The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by rolygate, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KILLERkpd

KILLERkpd Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 5, 2010
    East Coast
    I have had a littel bit of acne, nothing major. My chest hurts a bit, I guess from this thread it could be the PG. I cannot comment on sleep because I have a 5 week old daughter who hates to sleep anyways, but I have no issues taking a few drags off the ecig and then trying to pass out for a little while. No muscle cramps of any sort, the plumbing seems to be working as it normally does.

2. hamdamann

hamdamann Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2010
    Charlotte NC
    I have been vaping for 12 days and I haven't had a single analog in that time my only symptoms are extremely painful mouth ulcers I have four at this moment if anyone knows what I could do to heal these very quickly it would be greatly appreciated these things are killing me I can eat or drink heck I can't even talk lol

3. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

I'm still "losing my breath" when falling asleep at night. I used to only do this on straight Caramel, but I've been using RY4 a lot lately. Still not sure what's causing it, but it sure is annoying.

4. guitardedmark

guitardedmark Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    I love RY4 and I love waffle but both of them tend to tear my lungs up. I haven't eliminated all the variables but waffle is 80% pg and 18 mg from tasty vapor and RY4 is 50% pg 24 mg from Freedomsmokeusa.

5. rolygate

rolygate Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    It seems you have an apnoea issue and perhaps you should take this more seriously -

1. See a doctor.
    2. Change to an all-VG liquid and/or one with a lot less ingredients with potential to cause problems.

RY4 has an ingredient list a mile long. Use something simpler, with less synthetics / colorings / flavorings. Sure, you may have to sacrifice some of those great flavors, but if it's that or stop breathing...

6. rolygate

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    Get a gel treatment from a pharmacist, they work well.

7. warbdan

warbdan Moved On ECF Veteran

Thanks Roly, I'm not sure if it's apnea or not. I don't do it every night. I mostly have this problem if I vape a lot too late at night. It probably isn't helping that I mixed my RY4 with 20% flavoring instead of 10%. Next batch will be 10%, so I'll see if it makes a difference.

8. Dee74

Dee74 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Tampa Bay,Fl
    My problems started with pg DK-Tab, then RY4. Switched to VG and no problems for a while. Now I am having troubles (itching all over) from VG as well. Have dropped these flavors but still having reactions to some. It is very frustrating trying to find what ingredient is causing me all this grief, anyone else having these kinds of problems? Got got a large sampler from Velvet vapors all VG all natural and they are causing itching as well, just baffling.

9. rolygate

Supporting member
    Sep 24, 2009
    ECF Towers
    @Dee
    Try Ecopure, it's about the simplest possible. If you are OK with it, then add DIY flavors.

10. AngeLsLuv

AngeLsLuv Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    Lake Ariel, PA.
    Try one of these home remedies for Mouth Ulsers

1) 4-5 basil leaves chewed with water 2-3 times a day..
    2) Masage gums with coconut milk 3 times a day

3) Pepermint oil massaged will help with the pain and healing.

4) 2oz. Hydrogen Peroxide, 2oz Water, 1 teaspoon Salt, 1 teaspoon Baking Soda gargled 3-5 times a day.

5) Gargle with Listerine.

6) Apply 1 part Hydrogen Peroxide and 1 part Water to sores a number of times a day..

11. Mark Linehan

Mark Linehan Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Salem, MA
    Because I went to school for baking for a while, I greatly love cooking and baking, and I can say without a doubt that the best and favorite symptom of quitting smoking.. I CAN SMELL AGAIN! All the aromas that I was missing and not even realizing it until the first time I baked after stopping smoking about a month. Incredible dulling of smell those ciggies.

12. Corona

Corona Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Tri-State Area
    regarding mouth ulcers or canker sores, take vitamin B, it will make them go away and pretty much keep them away.

Works much better than topical treatments since you don't get them in the first place!

13. guitardedmark

Sep 20, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    The other day, all of the sudden I couldn't breath and it felt like I had liquid in my lungs. It lasted for about an hour and I had a lot of difficulty breathing. This happened 1 other time since I started vaping and I've only been vaping for like 2 months. I NEVER had this prior to vaping. It comes on very quickly and the first time it happened while i was vaping. The other time it was about an hour after I had vaped last. Any ideas?

14. jayvap33

jayvap33 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    USA
    Do you mouth-inhale or lung-inhale, PG or VG, and what PV and Nic level and Flavors/brands of e-juice are you using? We need more information to diagnose you ;-)

15. guitardedmark

Sep 20, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    haha good point :)

I usually vape around 50/50 pg/vg with about 18-24 MG. I mouth inhale and I only smoke juices from 2 vendors. Freedomsmokeusa and tasty vapor. The first time I had the attack I was switching between them, the second time I was using a mixed juice of the 2 vendors. An RY4 from freedomsmokeusa and a vanilla mixture from tasty vapor. I have not been able to trend anything odd except that in both cases I was laughing prior to the attack. However, there are other times where I laugh more and have not had an issue.

16. jayvap33

jayvap33 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 14, 2010
    USA

Sounds anomalous to me, like you could have a rare reaction or allergy. I vape a lot but rarely deep-inhale and haven't had anything like that. I have Tasty Vapor 12mg Waffles and Tastyfinger and I have to mix them with other flavors because they taste acrid to me plain. Never tried FreedomsmokeUSA...

17. guitardedmark

Sep 20, 2010
    Minneapolis, MN
    tasty vapor waffles is AMAZING :)

18. Kim Fantoni

Kim Fantoni Moved On

Nov 5, 2010
    On the Moon
    Hiccups, Diarhea, acne mostly tolerable.

19. Mister

Mister Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Nanaimo BC Canada
    If someone is still working on improving the post at the start of this thread then:

Please see my earlier post on this thread at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/health-safety-e-smoking/3305-list-symptoms-when-quitting-tobacco-changing-ecigarette-24.html#post1015554. Many of the issues I mentioned there have not yet been addressed.

Please remove the statement in section "2. Mouth Ulcers" that says "affecting two out of five quitters." That appears to be an unsubstantiated number pulled out of the air. The most useful number I can find for this is at the CASAA poll of 2,156 vapers, https://www.surveymonkey.com/sr.aspx?sm=HrpzL8PN5cP366RWhWvCTjggiZM_2b8yQJHfwE9UXRNhE_3d. The poll indicates that 14% of vapers experienced at least a bit of "Mouth Sores". This number only provides an upper limit, I expect that it would have been lower if the poll had asked about "Mouth Ulcers" instead of Sores.

20. Mister

Mister Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2009
    Nanaimo BC Canada
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.