Why do they keep saying vaping is going away, ecigs will be decimated

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Blame it on my cynical thought process but I see it as an investment, gambling on a huge payout once all the deeming regulations go into effect and thinking BT will be the only one left standing to buy them out.

Who is BT gonna buy out? The small manufacturing companies or the ones that have built up their company enough to make themselves attractive to the big money players?

This genie will not be put back into the bottle but I don't think we will be pleased with the ones that end up in control. It will be the ones with the deepest pockets and have the most government officials in those deep pockets. JMHO

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Who is They?

I don't see e-Cigarettes being Decimated. Who would want that? We Don't Want that. State/Fed Government does want that. Can't Tax what Isn't sold. And BT and Big Vape (BV) doesn't want that. Can't make Profits if you can't sell a Product.

So I don't see e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids going away.

But what I do see is a Shift from the Market we have today to one where a Very Small group of Players are the Only Ones selling Products that are FDA Approved/Regulated.

It Isn't that e-Cigarettes/e-liquids are going to be Decimated. It is the Way that we Can Buy e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids and the Type of e-Cigarettes/e-liquids we can Buy that is going to be Decimated.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville

Who is They?

I don't see e-Cigarettes being Decimated. Who would want that? We Don't Want that. State/Fed Government does want that. Can't Tax what Isn't sold. And BT and Big Vape (BV) doesn't want that. Can't make Profits if you can't sell a Product.

So I don't see e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids going away.

But what I do see is a Shift from the Market we have today to one where a Very Small group of Players are the Only Ones selling Products that are FDA Approved/Regulated.

It Isn't that e-Cigarettes/e-liquids are going to be Decimated. It is the Way that we Can Buy e-Cigarettes/e-Liquids and the Type of e-Cigarettes/e-liquids we can Buy that is going to be Decimated.
+1 Alternative Nicotine Product Permit / licence, testing each recipe @ different nic level separately
, that's a cash cow for the FDA and Gov / state.......

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
After watching the vids with the Sour Batch Kids owners, they should be regulated out of existence. I can't imagine how and under what condition those kids are mixing e-liquid...
I wanna see! Do you have any links to the vids? I would like to see what you mean.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I wanna see! Do you have any links to the vids? I would like to see what you mean.

Sent from my Commadore 64 using Tapatalk

Let me have a look through the archives...

Starting at about 18:28

There's another one with them from VapeJest NJ. I'll see if I can find it...

Reactions: ENAUD

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Low level - built to the lowest specification requirements. They just do not need anything better. And there is a very wide spectrum of requirements:
Cleanroom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Correspondingly, very wide price range. While I do not know prices, it is pretty obvious that "low level" clean room is not too expensive, as well as BS in chemistry.
So you're thinking that HALO, one of the largest and most respected eliquid companies out there, is going to be building a "cheapo" facility?
Sure.Why they would build something they do not need? And "cheapo" - is relative here.
Have you ever been over to Johnson Creek facilities?

I do realize a BS in chemistry doesn't give you a commercial real estate appraisers license, but things do cost money. A lot more than some people realize.

At any rate.... cheap or expensive, my point was, if it's July of 2015 I doubt Halo would be building out like this if the vaporapolcalapse is upon us. And no, I don't expect it to be one of the cheapo ones. :lol:

What if they are just getting prepared to new regulations + taxation. A lot of not prepared companies could go away, prepared ones will be ready to grab their market share.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
They have been planning for regulation for years and won't miss a shipment if/when regulations do eventually occur. I don't see what the problem is...
It is not a problem. It was response on thread topic, that it is not an indicator of rosy outlooks of e-cig market, it is just an indicator of upcoming regulations.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
It is not a problem. It was response on thread topic, that it is not an indicator of rosy outlooks of e-cig market, it is just an indicator of upcoming regulations.

Halo wouldn't be spending the kind of money they are and have been unless they are confident their business will continue to not only grow, but thrive...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Taxes are not a bad thing?
But if you are talking about bigger market share for one of the companies - it is not something that will affect me.

No. Taxes were a Given.

What I was asking is If it is a Bad Thing that a Company like Halo is staging itself to be a Player in a Regulated e-Liquid Market?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
vapers are already complaining that they will not buy from B&Ms.....guess they feel like they are being fleeced because somebody is making 1,300% profit margin off of them.

I think it was good that you laid out their expenses though. Realistic. Using your figs loosely, lets take 2 stores, (made up ones) in a place like Maimi, figure the revenue from sales would be around $1.6 million a year on them. Maybe a lil more, maybe a lil less.

Even if they have about $150K in expenses at each store, (I bumped your figs up quite a bit) and then, after all inventory is paid for, I can't see how they could possibly be making less than about $600K-800K a year (free and clear, i.e. profit)? They are not having to make the juice in any kind of "clean" environment.

So you're saying they can't afford to stay open?
Realistically the 1300% is a way over inflated figure:
Labor to produce
Bottling
Labeling
Promoting
Just the inventory of preparation goods would run more than the claimed initial investment.

My initial DIY investment quickly ran over $300 and was for single person supply.
Out of all the purchases I have Perfected 6 personally acceptable blends mixed at the same nic level and stored in recycled bottles.

Seriously 1300% - this is how miss-information gets started.
Well...............If you are talking only Elitist Sales to perfectionist Vapors, possibly. However those are the ones NOT concerned with cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread