Why am I not diggin' this juice ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tito

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
MN
I ordered casablanca; vanilla bean; 555; and strawberry.
I really wanted to like this juice, especially with all the rave reviews.
The 555 is floral and perfumy. the strawberry has a "green" taste to it, sorry that's the only way I can describe it.
The vanilla really doesn't taste like anything.
The casablanca is okay, but very weak.
They have been sitting on my shelf for over a week, waiting. Because I wanted them to be fantastic.
I have only been off the analogs for 2 weeks so Maybe that has something to do with it ?
Do they need to steep even longer?
Help

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
don's juices, especially the tobacco juices, usually give them at least 2 or 3 weeks. The vanilla bean and the fruit flavors usually don't take as long. It could be that your taste buds are still recovering from being a smoker. That process will take you at least a month, so again, that could be part of the problem as well. I recommend you give them a couple more weeks both for steeping and for yourself.

If time doesn't change your perception of the juice then we can probably find a few folks to take the stuff off your hands, but I hope we won't have to. Good luck with the vaping.

Phorbin

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
Definitely give it some time tito. I ordered the Vanilla Bean a couple weeks after quitting analogs and couldn't taste a thing either. A month later it was okay but nothing to write home about. Six weeks later and it was like, yah - this is nice!

I don't know what your time frame will be; a day, a week, a month or two, but it (and you) will come around. That's when you begin to appreciate the fine BWB vaping experience. Good luck

Bluesun62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2011
Ramona, CA
I think that all vendors that make the tobacco juice fresh at the time of order need to steeped. I picked up some samples from another vendor to try and I thought the same thing. no flavor, but after a week they got better, after a month they were great. So my thoughts are, if it has a tobacco base, let it steep.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Hey OP, to be honest, when I first tried Malty Toffee I thought I was going to throw up, lol. Seriously, I gagged. That was about 12 days after I quit smoking. I let it steep for about 9 days (ymmv) and ever since then, it's my atty all day long. I love it! I am currently steeping some Applewood (very good out of the mailbox! But I got tired of apple, so I am letting it steep nice and good until the mood arises) I also have Honey Flue cured (I didn't really care too much for this one, currently trying to trade) and Cafe Mocha (this stuff is an amazing coffee flavor, almost a little too much for me. I am trading this one too but only because I want to try other 'sweeter' flavors and I have no money hehe.)

The point is, time makes a difference for not only the juice you're using (i.e.BWB) but your overall taste preference. The whole of my first week of vaping I was searching for a perfect tobacco flavor and I learned something really quick, I don't like em. Well, I don't like straight tobacco flavors, they have to have something else in it. You'll find your 'flavor' whether it's BWB or from where ever, I wish you the best.

tito

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2010
MN
Well, just a follow up. I took them with me in the truck for the last few days and finally got into them again today on the way back home.
Day #12 and things are starting to look up.
The 555 is less perfumy. actually kinda growing on me, although it wasn't what I expected for 555
The strawberry is doing better, yes there is still that green taste but more of the sweetness is coming through now too.
the vanilla is still taseless, but I'm gonna give it time. That's the one I REALLY wanted to be great. I love Breyers vanilla bean ice cream. Just gonna let that one sit there until it matures, no matter how long it takes. I'm taking everyone's word that it's that good.
Bottom line, I think I'm gonna like these.
Thanks everyone for the help.

uzzaperez

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2009
Perez-uzza to this day
I ordered casablanca; vanilla bean; 555; and strawberry.
I really wanted to like this juice, especially with all the rave reviews.
The 555 is floral and perfumy. the strawberry has a "green" taste to it, sorry that's the only way I can describe it.
The vanilla really doesn't taste like anything.
The casablanca is okay, but very weak.
They have been sitting on my shelf for over a week, waiting. Because I wanted them to be fantastic.
I have only been off the analogs for 2 weeks so Maybe that has something to do with it ?
Do they need to steep even longer?
Help

Part of recognizing a stellar juice is familiarity with the spectrum of what is possible/available. Juice is relative, at first to your expectations, later to your experiences with other juices.

The only help is to get around and try stuff from multiple vendors, preferably highly recommended vendors, and develop your tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread