was so Hot Outside, that I didn't mind sitting Inside watching 30 Minutes of Previews.

BTW - One of the previews was for a movie about some Guy and his Family who gets Evicted from their house. And then the evictee goes to work for the Evil Guy who Evicted them so he can support his Family.

What makes it worth Mentioning is guess what the Evil, Ruthless, Cold Hearted ....... who evicted the Familly is seen doing Many Times during the Preview?

Hitting on a Blu. LOL

---

I don't know which is Worse? Waiting in a line for 15 Minutes. Or paying 6 Bucks for 18 Cents worth of Diet Coke.

But when you put the two Together, it is Undisputedly something that Sucks.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Some forums show stats for the number of views on a thread... it would be awesome if we could get that ability here!

Replies:102
Views:1,873

You can see those stats on the main forum page (listing all the titles) and on the watched threads page--if you're using that feature. :)

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
Replies:102
Views:1,873

You can see those stats on the main forum page (listing all the titles) and on the watched threads page--if you're using that feature. :)
Well thank you lol

I usually navigate by alerts, and after finishing alerts I rarely have time to go wandering... now I will watch for that.

So... for grins I just went to the forums list and went to Law and the E-Cigarette ... pretty low view counts. No grins. Sad.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Also I'm only seeing view counts for threads... not for forums or subforums. I assume these views are not listed, but hey, maybe I missed those too... anyone?

Go to Forums main page--that stats are listed under the titles (no views though):

E-Cigarette Forum

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Keep in mind though, a lot of those "views" are us checking back to see who posted and what they said.

proxy.php

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Keep in mind though, a lot of those "views" are us checking back to see who posted and what they said.

I'm not so sure. I tested that earlier - years ago, and just now hit this thread 5 times with no change in views. Went totally out of the thread, subforum, forum, etc. Perhaps there's a time limit though.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I'm not so sure. I tested that earlier - years ago, and just now hit this thread 5 times with no change in views. Went totally out of the thread, subforum, forum, etc. Perhaps there's a time limit though.
If the 15 millionth post contest taught me anything, it's that the forum statistics do not update in real time.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If the 15 millionth post contest taught me anything, it's that the forum statistics do not update in real time.

That was an unusually populated thread but yeah... I checked feedback and I actually ask the question there earlier:

thread views | E-Cigarette Forum

In another thread there by Katya
proxy.php
:- ) .... Angus said views had an hour limit - which at the time of Katya's question was skewed according to the code monkey :lol:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
That was an unusually populated thread but yeah... I checked feedback and I actually ask the question there earlier:

thread views | E-Cigarette Forum

In another thread there by Katya
proxy.php
:- ) .... Angus said views had an hour limit - which at the time of Katya's question was skewed according to the code monkey :lol:

If memory serves, thread post count updates hourly, or twice per hour. At least that was the case back then. How this platform works, I'm not sure. :)

Individual post counts used to update every time you made a post (in a forum where posts count). But now, since we can't see our post count numbers under our avatars, I'm not even sure about that.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If memory serves, thread post count updates hourly, or twice per hour. At least that was the case back then. How this platform works, I'm not sure. :)

Individual post counts used to update every time you made a post (in a forum where posts count). But now, since we can't see our post count numbers under our avatars, I'm not even sure about that.

Well in the link provided ........................ retired says "it's one per person within a defined time period." on 'views' which would be this platform. The Angus comment of course, was regarding vbullitin.. "Thread views update once every hour." and Alex on your further question "Something wasn't running correctly... it should be fixed now". Post counts are different but the question was on 'views'

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Very rarely post period.

Read, yes. If I read something that is important to me, I'm off letting other advocates in the state know about it and skip posting.
I Hope things are going OK despite the corrupt, idiotic Indiana legislation. Thank you for your work.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I Hope things are going OK despite the corrupt, idiotic Indiana legislation. Thank you for your work.

Mostly fundraising stuff now. Need money to fight for what's right against the idiotic. Sadly, it takes many dollars.

The other "behind the scenes" stuff is fairly frustrating too, but there are glimmers of hope. If we could get the links to work on our website for longer than a couple of minutes at a time, there might be more glimmers, but we are still recovering from the site going out on the eve of the announcement of the bills, and now a couple of laws, way back when. New domain and host now but still having database issues and some other minor things that are major irritants.

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
Mostly fundraising stuff now. Need money to fight for what's right against the idiotic. Sadly, it takes many dollars.

The other "behind the scenes" stuff is fairly frustrating too, but there are glimmers of hope. If we could get the links to work on our website for longer than a couple of minutes at a time, there might be more glimmers, but we are still recovering from the site going out on the eve of the announcement of the bills, and now a couple of laws, way back when. New domain and host now but still having database issues and some other minor things that are major irritants.
I'll double down on the 'thank you', and hope that luck turns around in a better direction.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
i saw that yesterday and thought it was good until the second half.
when they got to the part that vaping 'will' inflame your lung tissue
i lost it.
regards
mike

Actually... that kinda makes sense to me, considering that after I started vaping and quit smoking, my asthma got *worse* -- inflammation is one of the ways that airways can be compromised, and I'm suffering a lot more compromised-airway problems now than I did the entire time I smoked.

I recently saw my asthma doc, and he upped my Advair from the 250/50 to the 500/50, for a double dose of the steroidal medication, which is to treat inflammation. Once I get it and start using it regularly, I'll have more idea if this is actually what is happening with my lungs.

Obviously, if one is not asthmatic or suffering COPD, this wouldn't be nearly as big a problem; even if there is some slight inflammation, you don't have the underlying problem that leads to shortness of breath; the absence of all the mucus that smoking causes would mean that any slight inflammation, if slight enough, would be a non-issue; with asthma, any inflammation can lead to constriction, leading to shortness of breath -- panting after just walking out a flat driveway to the mailbox, for instance.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread