[CLOSED - Out of business]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Well I got my bottle of DIY WTA today ty jfresh. Have you been told that it seems stronger than just plain nic base before? I mixed it down with some pg/vg so I am trying it at 18mg:) It is thicker than usual for me because I did not have plain pg, but I do not mind.

Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Hi Dixie,
Yes, It's generally well known that it's "stronger" than nic-only base. A good baseline would be about 5mg "stronger" in a subjective sense. For example, I vaped 30mg nic-only (in the distant past) and find 25mg WTA to be somewhat similar...also the throat hit of a VG only liquid measures up to a 70/30 PG/VG due to the minor alkaloids providing such a realistic "cigarette-like" hit.

Hope you find it as satisfying and pleasurable as I do!

:)

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Hi Dixie,
Yes, It's generally well known that it's "stronger" than nic-only base. A good baseline would be about 5mg "stronger" in a subjective sense. For example, I vaped 30mg nic-only (in the distant past) and find 25mg WTA to be somewhat similar...also the throat hit of a VG only liquid measures up to a 70/30 PG/VG due to the minor alkaloids providing such a realistic "cigarette-like" hit.

Hope you find it as satisfying and pleasurable as I do!

It obviously is not well known or I would have known to mix it into thirds instead of halves :oops: and since I do not care for pepper it is not what I had hoped - maybe when I get some regular nic base next month to use this as a drop into my 1.5ml tanks I will appreciate it more:unsure:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
No, perhaps I misspoke. Generally well known among regular WTA vapers, I should have said. WTA itself is not generally well known.
I'm vaping from the same batch and taste no "pepper" notes, so...not sure what you're talking about there. Could be different devices, I suppose. Or maybe the addition of PG...that seems more likely. I haven't vaped WTA with PG in over a year, so not sure how that affects the taste.

Sorry you don't find it to your liking.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
jfresh, I am a taster I can taste things that 75% of the population don't, I am only using about 25% pg so it is not that. Good try though, knowing how you feel about pg I am not surprised you blame it on the pg:p I bought the WTA to hopefully fill in till I could get more *normal* nic base next month. I was intrigued after reading the reviews on it so I am trying it. I still feel it may be ok at a drop per *normal* nic base to help curb my analog cravings so please calm down. There are a couple nic brands out there that even mixed with 60% pg have *no taste*. It is actually the nic that turns peppery for your information, believe me I do know of what I speak as I have thrown out over 3yrs worth of nic base figuring it out:vapor: So,

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I have been playing catch up on this thread - interesting stuff:) Dvap once said, "...concentrated nicotine and concentrated WTA have distinctly different odors." So yes, the taste will be completely different as well. Nic will have that almost peppery-ness sensation on the palate, but not much of an actual taste, and WTA will have some taste and a little less of that peppery-ness (though it does have its own kind of sensation). I copied it this from page 16 and I have Dvaps blog saved - so I guess I am not the only 1 that tastes a peppery taste - thank goodness:p

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
seems legit.

I may not taste it (as "peppery") simply because it's such a familiar and recurring taste. (I am a pretty heavy WTA vaper.) Like a person with cats can't smell their litter box (terrible comparison, but yeah...) But yes, WTA is going to have a taste, for sure. The notes I taste are slightly "hay-like" ...or "woody" ...along with a bit of sweetness (probably the VG)
Pretty sure there's very little oxidation of the nicotine, though...I chill it in an ice-water bath before removing from vacuum after evaporating the final solvent and mix with VG immediately after weighing it. It's exposed to air for less than a minute. Almost certainly unnecessary overkill. Plus, VG preserves compounds very well.

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Since I do not plan on ever making my own nic or WTA I do not need a primer thank you for the thought though:vapor:

I linked the article because it addressed your question. Or clarified your misconception. I got the impression you were interested in the subject.

'

pamdis

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
IL
Having a sale!

15% OFF All orders for three days, only! Through Oct. 15.

Use code: SUPER

Oh No! Tried to use the coupon and got this message "Warning: Coupon is either invalid, expired or reached it's usage limit!"

ETA: was finally able to get a note through on the website, (hate those human verification things), so hopefully you will see one of these before the sales expires tonight!

ETA: Kept trying several times during the day, and the code finally took. Thanks!

Last edited:

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
Ok it says - When vapers discern a peppery taste to their vape juices, Le Houezec noted that it is due to flavor degradation. When nicotine oxidizes, only the taste will change, but not the effect. I tested plain nic bases not so much with flavors added, is this what you wanted me to see?:blink:

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
when will the unflavored 36mg WTA be back in stock?
I would also like to know this! - In the meantime, I would go ahead and order some 30ml bottles of the 25mg, because, if you do the math, unless you are ordering the giant 240ml size of 36mg, the cost is basically the same after dilution. Unless you vape the 36mg undiluted, and in that case, you are nuttier than I am! - lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread