Status
Not open for further replies.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Enjoy!

I'm not so sure about shops these days and what they recommend.
18mg in the old days was about the normal and certainly not only for heavy smokers. 6-8 watts was about the power then, of course.
I never bought the heavy smoker thing anyway back then; the logic (to me) seems that you smoked, you got your nicotine, you smoked again - sooner if you were smoking a lot. No particular reason to vape super-high nicotine levels.
The nicotine from one vaping session needed to feel similar (I guess) to smoking 1 cigarette.
Some folk used 24mg or even 36mg - those days must be gone now - even a modest e-cig makes twice as much vapour as the early eGo types.
One shop gave my friend 6mg and she was still smoking a year later. Too little is as bad a recommendation as too much.
Well everyone have different needs so there's not really a 1 size fits all solution unfortunately (some might stop smoking with e-cig or cigalikes) i failed with these devices and 15 mg is just the right point for me to get a satisfying dose of nicotine without vaping for longer times. I am thinking about sub ohm at the moment for those tasty clouds and because i want to start reducing the dosage as i'm getting more and more used to vaping + the consistency of the clouds i feel seemed better. I'm also in canada and i think 18mg is the highest dose of nic you can get here .

Imho no solution is perfect unless it stops you from using analogs which is the biggest point of vaping.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I just think the various options should be explored... You can vape pretty high nicotine in a small tank and some people need that quick hit, not chain vaping, as they may only be allowed breaks outside, for short periods, just like smoking, at work. I think it's great to have both options (sub-ohm or not) and I imagine most serious vapers have different needs, desires, and own, (so it seems here, LOL) a HUGE variety of gear for different situations.

Not gonna lie, taste is far better in my sub-ohm tank, it's just that I chain vape on that thing until I don't feel good. For me, taste (as long as I can tolerate it) isn't the hugest deal, so I choose strong flavors since I can only use VG. I don't taste flavor as much in my small tank, but I sure get satisfaction more quickly, and with the higher nic levels, if you are really doing MTL to nose in a small, high nic tank, I think that works well. I don't mind a small loss of flavor, heck, as long as I can feel/see the smoke I could likely do no flavor at all (I'm not going to).

That said, the ONLY issue I have with Cloud Vapers is the start of competitions (which from the sound of things, can be unsafe, battery wise) and the increased distain of society as they may walk through what looks like fog, coming from someone else's lungs.... I don't think it makes e-cigging look great to the rest of the world, and there is something, ah, so *substantial* about the amount of vapor some awesome cloud-makers can produce that if I were a non-smoker, I wouldn't want to deal with it. Even my son's sub-ohm vaping (he tended for the grossest things, like menthol and fruits, combined) would kind of gross me out in the car due to the SMELL, it was encompassing even with the window open... Even when I was still smoking, LOL. I never said anything, and I'm sure as a *smoker* I was grosser than the BEST sub-ohmn cloud producer in the country! I just think that there is something to vaping that's a bit... More contained. At least when out and about, or stay aware of ppl approaching... Agreed that the treatment e-cigs are getting no matter what is going on is totally UNFAIR, and I'm not sure small, stealthy vapes would have improved matters..... The FDA had to be gunning for this as soon as it took off, finanacially.... Not to mention BT, but for me the point of vaping is it ISN'T like smoking in the sense that I don't have to bother other people. NOT my primary motivation, and if I loved DL or building I might feel differently.... I vape because *I* want to, but it IS nice to not be told by some cranky nurse leaving for the day that I am 13.2 feet away from an entrance, not 14. The lack of THAT is pleasant.

I think the first time I vaped it was 36 m.g. but a lot of things were different, then.

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Well everyone have different needs so there's not really a 1 size fits all solution unfortunately (some might stop smoking with e-cig or cigalikes) i failed with these devices and 15 mg is just the right point for me to get a satisfying dose of nicotine without vaping for longer times. I am thinking about sub ohm at the moment for those tasty clouds and because i want to start reducing the dosage as i'm getting more and more used to vaping + the consistency of the clouds i feel seemed better. I'm also in canada and i think 18mg is the highest dose of nic you can get here .

Imho no solution is perfect unless it stops you from using analogs which is the biggest point of vaping.

Of course :)

I think I misunderstood (a little) the post you made. I thought you were saying the vaping shop recommendation was somehow scientific, but actually you were saying it was exactly right for you, which I wouldn't argue against, of course. That's good news. :thumb:
I failed on 24mg cig-a-likes... and remember the outrageous claims of the cynical companies that sold these very poor products for extortionate money.

Reactions: QcVaper

David Wolf

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Enjoy!

I'm not so sure about shops these days and what they recommend.
18mg in the old days was about the normal and certainly not only for heavy smokers. 6-8 watts was about the power then, of course.
I never bought the heavy smoker thing anyway back then; the logic (to me) seems that you smoked, you got your nicotine, you smoked again - sooner if you were smoking a lot. No particular reason to vape super-high nicotine levels.
The nicotine from one vaping session needed to feel similar (I guess) to smoking 1 cigarette.
Some folk used 24mg or even 36mg - those days must be gone now - even a modest e-cig makes twice as much vapour as the early eGo types.
One shop gave my friend 6mg and she was still smoking a year later. Too little is as bad a recommendation as too much.
Those days are still here for some of us. I'm vaping 28-32 mg nic salts juice mouth to lung with a 0.63 ohm SS "subohm" coil in an Amor tank set to tight draw with CLR coils. at 370-380 Deg F temp control. 10.5 W limit. I vape 2ml a day and my daily nic intake is about what someone vaping 20 ml a day at 3mg nic or 10 ml of 6 mg nic. I'm getting less aldehydes :D
The nic intake is all about how much ejuice you vape at a given nic concentration and how your body absorbs it.

Reactions: djsvapour

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC

agreed. i started at 24mg. at the time i figured that if it was too high that would be better than too low to get me to quit smoking. been at 6mg exclusively for the past couple of years. just recently went down to 3mg, but that's mainly for when i'm sub-ohming. if i'm using my eGo i stick with the 6mg.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Of course :)

I think I misunderstood (a little) the post you made. I thought you were saying the vaping shop recommendation was somehow scientific, but actually you were saying it was exactly right for you, which I wouldn't argue against, of course. That's good news. :thumb:
I failed on 24mg cig-a-likes... and remember the outrageous claims of the cynical companies that sold these very poor products for extortionate money.
Yeah sorry about that xD i'm french canadian so my capacity to be understood in english sometimes is not that great tbh.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You don't drink Everclear like beer? I don't either (anymore), and yes, it usually leads to some.... exciting effects, but exciting like having to go to the ER, not like winning the lottery :) I hope things work out for you and everyone's different.... That's kind of why I like the Nautilus 2, you can experience sub-ohm (to a point) and you can get different coils, also. I'd imagine the freedom of making your own builds would be even better, but the main thing, if you like your vape and it works, that's fantastic.

Anna

Reactions: 90VG

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Well, I just think the various options should be explored... You can vape pretty high nicotine in a small tank and some people need that quick hit, not chain vaping, as they may only be allowed breaks outside, for short periods, just like smoking, at work. I think it's great to have both options (sub-ohm or not) and I imagine most serious vapers have different needs, desires, and own, (so it seems here, LOL) a HUGE variety of gear for different situations.

Not gonna lie, taste is far better in my sub-ohm tank, it's just that I chain vape on that thing until I don't feel good. For me, taste (as long as I can tolerate it) isn't the hugest deal, so I choose strong flavors since I can only use VG. I don't taste flavor as much in my small tank, but I sure get satisfaction more quickly, and with the higher nic levels, if you are really doing MTL to nose in a small, high nic tank, I think that works well. I don't mind a small loss of flavor, heck, as long as I can feel/see the smoke I could likely do no flavor at all (I'm not going to).

That said, the ONLY issue I have with Cloud Vapers is the start of competitions (which from the sound of things, can be unsafe, battery wise) and the increased distain of society as they may walk through what looks like fog, coming from someone else's lungs.... I don't think it makes e-cigging look great to the rest of the world, and there is something, ah, so *substantial* about the amount of vapor some awesome cloud-makers can produce that if I were a non-smoker, I wouldn't want to deal with it. Even my son's sub-ohm vaping (he tended for the grossest things, like menthol and fruits, combined) would kind of gross me out in the car due to the SMELL, it was encompassing even with the window open... Even when I was still smoking, LOL. I never said anything, and I'm sure as a *smoker* I was grosser than the BEST sub-ohmn cloud producer in the country! I just think that there is something to vaping that's a bit... More contained. At least when out and about, or stay aware of ppl approaching... Agreed that the treatment e-cigs are getting no matter what is going on is totally UNFAIR, and I'm not sure small, stealthy vapes would have improved matters..... The FDA had to be gunning for this as soon as it took off, finanacially.... Not to mention BT, but for me the point of vaping is it ISN'T like smoking in the sense that I don't have to bother other people. NOT my primary motivation, and if I loved DL or building I might feel differently.... I vape because *I* want to, but it IS nice to not be told by some cranky nurse leaving for the day that I am 13.2 feet away from an entrance, not 14. The lack of THAT is pleasant.

I think the first time I vaped it was 36 m.g. but a lot of things were different, then.

Anna
I'm superseded you get less flavour in your nautilus 2, I get much more flavour doing MTL!
I find sub ohming utterly terrible, tried it & not for me. The flavour diminishes & too airy.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think it depends on your tank and/or your flavor mix and PG/VG ratio. I have an Aspire cleto which.... The coils inside look bigger than the tank, it sometimes seems... LOL I get so much vapor that I can't HELP tasting my e-juice, this tank was not purchased by me, but by my son. I'm REALLY hesitant to add PG with my smaller tank, and don't get me wrong I *do* taste it, and am satisfied, it's just not overwhelming like my sub-ohm tank, which can pretty much fill my house with vapor after a few hits, so it's a bit of a different scenario.

Anna

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I think it depends on your tank and/or your flavor mix and PG/VG ratio. I have an Aspire cleto which.... The coils inside look bigger than the tank, it sometimes seems... LOL I get so much vapor that I can't HELP tasting my e-juice, this tank was not purchased by me, but by my son. I'm REALLY hesitant to add PG with my smaller tank, and don't get me wrong I *do* taste it, and am satisfied, it's just not overwhelming like my sub-ohm tank, which can pretty much fill my house with vapor after a few hits, so it's a bit of a different scenario.

Anna
I uses to use the cleito alot when I was into sub ohming & it was really good but you'd expect that from aspire. If I was gonna sub ohm again I would use this tank again. I actually wanted to use it the other day but I smashed it :(
I am getting the cleito exo, it's a 2ml tpd tank but... get this you can use the original coils an it increases the tank to 3.5ml. Also it's no airflow on it which isn't a con for me cos it's not as airy as the original. I also have a 5 pack of 0.2 coils left :) I do like sub ohming but if I'm gonna stay off cigarettes I need high nicotine mtl first thing in morning.
Ooh btw haven't had a ... today & um not gonna buy any.

Reactions: stols001

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I wish people would stop focusing on the resistance as the main/only determining factor. It's about watts, airflow, coil composition, heat flux etc more than resistance. In one of my atties I'm using dual ss316l coils at .51Ω. A comfortable mtl, though not exactly a tootle puff setup. If the coils were kanthal they'd be above 1Ω and the required settings and the vaping experience would be the same.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I wish people would stop focusing on the resistance as the main/only determining factor. It's about watts, airflow, coil composition, heat flux etc more than resistance. In one of my atties I'm using dual ss316l coils at .51Ω. A comfortable mtl, though not exactly a tootle puff setup. If the coils were kanthal they'd be above 1Ω and the required settings and the vaping experience would be the same.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk
Yeah but people don't seem to be aware of all the factors of vaping, there's some clueless people on here Ken.
Heat, airflow and wattage are all needed to vape an people don't care about that.
They just wanna do super low builds when you don't need too!
An if they are not using mechs I don't get why they worry about resistance so much.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can't reduce my wattage enough with the cleto to not produce a lot of vapor and burn through a lot of juice. I might be able to NOW, with low airflow and low wattage, but TRUST ME my lungs were in no way equipped to freaking manage it on the sub-ohm tank I have. I might try it at some point, but I'm so satisfied with what I'm using, why would I do that? Just to say I can use a sub-ohm tank?

I agree, I have seen ppl on low resistance talking about the same type of watts that I use NOW, I could NOT make that work. At some point, I might shove in my lower resistance coil in the Naut 2 to see if I DO get more flavor with less juice.... But if it ain't broke, I don't exactly see why I need to fix it.

I agree that you can do amazing things (either direction) using various resistances, but I do think trying a few different coils at different resistances (not to mention the PG/VG ratio which I would LOVE to mess with, but I can't, I'm allergic.

That said, somone else might be super comfortable with a totally different setup, it's just that MY lungs are frizzled, and I like what I'm using. So.

Anna

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I can't reduce my wattage enough with the cleto to not produce a lot of vapor and burn through a lot of juice. I might be able to NOW, with low airflow and low wattage, but TRUST ME my lungs were in no way equipped to freaking manage it on the sub-ohm tank I have. I might try it at some point, but I'm so satisfied with what I'm using, why would I do that? Just to say I can use a sub-ohm tank?

I agree, I have seen ppl on low resistance talking about the same type of watts that I use NOW, I could NOT make that work. At some point, I might shove in my lower resistance coil in the Naut 2 to see if I DO get more flavor with less juice.... But if it ain't broke, I don't exactly see why I need to fix it.

I agree that you can do amazing things (either direction) using various resistances, but I do think trying a few different coils at different resistances (not to mention the PG/VG ratio which I would LOVE to mess with, but I can't, I'm allergic.

That said, somone else might be super comfortable with a totally different setup, it's just that MY lungs are frizzled, and I like what I'm using. So.

Anna
It is a thirsty little beast one of the cons I find & I can't handle it either. No what you mean there.
Yeah after experimenting with a few I'm back to the nautilus or Kayfun if I fancy building.
The 0.7 coil with the n2 has really good flavour, it does use more juice than the 1.8 but it's not by any means thirsty.
I close the airflow off a bit an it still works as an mtl draw. I find I can still use my 18mg juice with it too!
Aw that sucks that your allergic to PG.
I use 50/50 most of the time but of I'm mixing my own I go even higher.
I find that stores just concentrate on high vg an it's not fair.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, I'm currently using my Nautilus 2 with the sub-ohm coil, and was pleasantly surprised how it processed my pure VG juice (from 15--20 nic, depending). I only turned the wattage up by 1, though so I'm vaping it at 15 mg.... I'm vaping about the same amount (2--4 tanks a day, so really, about 5 mls juice, as I don't wait for the tank to empty completely to refill, unless I'm changing a coil. It really makes my vape flavor way better and seems to process my juice much more... cleanly?

The only reason not to chain vape like crazy at high watts/low nic, (IMO) is that initially, vaping TORE up my throat (and combine that with smoker's throat while quitting anyway?) It did not go so well for me, I used a 1.8 coil at first, and vaped at 14 watts. I still vaped A LOT in the beginning, but there was no way for me to get my cleto functioning well (for me) at low wattage, and higher wattages and chain vaping overheat juice and it gets unpleasant.... That said not everyone is so sensitive, but switching did allow me to vape more easily. I still use my large, sub-ohm tank for when I need fast nicotine, but for the most part, I don't use it much... Though I guess I am now techinically sub-ohming, and yes, you can do it without superheating your juice, but I already went through the mad, "I'm going to vape this thing as long and fast as I can, will thinking of cigarettes," LOL.

As long as you know the sx of nicotine overload and *stop* and your throat is okay, there isn't any reason to not vape lower nicotine, at higher watts, DL.

Good luck, hope it all works out well.

Anna

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Those days are still here for some of us. I'm vaping 28-32 mg nic salts juice mouth to lung with a 0.63 ohm SS "subohm" coil in an Amor tank set to tight draw with CLR coils. at 370-380 Deg F temp control. 10.5 W limit. I vape 2ml a day and my daily nic intake is about what someone vaping 20 ml a day at 3mg nic or 10 ml of 6 mg nic. I'm getting less aldehydes :D
The nic intake is all about how much ejuice you vape at a given nic concentration and how your body absorbs it.
Yep still vaping 24mg nic myself, tried the hi wattage, low nic, clouds bro thing and it wasn't for me, I just couldn't see the enamoration of watching clouds exit from my mouth. I just feel a higher nic and lower juice consumption is closer to what I was doing with cigs, so I just stuck with that. I vape about 3 mls per day and it's a lot cheaper that way. But vaping is vaping and it's all good , so whatever it takes to get people interested in it, is the main thing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I'm superseded you get less flavour in your nautilus 2, I get much more flavour doing MTL!
I find sub ohming utterly terrible, tried it & not for me. The flavour diminishes & too airy.
Don't really know about the nautilus, well a little because my wife vapes them and they are very good, but I agree, the vape from my rebuildable rta's mtl was better then when I tried sub ohming. I just feel that once you increase air flow, the flavor gets slightly muted, that along with max vg, just didn't compare imo

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread