Not open for further replies.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Key point:

"if I was arriving on the scene now, there is no way I would go for one of those huge and expensive devices with removable batteries and big charger."

I think there's a lot of folks who would agree (myself included) and that's why "new" vapers may not be inclined to upgrade to high end devices in the future, thus putting pressure on high end devices for price drops.

It will be interesting to see how the Twist impacts the higher end VV's sales. I actually think it will boost their sales because people will love VV from their Twist experience. So could go either way. bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
How much are the batteries and charger? If I remember correctly they were very expensive when I bought mine. So add in the +-$45 charger and three batteries to your $159. How much is that? I still like my Provari, and not sorry I bought it at the time, but if I was arriving on the scene now, there is no way I would go for one of those huge and expensive devices with removable batteries and big charger.

P.S. Twist is +-$21 - $23.

Charger was $16.95, batts were $8.95 but have found them cheaper since, same batts. The difference is if your Provari batts dies you still have the Provari, it is a different device than the Twist, where the Twist is the batt and when it dies you have no VV device. I think both types have their advantages no doubt and neither one can really be compared to the other accurately. The Provari is heavy, the Twist is sleeker lighter, I think the Twist is great it is just not the same device as a Provari tho because of the replaceable batts and the Provari has alot more features than the Twist. Once I get my Twist I will be able to compare them better. I already have a VV ego, but it only has 3 settings, I love it with clearos to take along when out and about, I am thinking I will most likely favor the Twist over that.
bnrk

Cookster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2011
Fla-De-Da
I've been using my Lavatube and Vtube mini at home, and using the three stage VV eGo for out and about, and it's always been disappointing going from the bigger mods to the lower voltages. The Twist makes the transition seamless. So much so that I've been using the Twist at home, and have put my LT in the drawer as my "hurricane" PV. :)

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
when the V2 provari came out it was called a game changer too,,now the ego twist is being called a game changer,,next improved thing to come out will be a game changer also..

do you see the trend here ?? i do
Everything trends... there's always gonna be something bigger and better.. it's part of the deal. I fully expect that within a couple months, I'll be trading what I've got now for whatever it is that's bigger and better... just the way I roll :laugh:

martinc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Provari is not expensive :)

Just bought something that is expensive.

I like toys,specially when they are a gifts from me to me.

Been choking on a Vmax for a few weeks now,dont really need anything else but wth,I dont work to leave money to strangers...somehow the same excuse springs out when comes the time for a new motorcycle or anything new for that matter :laugh:

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
I tend to agree with the original post. I own both the lava tube and two ego twist batteries. My lavatube is relagated to home use. I am a 4 to 4.5 volt vapor and the twist handles that very well for me. And lets be honest the twist is really nice looking compate to the pipe bomb look of the lava tube.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
when the V2 provari came out it was called a game changer too,,now the ego twist is being called a game changer,,next improved thing to come out will be a game changer also..

do you see the trend here ?? i do
I don't think you're using the same definition of game changer that I would use...

Game changer doesn't mean the device will stick around forever, or that nothing can replace it.
It just means that it sets a new bar, that it changes the industry in some way.

Using that definition, I'm quite confident that the Twist will have that kind of impact.
Even if something better replaces it eventually.
:)

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
I was responding to what I perceived to be people making comparisons of the Twist to a Provari and those same people concluding that the Twist made the Provari unnecessary. I may have sounded like I was making a general criticism of the Twist, but my intent was to point out that it isn't a replacement for the the Provari IF a properly regulated device is what you are wanting.

I have not tried the Twist yet, but from what I've read / seen in video reviews (PBusardo / VapeTeam), it seems to be a great product. The fact that it can deliver a 10 watt vape and is inexpensive should make it very popular.

As far as being able to sell the 650mah Twist for $23 or less: I don't see how any USA based vendor is making any net profit at that price point. As a vendor, I've done my price research on the Twists and my conclusion, at this point in time, is that I'd have to sell them for $30+ to make it worth doing. If there are USA based vendors who can sell for cheaper than that, more power to them !

Just to be perfectly clear: I'm glad the Ego Twist is available because it will ultimately help more people quit regular cigarettes. I agree that it will probably be a great backup to folks APVs, too.

Repeating what I said a couple of posts ago: it still seems that a lot of people are downplaying the fact that many, many vapers like to have different-sized devices for different occasions. My friend Dan, a 42-year (ex)-smoker, takes his eGo-C with him to work, and enjoys his ProVari when he comes home. Is the Joyetech Twist a direct replacement for the ProVari? No, of course not. Criticizing it for not having the same voltage curve throughout the discharging of the battery is like criticizing a Toyota Camry, which might be someone's "daily driver" for not being able to accelerate as fast as the Dodge Viper that that same person takes out on the weekend.

Unless the voltage control knob/mechanism turns out to be problematic, I think that owners of VV APVs would do well to accept the likelihood that the Twist is a very good way to get into VV that some people will stick with for a long time, while others will add more advanced VV and/or VW devices to their arsenal, while most likely continuing to use the Twist on many occasions.

Most experienced vapers would probably be of the opinion that having a backup PV, and ideally a backup for the backup, is a very good way to minimize the risk of ever being tempted to fire up a stinkie. IMO the Twist is currently a no-brainer choice for a backup PV, and as such is also a very solid choice for the first PV for a beginner, since the money spent on it will therefore not be money wasted if and when that beginner adds a more advanced VV device to his arsenal.

Lastly, I disagree that the 650 mah Twist will be selling for $30-35 any time soon, unless it's years from now and inflation enters the picture. Health Cabin is selling it for $21.50 right now, and I have a hard time believing that they are selling it at a loss. That just doesn't ring true.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
I have a Twist and I have no intention of dismissing other opinions that have been expressed in this thread. The following is nothing but MY opinion-

I think the Twist is a nice step up from the Ego/Kgo batteries and and a nice intro to the benefits of VV vaping. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some find the Twist everything they want in vaping. But, I have to say it, the unregulated 4.8 volt, 2.5 amp (I think that's what it is) limitation, is a far, far cry from other economical VV options. I could go on ad nauseum about where the Twist falls short of these other options, but I'll spare everyone. What I hope to accomplish with this post is to encourage those that may have expected more from VV not to stop with the Twist.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I don't think you're using the same definition of game changer that I would use... Game changer doesn't mean the device will stick around forever, or that nothing can replace it. It just means that it sets a new bar, that it changes the industry in some way. Using that definition, I'm quite confident that the Twist will have that kind of impact. Even if something better replaces it eventually. :)
yea,we are using the same definition of the term game changer..my point was\is, the twist is what is popular now,,that will change within a month or so .. good about the twist is that people with limited funds can get into VV a lot cheaper

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
K.. I desperately need some help here. I'm working with a sizable number (say 5-10) of people who want to buy their first starter kit and get rolling vaping, like right now.. next day or so. Up till now, I've recommended a 900-1100mah ego kit, but I'd also love to give them the option of an ego twist kit. I'm in a time crunch.. have to give them some links right now to some kits.. they're all waiting. BUT have been searching for about an hour for twist kit, and have yet to find any. I've found stand alone single units, but no kit. I too, think its a game changer. I just think it'll extend the time that they're satisfied with that ego kit, without having to upgrade in first few mos. Not all vapers do that, but a big portion of them do, as I've seen from getting previous friends rolling with vaping gear.

So... can anyone send me or leave me a link to good value ego twist kits you've seen? Open to regular 900-1100 mah ego kits as well at a good value. I'm talking advantage of the hunting you guys have already done just cause I need to get them some links asap. I'm freaked they're all gonna go sign up for the 'free starter kit' online... bad bad. Thanks so much, anyone who can help! And sorry to hijack asking for links... there may be some in here already, I just haven't gone thru all the pages yet. Will though. Feel free to pm em to me, as well. I'll subscribe here, though. Thanks so much!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I think the Twist is a nice step up from the Ego/Kgo batteries and and a nice intro to the benefits of VV vaping. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some find the Twist everything they want in vaping. But, I have to say it, the unregulated 4.8 volt, 2.5 amp (I think that's what it is) limitation, is a far, far cry from other economical VV options. I could go on ad nauseum about where the Twist falls short of these other options, but I'll spare everyone.
OK, interesting.
1.In what way is it a far, far cry from other economical VV options?
2. No, please go on...
3. Which options are these?

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
OK, interesting.
1.In what way is it a far, far cry from other economical VV options?
2. No, please go on...
3. Which options are these?

1. Too little power to work with higher resistance cartos/addys. Doesn't give enough range - too little current and/or voltage
2. Some carto/addys/juices provide better vapor, flavor, throat hit in the higher power ranges. Some find they prefer warmer vapor. With LR carto's/addys, bigger batteries last much longer. Twist is a disposable. Devices with replaceable batteries are much more economical in the long term.
3. Lavatube regular or mini come to mind. There are several others.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
And some people really seem to care a lot about a consistent vape from start to finish.
The Twist is not regulated, so there will be a gradual decline in voltage, and a large dropoff towards the end.

I don't need each vape to be perfect, so unregulated is okay with me.
I've had the Twist in an online shopping cart a couple of times but haven't pulled the trigger.

My main concern is that 4.8 volts might be too low for me.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
And some people really seem to care a lot about a consistent vape from start to finish.
The Twist is not regulated, so there will be a gradual decline in voltage, and a large dropoff towards the end.
I don't need each vape to be perfect, so unregulated is okay with me.
I've had the Twist in an online shopping cart a couple of times but haven't pulled the trigger.
My main concern is that 4.8 volts might be too low for me.
I am sitting here with my Twist 650mAh. I am taking off EMDCC's, atomizers and Stardusts off other devices and screwing them onto my Twist and puffing. I am quite DIZZY trying them all out at 3.4 volts.... PLUMES of vapor, great thoat hit etc. etc. But then again my juice is quite strong. There is absolutely no way I will even try it at the max setting. I know it will burn my LR Stardust for sure and as for the other many cartos etc. 3.4 is enough for me. The other day I tried something at 3.7, I almost passed out lol.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I already have a VV ego, but it only has 3 settings, I love it with clearos to take along when out and about, I am thinking I will most likely favor the Twist over that.
bnrk
You will! I have three of those first eGo VV devices. Although I liked them a lot, the Twist is really WAY superior! Night and day IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread